XP and Power farm!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
stackable, placeable lava/water

I'll give you that. Of course stackable liquids are also possible via tanks, cans, capsules, ice, and the such as they are stackable. Just not directly.

I just find over all the whole Fab thing a huge waste of power and when combined with some of the always on unlimited power systems possible in the mod just ends up being way to much of a build this and now your in easy mode.

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
I used this setup but with zombie pigmen, shove a diamond pipe and packager on it, bingo, free gold bars, everything else is voided. And with minium shards if you're on dw20, you can transmute those into diamonds and iron.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I'll give you that. Of course stackable liquids are also possible via tanks, cans, capsules, ice, and the such as they are stackable. Just not directly.

I just find over all the whole Fab thing a huge waste of power and when combined with some of the always on unlimited power systems possible in the mod just ends up being way to much of a build this and now your in easy mode.

At a certain point, you can only manually look for diamonds so long before you decide you want to go up the technological scale. With GregTech, it takes a whole lot longer, at least.

Besides that, though, geothermal power can easily give you the same level of abusively high power with a great deal less setup cost versus always-on "unlimited" power systems, and it can be made extremely early. And you can beat Myst in, what, five minutes. If you aim to win the game, then play to win. If you want to enjoy the game, figure out a nice superproject to make, and then build stuff around that (case in point, your ship).

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
At a certain point, you can only manually look for diamonds so long before you decide you want to go up the technological scale. With GregTech, it takes a whole lot longer, at least.

Besides that, though, geothermal power can easily give you the same level of abusively high power with a great deal less setup cost versus always-on "unlimited" power systems, and it can be made extremely early. And you can beat Myst in, what, five minutes. If you aim to win the game, then play to win. If you want to enjoy the game, figure out a nice superproject to make, and then build stuff around that (case in point, your ship).

There are many other ways to get diamonds out side of UU mater. There is no 'win the game' in a sandbox. The point is there are many other ways many not even manually to get a vast amount of what ever you need without resorting to the creative mode that is UU mater or EE or Myst.

Personally I find the more complex solutions fun as it requires more thought and planing then wait for x amount of UU mater and craft STUFF. Also I am always amused at how a large number of people make the race to mater fab their primary goal in any GT Mod pack. And once your there now what? You have little reason to ever leave your base again all you need is time as once you have some sort of power system and scrape creation that does not require input you got all the everything you will ever need.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
There are many other ways to get diamonds out side of UU mater.

I'm sorry, but what I meant was a reference to the grind found in vanilla MineCraft to obtain enough diamonds for armor and tools. In contrast, a single quarry will likely supply you with enough diamonds that you'd have to have drain bamage to waste UU matter on them.

There is no 'win the game' in a sandbox.

Sure there is. You win the game when you defeat the ender dragon. And you double win the game when you defeat the wither. And you REALLY win the game when you've made all of the items you care to make, and are bored on playing.

The point is there are many other ways many not even manually to get a vast amount of what ever you need without resorting to the creative mode that is UU mater or EE or Myst.

I could not see linking UU matter to EE, or to Myst.

• EE gives you the ability to change most types of items into other types of items at a specific conversion rate. In single player, that is really useful. On a server, it isn't usually as useful and can be easily abused when you should be using the economy to deal with that.
  • UU matter is required to produce a few things, and it is also a good way to get things that are otherwise hard to get. Using GregTech, UU matter is pretty hard to get as well.
  • MystCraft, especially the latest revision, gives you a way to get lots of resources if you are willing to work for it. The redesign is a good deal more balanced in some ways, less in others, but still a good tool to keep the overworld clean of massive holes.

Personally I find the more complex solutions fun as it requires more thought and planing then wait for x amount of UU mater and craft STUFF.

Make a quarry, move it when it is done, repeat? Breed bees which take forever to make iridium? Mine the end, which is fun and a better way to make iridium, but is best done with a frameship?

Yes, those are all good ways, although I wouldn't call the first more fun that UU matter.

Also I am always amused at how a large number of people make the race to mater fab their primary goal in any GT Mod pack.

My primary goal was a race to the macerator, which it is in any IC2 pack, but three diamond caught me off guard. If only I knew about the TE machines that could have helped!

And once your there now what?

Make more UU matter by making more ways to make more UU matter. Then start making higher-tier stuff, and get onto exploring the end with a frameship, then finish my Twilight Forest maze spawn farm. Maybe try and make a wither skeleton farm before the soul shard update to get some wither skulls. And then start working on my sky castle as I'll have enough UU matter to start making iridium reinforced stone.

You have little reason to ever leave your base again all you need is time as once you have some sort of power system and scrape creation that does not require input you got all the everything you will ever need.

You are correct, although the amount of time needed to get to that point is NOT trivial at all. But if it is your ONLY goal, yes, you are going to have an experience that is not anywhere near what I'd like. I only set up my mattfab because I filled up my solar platform with advanced panels, and I wanted to make sure to have enough power on hand for my fusion reactors. The fact that I didn't have a reason to need a fusion reactor at the time, but was still planning on building one should just go to show how I play/think.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, DRH1469, although this is a fairly well known source of energy. Blaze rods were also "nerfed" in the last update, so you are better off with wither skeletons for coal, or a Steve's Cart tree farm. But either way, it's nice watching blazes die! Perhaps not hearing them, though.

Not true. Railcraft reduced Blaze Rod effectiveness for boilers only. The change in EU generation in generators is unchanged.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Not true. Railcraft reduced Blaze Rod effectiveness for boilers only. The change in EU generation in generators is unchanged.

Indeed, as was mentioned a few times after that post in correction, and then confirmed as well. In the future, please read the ENTIRE thread before replying please. Thanks!