Yomawolf (WW Game Thread)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Love you guys <3
I remember last time I played a jester role I failed to behave wolfy at all.
ljfa, I'm curious, what was your strategy here? I got the impression you kinda sat on the fence between tanner and town but didn't commit to either one. (as far as I know you didn't try to network with any proven town)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
ljfa, I'm curious, what was your strategy here? I got the impression you kinda sat on the fence between tanner and town but didn't commit to either one. (as far as I know you didn't try to network with any proven town)
I was basically playing as if I were neutral. And yeah, I sent a message to the wolves, offering them to jump on a bandwagon against me.
In the beginning I was unaware that I can also win with the town

Reactions: Pyure

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I didn't get lynched? Huh. Even if I hadn't dragged Pyure off a cliff, I'd have had to lie low for at least three or four days, which certainly would've given you guys enough time to lynch me, even if I wasn't 100% proven (at least to Pyure) by Lens's death (assuming what Pyure said about Lens saying he'd try to drink my blood is true).

In response to the point that feigning a serious illness as a stunt to garner ill-deserved town points in a game of Werewolf constitutes a substantial amount of D-baggery: I wholeheartedly agree. But I do have a serious illness. Not cancer (thankfully), but aplastic anemia, which the doctor made sound almost as bad. Basically, my immune system (or something?) went suicidal and almost completely destroyed my bone marrow- that is, the stuff that makes blood cells. I'm back at home now, waiting for the docs to see if they can figure out what caused all this and when, and how best to fix it.
(sounds like a good excuse to make one of those badly belated Introduction posts... heh.)

Anyhow, you liars were trying to make me cave in saying that all the roles (even the one I claimed!) were taken, even though they weren't. Good game. At least I went down in style. ;)

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I didn't get lynched? Huh. Even if I hadn't dragged Pyure off a cliff, I'd have had to lie low for at least three or four days, which certainly would've given you guys enough time to lynch me, even if I wasn't 100% proven (at least to Pyure) by Lens's death (assuming what Pyure said about Lens saying he'd try to drink my blood is true).

In response to the point that feigning a serious illness as a stunt to garner ill-deserved town points in a game of Werewolf constitutes a substantial amount of D-baggery: I wholeheartedly agree. But I do have a serious illness. Not cancer (thankfully), but aplastic anemia, which the doctor made sound almost as bad. Basically, my immune system (or something?) went suicidal and almost completely destroyed my bone marrow- that is, the stuff that makes blood cells. I'm back at home now, waiting for the docs to see if they can figure out what caused all this and when, and how best to fix it.
(sounds like a good excuse to make one of those badly belated Introduction posts... heh.)

Anyhow, you liars were trying to make me cave in saying that all the roles (even the one I claimed!) were taken, even though they weren't. Good game. At least I went down in style. ;)
Aplastic anemia? Are you going to be okay?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I was genuinely pretty stumped. I *thought* it was your or ljfa, but I couldn't get confirmation, and then rjs started considering sgbros because sgbros wasnt working with the town at all.

The lens/blood thing was a lie. I think lenscas tried to drink sora's blood, but sora died that night.

Indeed :p I was trying every trick in the book at that point...

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Aplastic anemia? Are you going to be okay?
I hope so. It sounds scary (and it is- I'm glad my folks took me to the hospital before I passed out in a lecture hall somewhere), but for the moment I'm living off other peoples' blood and it's under control. Won't work long-term, of course, but we'll figure that out next week.

Donate blood, peeps. There's people who need it.

I was genuinely pretty stumped. I *thought* it was your or ljfa, but I couldn't get confirmation, and then rjs started considering sgbros because sgbros wasnt working with the town at all.

The lens/blood thing was a lie. I think lenscas tried to drink sora's blood, but sora died that night.

Indeed :p I was trying every trick in the book at that point...
I had started to think Eru had done something stupid and given some people multiple roles or something and not told anyone about it. You're a convincing liar, you ninja pirate mushroom you. I'll have to remember that next time you or I are in a tight spot.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I hope so. It sounds scary (and it is- I'm glad my folks took me to the hospital before I passed out in a lecture hall somewhere), but for the moment I'm living off other peoples' blood and it's under control. Won't work long-term, of course, but we'll figure that out next week.

I hope you get better soon.

Reactions: Someone Else 37

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, you, blood mages, we all need it. I wish you well on your recovery!
I had started to think Eru had done something stupid and given some people multiple roles or something and not told anyone about it. You're a convincing liar, you ninja pirate mushroom you. I'll have to remember that next time you or I are in a tight spot.
Hey now, a teensy bit of faith would be nice. :p

Reactions: Someone Else 37

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

To be clear, I wasn't accusing you of lying about your condition, just stating the fact that if someone does do that they're a total douchebag.

And there's actually a term for the immune system "going suicidal": Autoimmune. The immune system goes whack and attacks the wrong thing, which can cause a whole plethora of issues. You learn something every day watching netflix. Though seriously, I hope the root cause isn't too serious.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Watching House?
You learn a lot of random shit watching netflix. Like don't flush pills down the toilet. The gel caps are designed to dissolve in the stomach not in water. They can stay down there for weeks before dissolving. Learned that from Leverage.

Though your random netflix knowledge should not be put to use without googling it first and confirming the facts yourself.
You can't tell from his post, but goreae misdiagnosed it seven times and physically abused multiple patients before arriving at his conclusion. /s
I also emotionally abused the underlings who actually do all the work and made them feel inferior and idiotic. That's an entirely vital part in the process.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
You learn a lot of random shit watching netflix. Like don't flush pills down the toilet. The gel caps are designed to dissolve in the stomach not in water. They can stay down there for weeks before dissolving. Learned that from Leverage.

Though your random netflix knowledge should not be put to use without googling it first and confirming the facts yourself.

Yes that it is definitely true. Although I've gained some additional first aid knowledge by watching what the doctors do in the event of X and I've given it a bit of research as well. It's been helpful irl at times.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'll never know how long SO37 would have held out. RJS talked me outta lynching him the first time, he prolly would succeeded in the next day too.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I was convinced there way only one tanner...

In all fairness though, we were operating under the assumption of two more wolves, so we had waaaay more breathing room than we thought.