(Xeno's Reliquary) It's back for 1.6!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheMike

Jul 29, 2019
An actual forum thread with preview, explanation of items, changelog would be much better than just a get hub. Get hubs don't give much credit to making a mood look proper. And more likely to be placed in consideration for packs like FTB.

Starting with 1.2, the Christmas Update, I'll be using my own MCF thread. Until I had some new stuff added, I didn't want to make my own thread with exactly the same stuff as x3n0's version, because to me that is pointless.
Also, Github isn't meant to replace a forum thread, it's a place to host code.

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
Great, I'm losing track of time. The "Christmas Update" is coming on Christmas Eve/Day, right? And you will be posting the link to the MCF thread here, right?

TheMike

Jul 29, 2019
The Christmas Update is coming Christmas Day night, and will be posted to MCF. It'll be 1.6.4-1.2b1, since there are some bugs that can't be solved until MC 1.7.x (if you play with it on a server with Thermal Expansion or XACT, you might want to disable the Tome of Alkahest. It causes a dupe bug. This will be fixed in later versions.)

TheMike

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to repeat here what I said on MCF.

'Okay, a few things on the Christmas Update. Well, I hit a little snag. Due to how ICraftingHandler's work, mods with crafting tables (i.e. Thermal Expansion and XACT) are unable to call them bug-free, so they usually don't. This presents a problem for the Tome of Alkahest, since it's functionality relies on ICraftingHandler, causing a dupe bug (which isn't good for something like FTB Monster, which this is included in). This won't be solvable until 1.7, when I can figure out an elegant solution (and will probably result in a Forge pull request).

Why don't I just let you disable the Tome, and release 1.2? The new Alkahestry system is the bulk of the update, and when you have to disable it, it's not even worth releasing. So, a few things WILL happen today.

Yes, I will create a new Minecraft Forum post. Yes, I will release a BETA build soon-ish, 1.2b1, which in no way will be bug-free, or suitable for long-term servers. I'll continue to add content (working on the Handgun overhaul x3n0 partially came up with). For the daring, try out the beta build, and report on the Github issue tracker. Everyone else, please stay on 1.1.1.

Merry christmas everyone!'

Anyway, new MCF post! http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2237899-v111-reliquary/

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Just incase anyone missed this: https://twitter.com/TheMike_MC/status/435542245270630400

Exciting things ahead!

this is going to be interesting

AGZJYBw.gif

Reactions: Ashzification

TheMike

Jul 29, 2019
This update finally fixes the long standing problem of not being able to fill the empty vial with a fluid transposer. Yay!

Yeah, about that. Small diversion. If you've already downloaded it, redownload. It's not that severe, I just accidentally made Water Vials transpose into themselves. Derp.
(and if you haven't downloaded yet, just do your normal thing.)