Your favorite transparent blocks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

JuliCash

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys,
im currently looking for nice connected glass blocks
im playing unhinged, in the past i liked the xycraft blocks a lot..

suggestions? (i dont mind adding a mod for a cool looking glass)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers Construct has pretty good glass

Has connected textures in that you can only see the ones on the outside, it looks like a perfectly polished window otherwise

Reactions: Saice

NightB1ade

Jul 29, 2019
I quite like the ExtraUtils ones. Especially the glowstone glass which emits light.

AE also has similar glass with the quartz glass, but I always found hunting for enough quartz to get that and get the AE system running and upgraded a slight pain.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
AE has some nice sparkly glass... looks like shit in vanilla textures but looks pretty awesome with faithful. Also, adding a couple of glowstone to it makes it emit light, bonus!
And TiCo glass is sexy as hell.

Reactions: Geometry

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I like that mods are now adding their own types of glass which actually don't friggin break whenever you accidentally click-rage your pickaxe.
Extra Utilities has added some nice looking glass blocks recently with connected textures. you can also try the mod called Chisel which adds all kinds of decorative type of blocks of existing blocks, including glass

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
AE has some nice sparkly glass... looks like shit in vanilla textures but looks pretty awesome with faithful. Also, adding a couple of glowstone to it makes it emit light, bonus!

I would love them, but they are too obvious. The texture is clearly unnatural and weird. And yes, I'm using Faithful.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo glass for me as a rule. The Thaumcraft Warded glass is pretty amazing as well, but I just want a clean window with no smudges most of the time. :)

Ars Magica's has a foggy window-like block. Can't remember the name, but it looks pretty awesome in stone. I think those are my faves right now.

Also, someone above mentioned chisel. The crappy builder in me BEGS for this to be added to every modpack, EVER. Even I can make interesting things with it :)

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
reinforced glass. while its not transparent, it has a connecting texture and only one side of it shows when looking at the glass from any angle. i built a snazzy basement design using it, while having it thick enough to provide proper blast resistance to the basement nukes. It looks good in both vanilla and soartex.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what that means... do you mean it textures differerntly when it is put next to other blocks of the same glass?
/edited

connected textures means if you place 2 of the same blocks next to eachother, the textures will change so they'll get connected to eachother

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
I really like applied energistics' Quartz glass - especially the luminescent one. In one of my bases, that was pretty much my main light source.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo glass just disappears and doesn't have texture. But I see why people like it since it's all modern and connected and stuff :p

My fave glass right now is from Chisel. Outside of vanilla clay, I love almost everything from Chisel for that matter.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo glass just disappears and doesn't have texture. But I see why people like it since it's all modern and connected and stuff :p

My fave glass right now is from Chisel. Outside of vanilla clay, I love almost everything from Chisel for that matter.

Yeah Chisel is awesome. Is the bug where you break marble slabs with anything instantly and you don't get the block back still present?