Wuffle's FTB Beyond Adventures :)

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Well,

Here I am, with a few basic materials on a new world.

2017-06-17_00.33.28.png

So, build myself a windmill :)

2017-06-16_22.49.59.png

Enjoyed a SunSet.

2017-06-18_20.26.18.png

First few days, looking to build a new adventure, will post regular updates, I am useless at the whole YouTube thing, so will just post in this thread as I stumble my way forward.

I really need to find somewhere to sleep...

-Wuffle!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Very nice! :) I'm too far into my Beyond playthrough to start documenting it now, even though I'm still very early really - I'm looking forward to seeing what you get up to Wuffle!

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
@WuffleFluffy if you want the pictures to be bigger, consider uploading them to Imgur, then linking them to the post inside of spoiler tags, like this:

xDVVaro.png

Actual code to make that happens:

Code:
[spoiler]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xDVVaro.png[/IMG]
[/spoiler]

That way you can link full-sized pictures, but they're stored inside spoiler tags and users don't have to load them all at once.

Having said that, I really look forward to seeing how your world progresses! Good job so far!

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for positive feedback, here's an update on Wuffles Adventures since last episode.

First thing that is needed is a little home, and some basic resources to get things going. Have been fairly busy since last post so will just catch up here and keep it brief :)

When I mean basic, I mean basic.. my little camp is little more than a hole in the ground for my bed and a few chests, my grinder (for early ore doubling), some furnaces.. where I store up all the random bits I can find.

l5MllHJ.png

First thing is to build myself some blast bricks from 'immersive engineering', this needs just clay and sandstone, 27 of these gets a coke oven, In goes some coal, eventually I will get some coking coal and creosote oil, glass bottles are handy for storing this. This takes a while, so I like to get the coking coal going early on.

I've decided to go generate power with Immersive Engineering WindMill, powering a Kinetic dynamo into a basic 'LV' capacitor. Some Redstone, Iron, Lead and copper along with two treated planks (that's where creosote oil comes in!).

Discovered the engineers hammer from 'immersive engineering' can make plates which can be snipped with shears, completely by accident! Handy.. with these I make some LV wires, a couple of connectors and a relay, all from 'immersive engineering'.

Here's the setup all wired up :)

WxusDiw.png
tmtWNbc.png

Next, off to thermal expansion...Now it's in the mod pack I thought I'd get back into one of my favourite mods.

The usual Pulveriser, Redstone Furnace combo gets ore doubling going. A nice thing is the chance of other ores when pulverising things.

Made some more machines, an energetic infuser, Induction Smelter, an EnderIO Alloy Smelter and a SAG mill.

Here's my little base of machines so far. There's a reason I needed the EnterIO and SAG mill.

jbm2e8r.png

To wrap things up... I used these machines to get my jet pack!

The mod 'Simply JetPacks' has a wonderful item called the 'Conductive Iron Jetpack', which turns out is actually quite easy to make.

After a bit of crafting and fiddling (nearly depleting my ores in the process), I finally have my jetpack!

ACpWhFv.png

After that, used up the clay and gravel to make grout and put together a basic smeltery.

To wrap up this stage of Wuffle's journey so far.

> Got a basic home going
> Coke Oven is slowly making coke Coal
> Windmill is slowly making energy, feeding into a LV capacitor
> Ore doubling automated, since I am mining manually for now there's enough power for this
> JetPack is built

With resources, I can build most pre-Nether things.

Wuffles Next update, building a proper house and getting into some farming, moving out of my smelly cave.

-Wuffle!

P.S, I'll explain how I got the Slime Tree in the next post :)

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All,

When I left off a few days ago, I had my small base (a hole in the ground, with a bed and random chests and stuff), a bit of tinkers construct and a couple of the basic machines going with a nice little windmill and some capacitors from Immersive Engineering going.

Now, it's time to get some building happening, but I need materials.

I found this really interesting tool online that let's you design builds in Minecraft.. turns out I will be needing a LOT of stone for my beginning house, which I think really must be made of bricks, I like bricks, stone bricks, not the prettiest of things but sturdy, keeps those creepers from blowing it up and it's less likely to burn to the ground if I do something silly with a lava bucket.

