Xray for feedthebeast?

silentsmoker

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

does anyone happen to know if there is way to add xray mod to ftb modpacket? :)

I've searched but nothing i tried have worked :(

my version is ftb unleashed 1.1.3 and i think it uses minecraft 1.5.2.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
There is an x-ray block. I saw Direwolf20 demonstrate it, but I can't remember if it was on FC2 or a spotlight. You place it on the ground, and you can look through the top of the block and see all the way down through the ground to any caves below. Does anyone know what mod/block it was?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I wonder if competitive servers will ban it, as it is perfect for finding people's secret underground bases. Then again, it's just a shortcut for the fence/redstone or TNT piston techniqus.

Reactions: RedBoss

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
There is a "feature" of Engineer's Toolbox that allows you to see through the world. If you put a transparent facade like glass onto a socket then you can see through it.

Edit: Possible misinformation alert.
I got this behaviour in 1.5 when I tested it out ages ago. I have a feeling that it got fixed in 1.6

Last edited:

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone of you suggest an actual X-ray MOD?
Not just exploits/tools in the game :/

I want buttons to press to turn on the X-ray mod

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
You could probably create an X-Ray texture pack that makes all the blocks except for what you're looking for transparent.

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
You could probably create an X-Ray texture pack that makes all the blocks except for what you're looking for transparent.

That will only work where at least one face of a block is touching air. it will not work for ex. diamond surrounded by stone.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Sigh....

Do I have to create a new thread for my request?

The best thing would be a hack that works like a mod, which you have some kind of GUI which you can activate or deactivate on feel...
Is it really that hard to get such mod going? (okay, put the "do it yourself"-crap aside please)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Sigh....
Do I have to create a new thread for my request?
What makes you say that? It appears from what Celestialphoenix posted that you can't do X-Ray hacks with Forge. So your question has been answered - no there isn't a mod that does this. Also there seems little appetite for helping people to get X-Ray working as it can be used for cheating. I know, you aren't cheating, and I would quite like to have X-Ray myself, but there you go.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Why the hell do you need one? If you use it in SMP you deserve to have your Minecraft account deleted and if its for SSP you could just start a LAN server and through MCPC+ and WorldEdit on.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
2. Be polite do not use obscenities or engage in name-calling.
Why the hell do you need one? If you use it in SMP you deserve to have your Minecraft account deleted and if its for SSP you could just start a LAN server and through MCPC+ and WorldEdit on.

Can people FUCKING stop judging people using hacks ON SSP?
Mind your own fucking business instead,
As I already told I will only use it on SSP, I dont even have a multiplayer server to play on

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Can people FUCKING stop judging people using hacks ON SSP?
Mind your own fucking business instead,
As I already told I will only use it on SSP, I dont even have a multiplayer server to play on

you can't blame him for reacting that way, seeing as that mod that you posted is actually posted on a game hacking forum.
on that note, that mod is actually aimed at bypassing other mods to gain unfair advantages over others. it's not surprising you do not get much help with finding a similar mod like that.
there are some ways to get a X-Ray function with mods, but if you're really stuck on using a mod like you mentioned, it might be better you discuss this on that forum instead of this one, because this one will not support mods like that.