Yogscast on FTB

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that really made me curious, and snickering about it, was hos Sjin in his first video, described how all the pipes turned into blocks of sand. I'm wondering, how on earth did you do that? I'm sure it's something about the coding and compatibility issues but still, pipes into sand? That's funny.
ISRAPHEL IS COMING! Seriously though, it does seem a bit odd. Sure IDs are different, but why would pipes be using vanilla sand IDs?
Anyway, my favourite Yogscast FTB series so far is Feed the World. I just really like the style Sjin is using.
One last point, someone should tell the Yogscast that Thaumcraft can generate its stuff in existing chunks! They are ALL moving just to get the Thaumic world gen.

0NightHawk0

Jul 29, 2019
I was not trolling. I was defending one of my Technic pals. I'm sure you would do the same if it happened to slowpoke. I'm fine with being banned. Not my forums.
However I will not be the one to get one of your threads locked so unless provoked I will stop now.

Honestly? No I would not defend someone just like that over something nonsensical, unless it was a friend and they actually go around insulting said friend for their choice in what they like or dislike. I personally don't give a damn about the ragewar between FTB and Tekkit, you play what you like and that's it, there's no need to create great discussions and arguments about one being better then the other or whatever people argue about between the two mod packs.

ISRAPHEL IS COMING! Seriously though, it does seem a bit odd. Sure IDs are different, but why would pipes be using vanilla sand IDs?
Anyway, my favourite Yogscast FTB series so far is Feed the World. I just really like the style Sjin is using.
One last point, someone should tell the Yogscast that Thaumcraft can generate its stuff in existing chunks! They are ALL moving just to get the Thaumic world gen.

.....I don't even think the Yogscast themselves considered Israphel as an explanation for why the pipes turned into sand...would be a fun idea though xD

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I meant the pointless rant. I know him, but still, lol.

One thing that bothers me about the Yogscast is that they do EVERYTHING EVER invid. Although, with them they're likely cheating if they're not.

Direwolf20 has a nice balance of Cutting and showing.
Direwolf20 drives me mad with his constant jump cuts. I had to stop watching. "I'll be right back when I'm done crafting this" *cut* "Oh and one more thing in case you didn't notice, I crafted this other thing earlier. okay I'll be right back when I'm done here." *cut* "Oh look at that guys, a wisp spawned." *cut* "Well I'm sorry to say it's the wrapping up point, we'll get to that crafting next time." *cut* *random footage that should have been earlier in the episode* *cut* "bye!"

I thought I remembered one of them mentioning Israphel...
One of them mentioned that the sand was an ill omen or something, and then another corrected the first and said that the sand was actually protection in that series...

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 drives me mad with his constant jump cuts. I had to stop watching. "I'll be right back when I'm done crafting this" *cut* "Oh and one more thing in case you didn't notice, I crafted this other thing earlier. okay I'll be right back when I'm done here." *cut* "Oh look at that guys, a wisp spawned." *cut* "Well I'm sorry to say it's the wrapping up point, we'll get to that crafting next time." *cut* *random footage that should have been earlier in the episode* *cut* "bye!"

One of them mentioned that the sand was an ill omen or something, and then another corrected the first and said that the sand was actually protection in that series...

I usually don't mind the cuts, tho his extreme use of "nice/ cool" for every. single. action. he does, THAT gets to me somewhat.

Reactions: Mooseman9

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
I usually don't mind the cuts, tho his extreme use of "nice/ cool" for every. single. action. he does, THAT gets to me somewhat.
Yeah hehe, that annoys me too a bit. And it seems like he's always in a hurry, I don't know if it's because he's too familiar with the mods or not but he's like a race car...

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
And where might that be?

Read my post, I dont care enough to do your research for you, go find it yourself. Its been linked many times, and if you really think FTB would charge someone to promote their mod you are out of touch.

You are trolling this thread and your dislike for FTB is obvious, its sad. Green posted some interesting thoughts, and the mods over reacted and now you are riding the wave of righteousness, taking the butthurt fanboi stance to make yourself seem more intelligent and to rise an argument.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I really miss the first days of Tekkit videos, where they were finding out what is doing what. I hope in FTB they will start similiar.
In my opinion Yogs aren't making vids because of they want others to learn, but for whole entertainment, and that's what they are really good at.

Mobott

Jul 29, 2019
I really miss the first days of Tekkit videos, where they were finding out what is doing what. I hope in FTB they will start similiar.
In my opinion Yogs aren't making vids because of they want others to learn, but for whole entertainment, and that's what they are really good at.

Yes, but it would be nice if they at least did a basic level of research...

Reactions: kolikooo1

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 drives me mad with his constant jump cuts. I had to stop watching. "I'll be right back when I'm done crafting this" *cut* "Oh and one more thing in case you didn't notice, I crafted this other thing earlier. okay I'll be right back when I'm done here." *cut* "Oh look at that guys, a wisp spawned." *cut* "Well I'm sorry to say it's the wrapping up point, we'll get to that crafting next time." *cut* *random footage that should have been earlier in the episode* *cut* "bye!" "taaaaaake it easy!"
fixed.

Well, sorta, I don't agree with your distaste for DW but yeah that's not the topic here.

Reactions: Mooseman9

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Well from my viewpoint the main channel is going to be a lot of teleporting around as well as more cluelessness. In a way I am very happy Simon is not there as it would be a whole lot more random. That being said Duncan having no clue how MPS works is funny. They were all way to use to having it easy with EE2 due to it giving them extended creative mode.

Nothing more can be said at this point as only a handful of them started. Nilsey is in some random room that someone made with a command block in it. Sjin has his farm slowly starting, which looks to be a pipe nightmare. The main channel is going to be random humour as normal. That is it. Tekkit Rebirth is going to changes Tee into a horse, no wait wrong game.

canilsen

Jul 29, 2019
Still, I have pointed out indisputable facts and nothing more. Am I biased? Yes. That's unavoidable. Am I saying that FTB is a Nut? No. I am pointing out facts that the mods like to cover up. The fact that they think Green is threatening enough to hid his posts shows that what he said is likely 100% True.
I reported his post because it was filled with his usual bias towards forgecraft and ftb. Many readers here now know greenwolf as "that guy who allways try to stirr up more drama". Just look at the ftb 2.0 thread, that was some funny shit.

Also, it's kinda funny that you made that point about covering up posts. You know, with slowpoke being banned from technic forums and threads being deleted.

EDIT: this tweet from greenwolf is amazing, knowing how vocal he has been about modders who doesn't give everyone permissions: "Do to recent actions by the FTB forums moderators and FTB team members, all permissions for MageCraft are denied to FTB modpacks."

Status
Not open for further replies.