Which brings me to my tools.. I've slowly worn my way through my iron tools.

Luckily we've got Tinkers Construct... after watching this rather interesting video
By a You Tuber called 'Mischief of Mice' I decided that I needed to make myself a nice big hammer, out of slime!

Off I go looking for a slime island, which is where slime's live apparently.

After a while I found one!

KmNYF53.png

Lucky I got that JetPack going... So I spent a bit of time chopping up slimes (or watching them fall off) and dig up the slimy dirt and mud, then I promptly fall off, lucky for that JetPack.

Turns out you can make slime crystals by mixing the blue and green congealed slime with dirt and sand, which makes 'slimy mud' that's either blue or green depending on the slime used.

Long story short.. according to that video I watched, a blue slime tough tool rod, combined with a hammer head made of green slime and two green slime plates gives you a rather cool hammer, so .. here it is.

wjnIBfk.png

This thing has over 3000 durability, but can only mine stone.

Turns out there's a handy little thing for boosting it's ability to mine things.

By adding an obsidian sharpening stone with some flint (I made the obsidian sharpening stone by chucking a bucket of water and lava into my smeltery - hint, empty them into the drain block, not the smeltery itself, I spent an age standing next to my smeltery scratching my head!).

jfM0myU.png
Here it is being poured into it's cast.

I combined this obsidian sharpening stone, a bit of flint and my new slimy hammer and now I've got something very handy indeed.

SdGWu4H.png

It can mine pretty much anything in the game and to repair it I can go whack some of those slimey things and use that to repair it, the tool has a ton of durability.

Now.. to go and start digging up some serious rock!

I'll repeat the process with making a pick out of the leftover bits of slime I have.

To sum up this evening's adventures, Wuffle has obtained some handy tools, delved into Tinkers construct and learned some new things, such as how to make obsidian with a Smeltery.

Next instalment, Wuffle builds his Brick house and moves in. :)

Need to have some farms planted too...

-Wuffle!

P.S I'm also going to see if I can find any diamonds.. and combine one with my hammer for more.. hammering. Just haven't found any diamonds yet...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Good stuff dude! :) I love the sharpening kit thing - it opens up many more materials for being viable to use, it's awesome! I quite like iron on a head, the magnetic ability is rather nice.

Fun things I discovered: prismarine, while expensive to make from Nether Quartz using a Actually Additions Atomic Reconstructor, makes a very helpful material to use in a TiCon excavator - the Aquadynamic (normal speed mining underwater) makes it super handy for getting clay from riverbeds!

Also, a new augment for the Thermal Expansion pulverizer allows you to use Tectonic Petrotheum to increase your yields. A guaranteed 3 diamonds out of a silk touched diamond ore (thanks again TiCon and its Silky Jewel modifier!) after throwing it through the augmented pulverizer is not to be sniffed at!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
If you have Botania, Prismarine becomes crazy cheap, since you can duplicate Nether Quartz using mana you can generate from charcoal. Basically infinite Nether Quartz and Prismarine as long as you can grow trees.
Ah, this is a good point! Though you do need a certain catalyst for duplication; I'm not sure how costly that was. But yes - it definitely helps!

I've yet to explore the possibilities of using endstone in handles, or end rods in arrows, but I believe it's pretty nice.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Wow some really awesome ideas here :) In previous incarnations, I always found trips to the Nether to dig up tons of Nether Quartz a real pain...

I'm going to investigate that method of making more Nether Quartz... :)

Definatley going to get into Botania at some stage, I want my build to have lots of nice gardens, greenhouses, enclosed courtyards etc.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Wuffle!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Wow some really awesome ideas here :) In previous incarnations, I always found trips to the Nether to dig up tons of Nether Quartz a real pain...

I'm going to investigate that method of making more Nether Quartz... :)

Definatley going to get into Botania at some stage, I want my build to have lots of nice gardens, greenhouses, enclosed courtyards etc.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Wuffle!
Glad we can help! :) the catalyst required for the duplicating Nether Quartz is the Conjuration Catalyst - needs livingrock, an alchemy catalyst, and some pixie dust and elementium - so you'll need to have made the Alfheim portal.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I've been busy last couple of evenings, I wanted to move away from the initial area I started at, somewhere I could happily build a nice place and begin working on some ideas.

