World Crashes then Deletes???!?!!?!?

maserati29

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday and Today, I have been having a lot of fun but also a lot of trouble with FTB. On the first world that i made, i was mining in a ravine and then the game crashed. I thought this was normal, but when i got back on to play again, my world was deleted. This happened to me a second time on another world i made in the Twilight forest. The game crashed, i opened it back up, and my world was deleted. Can someone please tell me how to get this fixed or what to do? I want to be able to make some progress in FTB but i can't if this keeps on happening to me, thanks!

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
If the world folder is still there in the /saves/ folder, then it's possible to recover the world, if at the loss of your inventory.

Here's the steps to follow:
1.Make a new world
2.Enter the world and leave
3.Go to your saves folder of that particular pack
4.Copy your level.dat FROM the new world TO the old world and replace it.
5.Delete the new world.

6.Enter the old one and go to Cheat Mode on NEI and give your items back.

Unfortunately, we don't know the cause of why this is happening. Do you happen to have the crash logs from these crashes? Anything to help us track this down would be great.

Reactions: Bagman817

maserati29

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I just downloaded this Mod Pack yesterday so i am very inexperienced with it, so i don't know if i will be able to find the things you have told me to do and i will try and find the crash logs. If i find them, should i put them in a reply form or...?

maserati29

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i will try! And can i ask you another question? *yes* Ok then haha, any ways, i have been watching TheSyndicateProject's Minecraft Project and noticed he had something called the Force Wrench. I looked in the Too Many Items search bar thingy and nothing with the key word "force" came up. Would you know why?[DOUBLEPOST=1392329235][/DOUBLEPOST]http://pastebin.com/TrwBgTzC
Heres the link to it, i think i did it... im not very good with this stuff XD Btw, thank you so much for your help, i really appreciate it!

Byte Templar

Jul 29, 2019
Force wrench is part of Dartcraft mod, its not in every modpack the FTB launcher has. Which modpack are you playing?

_gjkf_

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same issue with the DW20 1.0.12 mod pack . I have crashed the world after I placed the Arcane Reconstructor. It happened another time before, completely randomly...

Here's the crash: pastebin.com/wfV9L8Yc

I have added Sync, updated Open Blocks and Peripherals and Open Lib and updated iChun.

SenorColeTrain

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, the same problem happened to me. Actually, the DW20 pack has been crashing A LOT on me, but only a few of them actually remove the world from the list. The save files are still in the folder though...

Anyways, here is the crash log: http://pastebin.com/FHjG5YgB

Any help or explanations would be VERY much appreciated.

Edit: just to clarify it is the Direwolf20 pack version 1.0.14. I remember it happening in 1.0.12 but I didn't post about it anywhere. Also I installed RMB tweaks.

Last edited:

maserati29

Jul 29, 2019
The Version that i am playing is Direwolf20 (v..1.0.14) Minecraft Version 1.6.4. Any easy explanation on how to get my world back or how to fix this would be great! Thanks!

SenorColeTrain

Jul 29, 2019
What if i have an older backup of the same world? It's not recent, but it is a copy/paste of the save folder. Would that work? I may try it, actually. I'll edit this with my results.

Results: World is still there. The entirety of my "base" is still here. All i have to do is figure out what I am missing from my inventory. I could be wrong, but I believe ANY level.dat file would suffice. All it seems to do is hold your player stats, like your levels, health, hunger, inventory, xp, etc. so since you are already going to have to "give" yourself your stuff back, the particular level.dat seems unimportant. Again, I may be incorrect there, but that is how it appears to me.

Thoughts: Maybe it has to do with morph? I know there are a lot of things you can NOT do while in morph, sleeping being chief among them. I was a Zombie Pigman mining down the center of a ProjectRed volcano with a Tinker's Construct hammer when my world crashed. I don't know if ALL of my recent crashes have been with me in morph though, so it really is just a thought. I know there have been times where i was just walking towards something, like my ME Access Terminal when I crashed. Food for thought, I suppose.

Last edited:

_gjkf_

Jul 29, 2019
In the folder of the world that has crashed I can't find the level.dat, there are level.dat_old and level.dat_mcr[DOUBLEPOST=1392396531][/DOUBLEPOST]I've resolved it by just creating a new world with the same name and specifics. I think that mc found a folder called like the old crashed world so he loaded it. It works!!!

SenorColeTrain

Jul 29, 2019
The level.dat_old is (I believe) the game's self-made backup. You could have used that by removing the _old (I think. I didn't have the _old file to try it with.)

_gjkf_

Jul 29, 2019
The level.dat_old is (I believe) the game's self-made backup. You could have used that by removing the _old (I think. I didn't have the _old file to try it with.)

In the other saves folder there's the level.dat, so I don't really know what level.dat_old and level.dat_mcr are.

maserati29

Jul 29, 2019
For me the world has crashed without morphs. For example, the first time mine crashed and deleted was when i was mining in a ravine in a regular world and the second time it happened in the Twilight.

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
Line 2006/7
2014-02-13 17:00:48 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] /Users/michaelfiore/Desktop/ftb/Direwolf20_1_6_4/minecraft/mods/AM2_1.1.1c.zip!/am2/AMCore.class
2014-02-13 17:00:48 [INFO] [STDERR] java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

Look at the first line, why is the zip file followed by a "!" ? I don't use this modpack so I am unsure if this is on purpose, but seems this could cause an issue. (Just saw this and wanted to point it out)

SenorColeTrain

Jul 29, 2019
_gjkf_: I think level.dat_old is the previous level.dat (kind of like a back-up) but I have no idea what the level.dat_mcr file is for.
maserati29: I was just thinking on the forums about the morph thing. I wasn't really sure about it. It's good to know (well, sort of) that it isn't strictly a morph thing. I'm not really sure what's going on then.
kylemcqueen75: That definitely looks odd to me, too. Maybe it's just how it shows that it has to "open" the zip file? Or maybe it is part of the problem.

I'm just glad my world isn't COMPLETELY gone. All I have to do is replace my player inventory, which isn't super difficult. (I try to keep my inventory clear.) I just want a solution to this problem that doesn't involve me having to replace level.dat files. Or a fix to the actual problem would be nice. It doesn't happen on any other modpack. This is the only one I have ever had delete files. I've read in a couple of places that it is just bad timing on the world save/crash, but why the crash? I'm giving the game 4GB of RAM, does it need more? It doesn't appear to be using all of the 4, so I don't think so. I need someone more experienced to hop on here and chime in.