World anchor DW20 pack V4 fuel requirement

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
I set the fuel requirement to -1 in the config, but it still won't chunkload unless I insert ender pearls, is there a workaround for this?

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure about the world anchors, but the chunk loaders seem to work without fuel. I'm not sure if the world anchors perform some functionality that is different.

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
I have a couple of chunk loaders with 6 radious chunck loaded and there is no need for fuel. they will give you a lazer that marks the path that is currently loaded . I'm running a mindcrack server, but i guess DW20 have those same item mods.

cumpz

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
I have a couple of chunk loaders with 6 radious chunck loaded and there is no need for fuel. they will give you a lazer that marks the path that is currently loaded . I'm running a mindcrack server, but i guess DW20 have those same item mods.

cumpz

DW20 does have the Chunk Loaders, I think they are from ChickenChunks mod. I like them because of their customization options as far as shape and radius. The lasers also are a great tool for ensuring you have encompassed everything that you needed with chunk loading.

The only thing that I'm not sure of, which I'm sure I heard something about, was not all chunk loaders (i.e. world anchors, sentinels, chunk loader, etc) play nicely with Red Power frames. I don't know which do and which don't, that's why I mentioned the functionality aspect. I also think the Chunk Loaders will load in Mystcraft ages with server starts, while world anchors require someone to visit the age after a server restart before they will start working... I may be wrong, please don't quote me... =P

MavericK96

Jul 29, 2019
It seems there has been contention as to whether the ChickenChunks Chunk Loaders work properly with frames. Some people say they work fine, others say they don't...

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
It seems there has been contention as to whether the ChickenChunks Chunk Loaders work properly with frames. Some people say they work fine, others say they don't...

What doesn't work? I will have to test this out.. I replaced the World Anchor with Chunk Loader for I can only have 1 chunk loaded at a time with my quarry machine.. And it mines 1 chunk at a time.. Which is what the ChunkLoader excells at to reduce lag.. and server issues.

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
I have the world anchors placed very specifically for their radius. up until the last update they worked perfectly, but now the refuel setting doesn't seem to have any effect. my frame quarry has 3 chunkloaders onboard since it digs in different directions

I will try the chunk loader from chickenchunks, but I really hope it works well with my frame machines. would be a disaster otherwise

Azurl

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that chickenchunks chunkloader works perfectly on frames. and since the radius is configurable, I only need one in my base instead of 4 for my long piping system. good stuff

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the chunk loader mind you you cant put it on a cart like the anchor but I don't do much with carts.

I think what makes me love the chunkloader before I even knew about fuels (which I just learned about from you guys) was that it was configurable so I could set it to just what I need and it is redstone aware so I can turn it on and off as needed.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I used world anchors up until the point where I made my mystportal tank cart lava thingy... as it's a private server being ran off one of my friends PC's, he has to shut down the server at night, without chunk loaders, it would cause a crash on startup as my tank cart travels to an unloaded chunk.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I actually like the fuel mechanic. If someone leaves a server or becomes inactive for a long time, their bases unload after a while and stop straining the server. I would even reduce the maximum fuel amount to 3-4 days (8 days currently), and disable any form of automation for this reason.

Redstone-activated chunk loaders are useful for advanced machines: keep them active while the machines are processing stuff, when they're done turn the chunk loader off to save power. Is there any way to activate a chunk loader again? (How do you turn on something that's in an unloaded chunk?)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I actually like the fuel mechanic. If someone leaves a server or becomes inactive for a long time, their bases unload after a while and stop straining the server. I would even reduce the maximum fuel amount to 3-4 days (8 days currently), and disable any form of automation for this reason.

Redstone-activated chunk loaders are useful for advanced machines: keep them active while the machines are processing stuff, when they're done turn the chunk loader off to save power. Is there any way to activate a chunk loader again? (How do you turn on something that's in an unloaded chunk?)

Why yes there is I'm so happy you asked. You nest two so they over lap.

[1][1/2][2/1][2]
[1][1/2][2/1][2]
[1][1/2][2/1][2]

So here you go you plop down two loaders set to their default 3x3 area, you can of course tweak this to load less chunks but this is just to give you the idea how it works. So here they are in 1/2 and 2/1 colored red and green. they have overlapping ares so they keep each other loaded. If you turn 2/1 off it unload the 3 green [2] chunks. So you put all your stuff there you want to toggle on and off. You put your control/timing system in the shared chunks so they never unload.

Reactions: Abdiel

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Clever idea!

Based on that I realized a simpler approach: put a 1x1 loader in a chunk next to the one you want to control, and a 3x3 (or however big) next to it in the same chunk. Last put your control mechanism in the same chunk again. In the "off" state, only that single chunk will be loaded. When switched to "on", it will also load a larger area around it.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Clever idea!

Based on that I realized a simpler approach: put a 1x1 loader in a chunk next to the one you want to control, and a 3x3 (or however big) next to it in the same chunk. Last put your control mechanism in the same chunk again. In the "off" state, only that single chunk will be loaded. When switched to "on", it will also load a larger area around it.

You are correct and there is a cheaper chunkloader just for that called the spot loader. My above was as I said just something to show the basic idea. And By cheaper i mean over all. It does take a Chunkloader and 8 Enderpearls to make but your get 10 out of that.

Denaton

Jul 29, 2019
I had problem with Chunk loader and frame, but i think i know the problem and that is the Center of the loading area is to far from the frames so its out side, just bump up the radius to get it working again...

(Just saying if anyone else had the same problem)

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Chunkloaders used to not update the area they load when moved. But I think chickenbones already fixed that, so now both chunkloaders work perfectly fine on frames, before it was able to move the anchor outside the loaded area, since it always loaded the chunks around the spot it was placed, not the spot it actually was in.

If you set the fuel-usage to -1 the world anchor should not have a GUI and work just fine like it did before. If it still accepts fuel you did something wrong.

Toraxa

Jul 29, 2019
I set the fuel requirement to -1 in the config, but it still won't chunkload unless I insert ender pearls, is there a workaround for this?

My World Anchors don't even have GUIs when set to not need fuel. If you're able to put fuel in them still, it might not have worked when you tried to turn it off.

Mine work fine in the dw20 pack, both with fuel and without fuel required. I've got them keeping my overworld and nether loaded while I'm in mystcraft worlds.