Having previously dug out a LOT of cobblestone and chopped down a LOT of trees, I've now got the basic materials for my starter building.

Nothing too exotic for now, floating Pyramids with water gardens and teleports will have to remain just a fancy dream for now, today Wuffle builds his basic house, then puts things in it.

My setup zone is about 1000 - 1500 blocks away from my first base, a bit if a hike hauling all this stuff around!

Since I'm running a small community server (which I may advertise in the server section once I get my head around all that stuff) I thought I would initially claim four chunks on the FTB utils map.

I'm not one for flattening out large bits of terrain, I generally like the ebb and flow of the landscape, but this area has a lot of flat bits that will come in handy for farms and so forth.

I built a simple cobblestone fence around the perimeter of my zone.

pRvf3EA.png

The building is fairly basic, just a big rectangle for now, here's the build in a few steps.

8UPV44A.png

zoouuis.png

lpvwtWd.png

Here's a few from inside, Tinkers Construct gear moved into place along with Bibliocraft shelves appearing on the wall nearby. I quite like how the shaders light up the floor.

akZR53I.png

Wuffle has a separate room, with an Iron door. You never can tell when you need to hide from some dangerous things...

EbEjhv8.png

Lighting is from GlowStone I dug up from the Nether, in a 'VERY' quick 'in and back' trip I made.

The Slime Hammer is proving to be absolutely fantastic at digging up vast amounts of cobblestone and ore, I've even dug up some diamonds!

The big hill in the corner of my little base is going to get turned into a mine entrance, when I get into a few more inventions, i'm going to have my quarry (probably in some other dimension) dump ores into one of those railcraft things, and have a railcraft cart come in and out of the mine carrying ores off to get processed :) But.. that's going to have to wait for a bit.

Here's my front entrance.
oFVrrPg.png

Will have to eventually enhance the building and replace the torches, but function must over-rule style for now.

So not a huge update today, I've got my first proper building built, just a beginning. Still have to move the power and ore processing over, I'll probably put those into another building nearby, something industrial looking I think.

Time for a storage solution, all these chests are getting messy. I might look at Storage Drawers next, that's quite a handy solution.

Once I'm happy with my initial building, i'll lay out some nice farmland around it.

I saw a creeper skulking by ... luckily my wall will keep him out...

Till next time!

-Wuffle!

M

MikW

I suggest you use ArchitectureCraft (and maybe Chisels & Bits) for your house. Because right now your house looks too box-y in my opinion. But as always, it's your choice. Maybe do progression stuff first, then think about aesthetics later.

In my current DW20 1.10.2 world I made a hole in a wall (beside a huge bay with a LOT of gravel) and fill it with early game survival stuff, then I just bunch up some machines, TiC smeltery, and a sheep pen together in front of the hole, then I put together a wheat, potato, carrot, hemp, canola, nether wart , and a huge tree farm at the left side of the bay.

That crude 'base' doesn't look good in my eyes, so I decided to flatten out some ground and I made a 21×10 size stone box (that also looks bad). I added ArchitectureCraft in my pack and I made my bad-looking stone box to a cool looking industrial-futuristic bunker.

I think after I finish it I'll post it in this forum.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I suggest you use ArchitectureCraft (and maybe Chisels & Bits) for your house. Because right now your house looks too box-y in my opinion. But as always, it's your choice. Maybe do progression stuff first, then think about aesthetics later.

In my current DW20 1.10.2 world I made a hole in a wall (beside a huge bay with a LOT of gravel) and fill it with early game survival stuff, then I just bunch up some machines, TiC smeltery, and a sheep pen together in front of the hole, then I put together a wheat, potato, carrot, hemp, canola, nether wart , and a huge tree farm at the left side of the bay.

That crude 'base' doesn't look good in my eyes, so I decided to flatten out some ground and I made a 21×10 size stone box (that also looks bad). I added ArchitectureCraft in my pack and I made my bad-looking stone box to a cool looking industrial-futuristic bunker.

I think after I finish it I'll post it in this forum.
My problem is that I start building something thinking "I'll make this one look nice - aesthetics along with function", but what happens every time is this: I hit that wall where you need to build more machines to make the things you want to look nice, or to get enough resources to do so, and so on. So I put down more machines. And I'm too busy trying to improve functionality, I never end up building the aesthetic side! At the moment, I've got one fairly ok looking brick building where I made my first "workshed" for want of a better word, and a huge flat expanse out back where I've got a load of IE machines! I've replaced some of the floor under it with concrete, but not even much of that! I was going to make a proper engine house for my diesel generators, and refinery facility for my Immersive Petroleum stuff, but I've had to build a diesel gen already just to power the pumpjack in order to get the crude oil! :p

And I still haven't built a functional inventory sorting system yet, its all still in AA crates. Because I'm limited to about 2-3 hours a night, a few nights a week, I tend to want to use the time to get further. I've found that every time I've wanted to start something nicer looking, I've needed to do something else - like building an Assembler to make IE concrete, or gathering more wood to make a decent amount of treated wood for my warehouse.

I think you've made a good start there Wuffle! :) I'll be keeping an eye, for inspiration!

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Again :) Thanks for the kind feedback.

Well, Wuffle has been busy, I've been putting together my first building, which is deliberately basic and little more than a storage shed and power station. A roof of cobblestone completes it for now, my first wind mill is up on top making trickle power for early machines.

Not a huge update tonight, just slow steady workings.

SmSZifI.png

I am going to add more windmills on top of the building, the roof has a hollow space for cabling wires from Immersive Engineering. Once I have the materials I need, this building will be knocked down and replaced with something a lot nicer :)

Inside, I've added a wall to hide all the machine wiring loom.

HyGulmy.png

Behind the door, to the wiring room.

fP0YvmY.png

I tend to build a wall within a room and then use that space for pipes and power/wires and so forth with a utility door to enable access to them all, it hides all the messy workings.

There's a stair way leading up to a future second floor.

Next stage, getting the farms up and running, including a tree farm as my first proper building will use a lot of timber :) As well as Marble, Obsidian.. lots of things with interesting textures.

I'm experimenting with Architecture Craft (thanks for the suggestion!), in a few episodes Wuffle will start building things with it.

-Wuffle!

Reactions: Tianyulong and MikW

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I was hit quite hard with a bout of flu this week, so it's been a while since last post.

However, Wuffle still managed to get a few things done.

Firstly my first little house is done. It's basically just a staging area, one step up from a small hole in the ground and somewhere I can begin organising my resource gathering for the bigger builds to come.

SmSZifI.png

On the inside, I have put down my basic coke oven and furnace blocks to begin the slow process
of making steel.

UrEgYgH.png

Turning around, I also put in a dimension portal for access to a mining world, this is a very nice mod by
'Aroma1997'. I've not seen anything scary come OUT of the portal (yet), so am comfortable
with it in the house for now. My sleeping area is behind brick walls and internally separated by an iron door,
so should be reasonably secure.

aC65tAj.png

Now, the basics are largely done. Everything from my starting hovel has been moved, things are secured from
random spawning mobs. I just need to get inventory management going.

I want to get a tree farm going next, as I am going to need a lot of charcoal to lift my power generation from
the slow by steady wind power to something with a bit more... oomph.

To this end... I've decided to give Steve's carts a go!

dCa3VfY.png

I am building a standard cart with:
-Standard Hull
-Coal Engine
-Solar Engine
-Basic Wood Cutter (used nearly ALL of my diamonds!)
-Side storage boxes

sWXa1LK.png

Now, time to make some tracks, find out how to get things into and out of the cart and see how it goes planting and chopping down trees! There's a very good youtube video which I will link in my next post, which will be tomorrow night :)

-Wuffle!

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All,

I have been unwell for the last few weeks, what started out as a chest cold turned into a nasty bout of viral pneumonia, yuck :(

Will have more stuff up soon :) Still a bit weak and sleepy from all the medication (due to complications etc, no idea what half
of this stuff actually does, but am feeling MUCH better).

-Wuffle

Reactions: KingTriaxx