XyCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorch

Jul 29, 2019
Are you guys still going through with the release of the worldgen this week? Looking forward to that.

Keep up the good work on this awesome mod.

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
I can't wait to build an epic green and black jungle-tech-fortress-science-lab out of Xycraft blocks, basalt and Redpower emeralds (or should I say green sapphires). It's gonna be soo much cooler than my bog standard stone brick and wood warehouse I'm using at the minute. The spawn prevention of Xycraft blocks will make a great floor, no having to worry about mob spawns so one can use lights for purely aesthetic reasons. Not to mention the glowyness. I can actually live in an eerie evil fortress without any unwanted inhabitants, awesome! :)

Pinkishu

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some kind of good information source on this mod?
The wiki (which is said to be out-of-date) doesn't tell much.

I just see everyone hyping it yet I can't seem to find any more info on it than whats on the wiki, which doesn't sound all that great so far to me? Or did I just miss something xD

Oodahn

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some kind of good information source on this mod?
The wiki (which is said to be out-of-date) doesn't tell much.

I just see everyone hyping it yet I can't seem to find any more info on it than whats on the wiki, which doesn't sound all that great so far to me? Or did I just miss something xD
I agree, I'm kinda not understanding the point of this mod. How does it tie in to the other tech mods?

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
I think most people know about Xycraft from several different sources. Direwolf20 talks with soaryn here and there about various parts of the mod on DW's SMP LP season 3. Also soaryn streams here and there and sometimes he streams him self coding the mod which is another good way to learn about it as of right now. And I have heard somethings about it when slowpoke, tahg, mattabase, and others are streaming, sometimes soaryn is on TS with them and you get to here them talk shop about upcoming things in Xycraft.

Andrew2448

Jul 29, 2019
The real functionality of the mod will be coming in the machines expansion, we just wanted to get world gen in early and many people were requesting the glowy blocks be included as well for decoration and building reasons.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess Direwolf does a Spotlight on the mod if it is finished anyway. He could do a spotlight now... but it would not make much sense.

"Hello everybody this is Direwolf20 and today we will decorate our 9x9 with Xycraft-Blocks..."

It really would not make much sense. I guess... or more like I would like to see Soaryn giving small previews of new versions via stream, which would be cool, because I hope that he is the person who knows best how to inform people about the various possibilities that Xycraft will offer. He already showed some stuff in his stream and it look really nice. But for now it's just the worldgen and some pretty blocks.

Oh and it has popcorn!

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
Too bad it's for 1.4.5 so I can't start generating ore for my FTB world. XD
Nothing to do but be patient and wait for all the mods to update and whatnot.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
Fine, I bump back then, next set of ideas ahead.
(previous)

16. Surveillance
By adding cameras to your cores or even building something especially for this purpose and connecting it to a central reciever, you get, depending on level, a log-like list of who was near and did what, having a simple display (CCTV-style?) or even a hologram (see next).

17. Holograms
Either set up something like the BC Arcitect Table to print a landscape or building on a chip or create a holocam (see previous), and after this connect it to a holographic generator to create 3D pictures, either in realtime or as a static image. Higher tiers provide colors, zoom etc.

18. Modified gravity
Compress your materials down to get a hypermass, cage it and put it down somewhere to alter gravity in a limited area. depending on the adjustments done to the cage, it either reinforces gravity making it only possible to jump 3/4 of a block, or invert it to lower the gravitational force. Maybe it even pulls/repels items laying on the ground or completely turns gravity around, making it possible to walk on walls or the ceiling. Also avaiable in a mobile version, altering gravity just for you.

19. Reanimation device
Imagine you just finished mining, got a lot of luck this time, and are on your way back up, when suddenly a wild skeleton snipes you down. Unfortunately, you have absolutely no idea how to get back to your death point. But for your luck, you brought a reanimator with you, so you can just click "Revive" on the death screen, and you are back. At the moment you just have a simple one, only partially restoring your health and making you a bit nauseous for some seconds, but with the gatered resources you will create a better one, wich not only fully restores health, but also hunger and gives you a short period of regen.

14. v2 Piezo elements
By embedding the Quarz in something flexible and connecting it to the energynet, you can create power by walking and/or jumping on them, or even by placing animals on top of them.

lunarembrace

Jul 29, 2019
after seeing streams of the powergen setup, i must ask - any chance of an orbital (intended to be built high up) laser/weapons platform (command & conquer's ion cannon for example) being added? maybe set target markers on the ground, it shoots any moving target near the markers

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
That feel when no one seems to appreciate your work....
Seriously, I feel like having a monolouge on my suggestions.
Any additions or improvements? Maybe? Please?

Hippo

Jul 29, 2019
This might seem a bit odd, but on the private server I am currently playing, there is some strange stuff happening. Sulfur Goo keeps popping up on my floor every now and then. I can use it as normal, tho when I right click anything with it, it disappears from my inventory. Is this a feature or just random behavior?

2012-12-17_14.44.02.png

Status
Not open for further replies.