Wtf is this? o_o

Anhrak

Jul 29, 2019
2015-10-16_22.20.39.png

I encountered my altar like this. Wtf happened? How can I fix this?

Anhrak

Jul 29, 2019
I have shadow stains everywhere now. In the air, on the ground, help. How do I remove this.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Sometimes you can fix those lighting glitches by right-clicking somewhere within the glitched area with basically anything; empty hands or items without right-click actions are recommended because they won't break anything.

If that doesn't work, place (and then break) torches in or next to the dark spots. That'll trigger lighting updates for sure.

Alternatively, MCEdit has a feature where it'll automatically fix any and all lighting glitches whenever you save a world opened in it; however, it assumes all mod blocks to be opaque so all your mod glass, cables, and such will be dark; but everything else will be fine.

Anhrak

Jul 29, 2019
It didn't update any nearby/ajacent blocks, we had to literally place a block on EVERY. SINGLE. SPOT. even in the air.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
It didn't update any nearby/ajacent blocks, we had to literally place a block on EVERY. SINGLE. SPOT. even in the air.
Well, you could try opening the world in MCEdit (after closing out your client entirely), saving, and closing it again. Your cables, berry bushes, etc. will then be glitched in the same way (but hopefully more fixable); but vanilla blocks (including air) will be fine.

Anhrak

Jul 29, 2019
odd, because it was all the way in the air too. We managed to trace it all down and replace/remove it with cobble. This was the size of it.

2015-10-16_23.02.14.png

Anhrak

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. It suddenly is dark everywhere, and it doesn't seem like a lighting glitch because;
- It was visible for EVERYONE
- placing a block or updating a block didn't move everything away
- the game really registered EVERYTHING as dark, and mobs COULD spawn there regardless of day or night.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Yes. It suddenly is dark everywhere, and it doesn't seem like a lighting glitch because;
- It was visible for EVERYONE
- placing a block or updating a block didn't move everything away
- the game really registered EVERYTHING as dark, and mobs COULD spawn there regardless of day or night.
Gaseous tenebre (or however it's spelled), it should be removable with thaumic tinkerer.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk