Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Engine Blocks

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Ship Dock

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Was just looking at the ship your adding and was thinking three or five railcraft tanks inside to hold the oil would end up looking like the real oil tanker storage that has oil stored in several seperate bulkheads. Could always cheat a bit and pump some oil from another oil source to half or three quarter fill them.
These tanks also have valves and can be joined to make one large storage tank by using BC pipes across the deck of the ship. Real life oil tankers have quite a bit of pipe work on deck for equalising tanks etc.
Also, railcraft tanks can be dyed to whatever colour you wish. Well at least the steel ones can. Not sure about the iron ones. I tend to only use the steel tanks as they hold more per block. If your not familliar with these tanks they can also have glass viewing sides.

Arom123

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys! Sorry for the huge delay, i had a bunch of computer problems! Not to worry, I was able to preserve the oil rig save! Expect an update in the next few days.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
dunno bout you but every oil tanker I ever see (obv in the news/films etc, not real life) has always had a dark red paintjob, not black :p
great job nonetheless

Arom123

Jul 29, 2019
dunno bout you but every oil tanker I ever see (obv in the news/films etc, not real life) has always had a dark red paintjob, not black :p
great job nonetheless

haha good point. I dont think there are any good red building blocks though...

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
great job nonetheless

Google would disagree with you. You will notice not only is there Red or Black there is always Red and Black paint jobs. There is even some blue ones.

So yeah SOB Google and five second would have told you there is options for tanker color choice.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've noticed that if you look close, many of those tanker shots are stock footage, unless it's of an active spill.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that if you look close, many of those tanker shots are stock footage, unless it's of an active spill.

Yeah but the whole point is an all black tanker is not all that out of place. I currently live near an active port and have spent most of my life near ports and can say that there really is not a huge standard for the paint color of ships. Though the red hull with a black trim is one of the most common mostly do to red paint being one of the cheapest colors around.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Google would disagree with you. You will notice not only is there Red or Black there is always Red and Black paint jobs. There is even some blue ones.

So yeah SOB Google and five second would have told you there is options for tanker color choice.

google disagrees with me only ever seeing red tankers? :p I know of course that they come in more colours, but all's I'm saying is that red seems to be the most common, and it is the only colour I personally have ever seen an oil tanker be.