World Diary (FTB Light)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Day 565
That's the outer sandstone shell of this monument in place. Monument to what? Truthfully I've no idea. I've been calling it the pyramid of geezer to myself, a bit of a joke that I'll be old before I'm ever properly done with it. Guess the joke is on me, working through the night I even got the outside properly torched. Course I've a few ideas about what blocks to use as decorations, a few stairs to smooth the outside maybe. Some more of the decoratively chiseled sandstone, perhaps. Lights. Something I've worked so hard to build should not have to be just lit with torches. Glowstone is getting slowly less rare and I've got enough gold that I can spend some in the production of more if things come close, but I honestly suspect I'd need far more of it then I have. If I make it into lumar I'll never recover it, but that will stretch further.

I'll think about it as I take down some of the hillsides. What point a monument if the hills and dunes prevent my work from being seen?

Day 570
I smoothed out the north side of the landscape, cut things back pretty far. I'm going to have to come through and exchange, block for block, quite a bit of this material for sand. I heard there was a faster way to do this step, so I'm leaving the materials as stone for now. I can always return once I get everything looking just right. I think I'll relax with a little time in a cave or two. I know I've heard zombies a few times while I was working, and cavern entrances do come right up through the sandstone sometimes.

Reactions: giesergast

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Day 587
Taken a bit of a break, there was once a river before the spreading sands invaded the jungle. Such things happen when it's slashed, burned, and left to animals to graze. The sands move in, with the creepers. From shore to shore the river flows now. I've shaped the rolling dunes so that the pyramid can be seen and my work shine. This leaves just a bit of work on the inside, a few machines, a few tanks, I've resources enough, perhaps it might even be time to see about steel.

Day 597
I'd found myself a nice little ravine network with some lava for latter harvest and a healthy quantity of redstone. I'd been collecting it when one of the other residents of the region took offence. Lava is a rather nasty sudden jolt, even with a jetpack. I'll be having to make a replacement for that, I'm sure, between the blast and the flames I don't expect anything left. On the other hand, an empty inventory is an invitation to do some work around the base. Strange how I always run into one hostile too many just when I start to build some experience.

Reactions: giesergast

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Day 616
With a long sigh, and a quick look around, my base really needs the work. Trouble is, any glass worth using takes lead to hold it together with a proper framework, and those pretty tiles all seem to be volcanic in origin. Not to mention that my watermills are all in the way. Only thing to do is to pull it all down, really. I'm writing this note as I'm in the middle of it. Just dragged myself out of a hole half full of ice, mostly to set up the machine to make more ice. I'm getting tired of pulling my base apart each time I want to work on something. Or perhaps I'm just getting tired of doing it all myself. Has to be some sort of magic to cover this process. Just keep having my research stalled. Seems the missing aspect comes from outside of this world. I'm rather reluctant to risk that, what if I end up some place worse?

Day 621
There's the generators done up proper. From the scrap I can sometimes refine a small measure of the strange and otherworldly. There was also deep in the lore, a small hint that the research could be done more efficiently with a bit of luck I will find one of the places that I can. It won't take me long to move my equipment down there to do the research that I need all at once. Course fetching the research materials down might be a few trips.