Not open for further replies.

DreamSpawn

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Launcher version (if this isn't the newest update and try again):
Minecraft Version:
Java version:
7 / 6
Detailed description of the issue / how can the issue be recreated:
if I just run the FTB launcher as it is my system runs it using Java 7 and the launcher seemingly can't connect to the internet and it just shows "please wait while mods are being loaded" (error log below)
If however i use a shortcut looking like this:
Target: "D:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -jar FTB_Launcher.jar
Start in: D:\Users\Mikkel\Downloads
everything works fine.
I'm Using Zone Alarm Firewall and I have checked the settings and there isn't anything I can find that should block java 7 from accessing the internet.
Error logs:
http://pastebin.com/x2vEjq2i

mfgamesys

Jul 29, 2019
ok for one just have one installation of java. It seems to be the problem is that java 6 can overwrite the pathing from my experience. Also i only have java 7 update 9 installed and everything works well for me

DreamSpawn

Jul 29, 2019
ok for one just have one installation of java.
So what do you suggest ? that I give up on using apps that require java 7 or do you suggest I give up minecraft ?
I have tried having only one version of java installed and it doesn't work
are you running Windows x64 ?

mfgamesys

Jul 29, 2019
No I am saying uninstall all java builds except java 7 update 9 and see what works and doesn't

Adamanthea

Jul 29, 2019
The ZoneAlarm firewall is not compatible with Java 7 (I had the same issue). You can either disable ZoneAlarm or switch to Java 6.

Edit: Should have read your post more carefully.

dafiremaster

Jul 29, 2019
People still use ZoneAlarm? Last time I used that was back on Windows 98. Anyways I thought that they lost a lot of their user base after the whole scareware fiasco.

DreamSpawn

Jul 29, 2019
The ZoneAlarm firewall is not compatible with Java 7 (I had the same issue). You can either disable ZoneAlarm or switch to Java 6.

Edit: Should have read your post more carefully.

Thank you Adamanthea - I think I'll just use java 6 for now and maybe look for another firewall program.

Myt

Jul 29, 2019
then u do something wrong .. btw nice errors .. hmm only thing i see is u miss a file in ur java folder try reinstalling 64x edi

Status
Not open for further replies.