XyCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I think, as far as performance is concerned, 1.5.x + Forge by and far outstrips other previous Minecraft versions, from what I've heard. Methinks tis mostly due to Forge fixing a lot of the more idiotic kludges Mojang refuses to correct, like running the graphics off the CPU, and sending the video card the entire texture library every tick. Yeah, without Forge, Minecraft's sending the texture library to your card some 20 times a second. Honestly, its kinda sad that we have to have mod authors fix glaring oversights made by the original designers while the original designers are wasting time dicking around with yet MORE god damned content. Screw performance, Minecraft needs horses! I love the game, but damn...Mojang gets on my freakin nerves, sometimes.

Okay, rant aside, that does mean that once we get an official 1.5+ modpack released, we should all notice a good performance boost. I tip my hat to cpw and the rest of the Forge team, they are gods among men.

Reactions: Vegoraptor

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
21288047.jpg

Eh, if only there were one with David Tennant shaking his fist, that would work better.

Kryptic

Jul 29, 2019
Getting closer to done!!!! :D
WOO hoO! :yahoo:
That has been what you been doing every time I hear you speak with direwolf. speaking of I actually want to join forgecraft one day if my Windows * Laptop stops lagging. Can't wait to play around with Xycraft again so keep up the coding and upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.