(Xeno's Reliquary) It's back for 1.6!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
It's polite to say thank you, but I would say that asking for permission when permission has already been explicitly granted is actually a bit rude. It's wasting someone's time, implying that they have an obligation to reply that they have taken steps to avoid. If someone posted on their web site and official forum thread "You can use this in a mod pack", would you still ask them if you could use it in a mod pack? Same thing.
The first to ask is never a waste of time because there are people out there who don't understand what the legal jargon means.
Asking once, in a public location can provide an easy place for people to get a quick answer.
Now, if people continue to ask after it's been explicitly asked and answered, then that's a waste of time.

Reactions: rhn

malianx

Jul 29, 2019
The first to ask is never a waste of time because there are people out there who don't understand what the legal jargon means.
Asking once, in a public location can provide an easy place for people to get a quick answer.
Now, if people continue to ask after it's been explicitly asked and answered, then that's a waste of time.

You missed his point. Some of these devs already have enough information (like a link to CC or a statement of Openess) specifically so they don't get bothered. You ask once, I ask once, a thousand people ask -once- and it becomes a serious annoyance and waste of time for the author.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
You missed his point. Some of these devs already have enough information (like a link to CC or a statement of Openess) specifically so they don't get bothered. You ask once, I ask once, a thousand people ask -once- and it becomes a serious annoyance and waste of time for the author.
I didn't miss his point. If you post legal jargon that people don't understand, they're most certainly going to ask. Why? Because they don't understand what the rest of it means.
Or, just write plain and simple "You can redistribute this mod".

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
It's fantastic that X3no gave you permission to continue this. I adored this mod. Great work! I'm going to wait till you drop 1.2. Thanks.

Reactions: Molten

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I noticed that you had removed the current Alkahest to make way for the new mechanics and I have to wonder, will you be teasing any of these changes, or are all of them code-side?

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, prop's to x3n0 as well for placeing the mod in capable hands, rather than letting the mod slide onto that list of great mods that are no more.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
It's fantastic that X3no gave you permission to continue this. I adored this mod. Great work! I'm going to wait till you drop 1.2. Thanks.
It's fantastic that X3no gave anyone and everyone permission to do this through an open source licence, and it's fantastic that TheMike took up that and helped the community. Thanks to both.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Why wait?
The swag is there and the swag is good, just installed it again and hadn't realised just how much I missed the fun stuff in Reliquary, I just hope the humor continues because seriously some of the tooltips (and Reliquary was the first mod to have them iirc) are funny as hell.

Reactions: PierceSG

TheMike

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I noticed that you had removed the current Alkahest to make way for the new mechanics and I have to wonder, will you be teasing any of these changes, or are all of them code-side?

They are not just code-side. They are actually in the repo now, so once I polish it up a bit I'll tweet some teasers (@TheMikeMC). Also, 1.2 in 8 days!

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
They are not just code-side. They are actually in the repo now, so once I polish it up a bit I'll tweet some teasers (@TheMikeMC). Also, 1.2 in 8 days!

Did a quick search on Twitter, and I couldn't find that handle. If possible, could you provide a link here or somewhere on your profile page?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Just to quite some of the hopplah, this is one of my hidden additions to Monster and wil be in for the Open Beta. Most of the rest will remain a secret for now.

great to hear. I love using the Reliquary items and it's awesome to hear it'll be included in FTB packs again.

TheMike

Jul 29, 2019
Just to quite some of the hopplah, this is one of my hidden additions to Monster and wil be in for the Open Beta. Most of the rest will remain a secret for now.

Good to hear! For Monster, I'd personally wait until I drop update 1.2 (beta build only 6 days now!). I'm working some really useful tools for server admins.

TheMike

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh yeah, I almost forgot. Due to the generosity of the previous owner, I now own #reliquary on EsperNet! Feel free to join, but follow the rules (of both my channel and EsperNet) please.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I'm fairly new to the FTB forums, but recently due to x3n0 working (reason here, http://goo.gl/bC7271, along with confirmation), I now maintain development of Reliquary. With all the buzz about the new FTB 1.6.4 modpacks, I made a build (1.1.1, my versioning with his code being 1.0) that should be suitable for use in modpacks and servers. This is a small incremental update to prepare worlds for Reliquary 1.2, which should be out in about 15 days *hint hint*.

Anyway, enjoy! https://github.com/TrainerGuy22/Reliquary/releases/tag/1.1.1

(And if there are bugs, please report them on the Github bug tracker)

An actual forum thread with preview, explanation of items, changelog would be much better than just a get hub. Get hubs don't give much credit to making a mood look proper. And more likely to be placed in consideration for packs like FTB.