Yomawolf (WW Game Thread)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
super-mega-reverse-vote ljfa, on the premise that as a tanner he'd make a way bigger effort to get a town win rather than just his own win.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Unofficial, 1-hour-till-EOD Tally

ljfa:
Pyure, RJS, J, SE37
SE37: LAC
sgbros: ljfa
Pyure: sgbros
RJS: Spwnx

I believe that everyone alive has voted, but I'll let the day be completed before I post the recap.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
yeah its best to wait. You know them wolves, a bunch of whiny wretches if any did exist, and don't even have the balls to stand up and defend themselves publicly when I insult them.

.....?

Reactions: goreae

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
END OF DAY 5

(5) ljfa:
Pyure, RJS, J, SE37
(1) SE37: LAC
(1) sgbros: ljfa
(1) Pyure: sgbros
(1) RJS: Spwnx

ljfa has been lynched! They were a Tanner!
Pyure was hurled off a cliff by Someone Else 37! They were, respectively, a Summoner and Nimrod!

END OF GAME

All the wolves are dead!

Winners:
ljfa (tanner) [i don't even know anymore]
RJS (mayor)
Sgbros1 (butcher)
the_j485 (guard)
LivingAngryCheese (tanner)
Spwnx (claymore)

All Roles:
016Nojr (yoma)
eeffoc (blacksmith)
erindalc (beta)
fowltief (candlestick maker)
goreae (baker)
lenscas (vlad)
ljfa (tanner)
Pyure (summoner)
RealKC (wizard)
RJS (mayor)
Sgbros1 (butcher)
Shazam08 (alpha)
Someone Else 37 (nimrod)
SoraZodia (guard)
Spwnx (claymore)
the_j485 (guard)
Vikestep (scryer)
LivingAngryCheese (tanner)

Daily Actions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gIt9NkUHGjWL7Lxpl4e5EwKne7fkyzfdHT183l3_UU8/edit?usp=sharing

My Notes:
This was... not the most well-planned game of WW ever GM'ed. I had to revise and clarify too many parts during the game for my own liking, but it's good that they were pointed out, questioned, and clarified; I'll be sure in the future to try harder to avoid mistakes and loopholes.
  1. Spwn got super lucky in identifying the Yoma on the first night, and killing him on the second.
  2. Pyure and Shaz were very talkative and helpful to my noobiness, and also a source of many of the corrections I needed to make. Kudos to you guys.
  3. Having two Tanners seems at this point to have been a mistake, due to the confusion that arose over their win conditions. Still, it was... interesting to see the chaos.
  4. For some reason, J didn't guard anyone on this last night. Perhaps I should have pinged him. :/
  5. A wild Leth appeared, twice.
  6. Yeah, I really didn't give out a lot of information during the game at all. Sorry about that everyone.
Any questions? I think it was about time to lay this game to rest, anyway. I'll just be in my corner of awkwardness if you need me.

Last edited:

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
END OF DAY 5 ~snip~

I think the you did a fantastic job, especially considering the forum downtimes. Some feedback...

Only 1 tanner would have been best.
Considering the number of people in the game, I would have rather have 4 wolves (perhaps replacing the vampire?), especially considering one is a suicide role.

I'd like to play this game again at some point, once you've made your tweaks Eru.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Eru this was a great game. And an awesome showing by all the wolves. Particular nod to erindalc who I was 90% convinced when he phoned me up with a sophisticated "I trust you" pm. Only my natural paranoia prevented me from giving info there.

None of the wolves ever really slipped up much. I gave SO37 and ljfa both interrogations and I couldn't get nothin. I was half convince cheese was a genius wolf watching us all mangle each other :/ (RJS was half prepared to lynch sgbros AND cheese before SO37 I think)

1 more wolf might have been good but honestly we got a bit lucky with both the erindalc faux-kill and an early Yoma death. When the town nearly lynched me I genuinely thought it was gg. Balance was actually a lot better than most games with several power actions. The role info does need cleaning up for what I definitely hope is another run.

So...how on earth did spanx snipe the Yoma so early...?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Why on earth do villagers all have neutral-style survive win conditions and the wolves don't? I'm just realizing now that killed townies can't win, that's a bit...silly considering town can't prevent themselves from dying. Oh well I consider it a win regardless.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Also, I don't like the alternatively named villagers. It makes it much harder for a wolf to slip by a rolecall, which is good for the village but very bad for the wolves. If a rolecall is called in that sort of situation, and you claim the wrong villager type, you're dead purely on RNG.
Why on earth do villagers all have neutral-style survive win conditions and the wolves don't? I'm just realizing now that killed townies can't win, that's a bit...silly considering town can't prevent themselves from dying. Oh well I consider it a win regardless.
Like me, dying night one? There's nothing I can do to stop that. I mean I would understand lynched villagers losing, but not wolf/yoma killed. I mean what's a baker to do when the wolves come knocking? Offer them some cookies and hope they don't eat my face for desert?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Technically the town players all won. The roles listed under "winning" above all survived until the end of the game. I should have called it "Survivors"

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Good game all!

There was a ton of discussion going around, especially during the first few days. The town played this one very well.

Game design poll: Do simple-ish games (less roles, less complexity) promote discussion more than complex ones? Justify your answer. Contextual evidence. Worth 10% of the final grade.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I find games with less emphasis on powers means people chatter more. Otherwise peeps tend to sit back and wait for powers to win the game one way or the other.

Some ppl of course just don't like vanillagers, but you can't please everyone.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I find games with less emphasis on powers means people chatter more. Otherwise peeps tend to sit back and wait for powers to win the game one way or the other.

Some ppl of course just don't like vanillagers, but you can't please everyone.
A wild Trials of Murder appeared on the signup list!

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Love you guys <3
I remember last time I played a jester role I failed to behave wolfy at all.

Last edited: