Would you play a pack that has greg tech in it?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Would you play a pack that has greg tech in it?

• Yes(state why)

Votes: 42 65.6%
  • No(state why)

Votes: 22 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess I've had good luck then I found plenty of both ores going into chunks in the nether that were previously unexplored. a ticon hammer and just start walking and mining got me plenty

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Understood - I guess my point is (and why I used the words "what one might expect" instead of "what one should expect"), this sort of thing might happen. Sure, perhaps I was just "unlucky", but the fact is, my ore distribution did happen this way, and thus it can happen to anyone. Your point seems to be, "well, the opposite can happen too, and you can be swimming in tin, no problem". I agree with that. I suppose your experience shows the high end and mine shows the low end and most people's experience will be somewhere in between. Does that work? :)

Better than works; I erred exactly as you pointed out: I read "should" instead of "might". Apologies and thx for pointing it out.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess I've had good luck then I found plenty of both ores going into chunks in the nether that were previously unexplored. a ticon hammer and just start walking and mining got me plenty

So you got to the Nether before you got to the Bronze Age? It wouldn't surprise me, I often find myself doing a forehead slap and saying "Why didn't I think of that?" But it seems we're talking two different things here - I'm talking about starting a new world with the immediate goals to 1) find some coal, 2) find some copper and 3) find some tin. The goal of "get to the nether so I can mine stuff easy with my hammer" is about #100 on the list. For me anyways.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
So you got to the Nether before you got to the Bronze Age? It wouldn't surprise me, I often find myself doing a forehead slap and saying "Why didn't I think of that?" But it seems we're talking two different things here - I'm talking about starting a new world with the immediate goals to 1) find some coal, 2) find some copper and 3) find some tin. The goal of "get to the nether so I can mine stuff easy with my hammer" is about #100 on the list. For me anyways.
Actually already had a world gen then added gregtech. But wanted to see how it changed the oregen in new chunks.

Edit: yea we are talking about different things when resurrection gets released I will see how well I get lucky

retep998

NoLifeBunny
Wiki Staff
Dec 31, 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
Well I'll cut him some slack then because it's really not "plutonium" but some fantasy sci-fi thing. I'm okay with that. :)

"The word "Naquadah" was first used in the Stargate SG-1 episode "Singularity", without explanation of how or when the mineral was named. Logically, Teal'c introduced the mineral's name to humanity after defecting to the Tau'ri. It was mentioned as a powerful additive for an explosive, but not named, in the original Stargate movie."
Actually plutonium does spawn as an ore in GregTech... And on on the test server quite a few people found some, and then became heavily irradiated.
Anyway, for people who do love Naquadah, I've added asteroids to the end thereby making it practically infinite.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Still not done waypointing the 1000x1000 block area around my base, but at about 75% finished, I still only have two Cassiterite/Tin veins, and one of them is very very small (less than 100 blocks total). But I do have 28 (Twenty Eight!) Chalcopyrite veins discovered. LOL You can call it random if you want, or "unlucky", but there's something really wrong with GT ore distribution IMO. How can there be such a massive amount of Copper/Iron (Chalcopyrite deposits usually have some iron ores on the bottom layers) but literally no tin? I've also found seven graphite/diamond veins so far, so does that make diamond 3.5 times as common as tin in my world? I'm up to 15 Brown Limonite veins as well... so iron seems to be more plentiful than coal (11 deposits discovered). I know I'm probably beating this to death, but I'm having fun with analyzing the ore dist. Maybe at some point I'll actually quit and go back to playing Minecraft instead. LOL

On the flip side to Cassiterite... I haven't discovered one single Tetrahedrite deposit yet. So maybe that's the "balance"? Oh yeah, no plutonium or naquadah ores (yet) either. Maybe those don't spawn in the world, but in other dimensions? I forgot about the other dimensions like Galacticraft. Hopefully someday I can get that far in the pack and see.

Last edited: