XyCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
From what I could hear in his stream, the animations of this mod demand far less from a computer than the "usual" way of IC2 for example.

But I kind of agree, it should disable the block animations when minecraft is on fast.

Reactions: Ughzug

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
Additions to my already existing suggestions:

6. Light absorber
Like a standard coal-generator, but it absorbs light from glowing substances (Glowstone blocks/dust, redstone dust, Xychorium, neither lava nor torches due to balancing too high temperature).

7. Solar powerplant
Being highly unefficient just placed somewhere outside, this thing starts rocking when you build bundling lenses above and/or mirrors around, so it can bundle more solar energy, and at the highest levels maybe even starlight, concentrating it into Xynergy pulses (or whatever you are going to call them).
However, due to thermal attrition and ultraviolet radiation, the structures inside may get inert over the time, so the core unit needs to get repaired/replaced and you might want to wipe the lenses and reflectors.
If you want to get really complex, add modular cooling systems for the core and superreflectors/absorbers.

8. Nanites
Oh my, this is going to be complex....
Created in fleets from crystals with carved-in microcircuits and Xychorium, these little things are easily ingestible if applied to some kind of food and modify different attributes, for example act as internal armor, concentrate in Steve's right hand so his punches get more power, act as additional erythrocytes to increase his sprinting speed, or just swim around in his veins, cleansing him from poison, depending on their programming and tools.
The lower tiers might be kind of dangerous, ocassionally harming their host when one of them crashes into an organ or shortening all potion effects, at higher tiers they might get more intelligent and, of course, more powerfull.
Of course they need power, wich is drained from ZPMs (would sure look nice if placeable btw) in the inventory, and if you want to get rid of them, activate a magnet to get them all out via your oral mucosa (might hurt a bit?).
There might also be some to be applied to animals and mobs, maybe some containing a retrovirus replacing the hosts DNA with some other, increasing their circulation for more resource output, or just apply mindcontrol to make friends with creepers and endermen. However, since these guys do not eat that much, you might need to apply them to some special tool with a special module...

9. Meant-to-be lightshow (come on, you know this had to come earlier or later :D )
Yeah, not that much of an use, but you might also have wished for some kind of visual effects when playing your musicdiscs, maybe even in special patterns according to the disk played nearby. Eventually the mirror balls and spotlights are even manually programmable for colors and movements.

10. Pulverizers/Dissolvers
Covering the whole spectrum from sonic sound over magnetic waves to gravitational pulses for the pulverizers and leach, (sulphuric maybe?) acid and nanite-emulsion for the dissolvers, there are more than enough ways to upgrade those, whereas the higher the tier the higher the chance of doubling and, maybe, tripling and also finding something else in the ores.
The main differences between pulverizers an dissolvers is that first are easier to obtain and need power, maybe also create byproducts like cobble or gravel, whereas last use resources whilst being more efficient and only output pure minerals.

Even more to come I think.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
8.2 replicators^^
von Neumann machines. Illegal by Citadel law. Seriously guys, don't [EXPLETIVE REDACTED] with self-replicating nanites. For a good reason as to why, look no further than MystCraft's Decay blocks.
Nanotechnological machines are fine.
Self-replicating nanotechnological machines are not.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
From what I could hear in his stream, the animations of this mod demand far less from a computer than the "usual" way of IC2 for example.

But I kind of agree, it should disable the block animations when minecraft is on fast.

From what I heard as long as water animations don't lag your computer then the new blocks shouldn't either. The dev is trying to make it lag as little as possible.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
von Neumann machines. Illegal by Citadel law. Seriously guys, don't [EXPLETIVE REDACTED] with self-replicating nanites. For a good reason as to why, look no further than MystCraft's Decay blocks.
Nanotechnological machines are fine.
Self-replicating nanotechnological machines are not.
Sorry, that was intended as a joke, I don't really wish to have something like that lag my game more and more as time passes.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it is not like there are no possibilities to build replicators with these mods, they are just highly complex (ok, not THAT complex, frameship with quarry, autocrafters and deployers and you are good to go....).
But due to the use of a Zeropoint module, this gets kind of Stargate-ish flair, so why not add repicators as mobs and/or alternative to CC Turtles? Due to the impossibility to reproduce from using dirt and stone, as long you keep them away from caves and ores, they should be kind of harmless...

Mutabulis

Jul 29, 2019
could you make and upgrade to the power cores so when the pulse hits them it sets off redstone pulse?

Then you can set noteblocks by the power cores and a fun little song can play as the power travels down :)

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
could you make and upgrade to the power cores so when the pulse hits them it sets off redstone pulse? -snip-
Might be quite nice, even tough I would use this to control the energy usage rather than playing music, that is where GT comes in handy.

Next pack of ideas (you are all welcome to comment and refine them, just fyi)
(previous)

11. Plasmafication
Generate energy by applying a short pulse of energy, as a physics student, Soaryn might know how this works far better than me.

12. Luminescent paint
By the infusion of light Xychoridite (dust and/or solution, see idea 10) into liquid colors, they gain the abillity to glow like Xychoridite blocks, activating at a lightlevel of less than 5 maybe.

13. Aluminum dust
Fireworks, anyone?

14. Xrystaline starlamps
Since it seems easy to make the Xrystals sort in a star-like pattern, why not insert them in a bottle or so, place it on a table or the ground, give it energy and see the star glowing and slowly rotating

Fine, so Quartz it is now...

15. (Wearable) coils
By slowly draining energy from your coalcell or zeropoint module and letting it flow trough coils, you create a magnetic field, having effects depending on the used material and design. Whilst some of them will slowly turn your head to the nearest ore vein, others slow down or even repel mobs, some might even concentrate the energyfield in a way allowing you to phaseshift for a short time, making you invisible and maybe even add limited no-clip.
Of course, if you can wear it you can always put it down, even if you need to use puppets or scarecrows to position multiple coils in the wanted way.

Andrew2448

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, Andrew2448 here (Mr. PR and beta tester). Just wanted to let you know that XyCraft world SHOULD be in an update to the FTB modpack next week. I look forward to this first release of content, and I hope you do too!

Doormat

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, Andrew2448 here (Mr. PR and beta tester). Just wanted to let you know that XyCraft world SHOULD be in an update to the FTB modpack next week. I look forward to this first release of content, and I hope you do too!

Sweet.

I'm absolutely hanging out to try out XYCraft.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
It is only the world generation, not the actual mod, it is just so that you won't have to force the generation of new chunks once the actual mod comes out.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019

Are there any plans to roll out features in a similar way to this? Like roll out some features as they are completed and so on. Or is the plan to get the vast majority of the stuff in at the first release (I know you were talking about world gen there, I wanted to know if anything long those lines would be applied to the mod features).

Andrew2448

Jul 29, 2019
It is only the world generation, not the actual mod, it is just so that you won't have to force the generation of new chunks once the actual mod comes out.
Are there any plans to roll out features in a similar way to this? Like roll out some features as they are completed and so on. Or is the plan to get the vast majority of the stuff in at the first release (I know you were talking about world gen there, I wanted to know if anything long those lines would be applied to the mod features).
Will be worldgen only. Other mechanics to come later! (Yes that means the lasers are not in the first release, sorry!)

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
Will be worldgen only. Other mechanics to come later! (Yes that means the lasers are not in the first release, sorry!)

Works gen means the pretty blocks and stuff right? You give people pretty blocks and they will be happy for quite some time while the rest of the stuff is worked on. Just look how excited people for over sandstone stairs :D

darthbrick11

Jul 29, 2019
I saw you saying something about gauntlets. If possible, i'd like to be able to craft them with certain chestplates, (anything without sleeves basically) and have the tool nodifers affect my punches. This might be overpowered, however, since it's basically four or so tools that you cannot accidentally drop into lava by pressing q, and you still have the inventory space available most of the time.

d00d123

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to say everything I've seen/heard on direwolf20's channel sounds great! Keep up the great work, I'm sure when we get the mod it will be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.