Wood/Charcoal Uses

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
So,

I have tons and tons of wood on my base, and I was thinking what should I do with them.
- I could generate energy with them, throwing into a Sawmill/Industrial Sawmill and burning in Generators
- or just throw the wood into furnaces and burn the charcoal.
- I was also thinking of building a huge Coke Oven Factory and generate Charcoal and Creosote Oil.
- I know that I can burn Charcoal into Stirling Engines

What other uses of Wood and Charcoal there is out there?

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Making your road out of charcoal blocks like Saice does.

I think you should make a large sawmill-looking building and grind up the logs from an auto farm.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
For the same reason one sometimes finds themselves asking for info on something easy to google.

Human habits and simple tasks are sometimes like molasses. :p

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, there's this open field near where I work. And in the middle of the field is a clump of trees where vagrants sometimes live.
One day, I heard from the clump of trees, "THAT'S MY TREE!!!"
Now, some people feel very strongly about their wood, ya know.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, there's this open field near where I work. And in the middle of the field is a clump of trees where vagrants sometimes live.
One day, I heard from the clump of trees, "THAT'S MY TREE!!!"
Now, some people feel very strongly about their wood, ya know.
Only when it's strong wood.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously though, you can use charcoal (along with GT) to make both carbon cells and carbon fiber. These have a few minor uses.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
So,

I have tons and tons of wood on my base, and I was thinking what should I do with them.
- I could generate energy with them, throwing into a Sawmill/Industrial Sawmill and burning in Generators
- I was also thinking of building a huge Coke Oven Factory and generate Charcoal and Creosote Oil.

Burn it in boilers. Or in lava.

chronos_qc

Jul 29, 2019
So,

Go with that solution. I did that with about 20 coke ovens and now i have tons of charcoal that goes into a steam boiler and creosote to power my semifluid generator (from gregtech).

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
So,

I take it you have some sort of auto tree farm for saplings for your biofuel setup and are wondering what to do with all the left over wood? Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking of building extra coke ovens and dumping it all in there now that I found the semi-fluid generator. Its burning up all my creosote in a useful fashion.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I have now over 2 Million wood and I can't find a way to use it. I started deleting it as it's starting to use much space on my storage system. I just can't keep up with my farms. I have ove 150 coke ovens, but they are the slowest thing ever. I have induction furnaces exclusivly to wood logs and I'm burning all the charcoal I can, but I'm still getting more wood than I can burn. Man, I hate deleting resources.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I have now over 2 Million wood and I can't find a way to use it. I started deleting it as it's starting to use much space on my storage system. I just can't keep up with my farms. I have ove 150 coke ovens, but they are the slowest thing ever. I have induction furnaces exclusivly to wood logs and I'm burning all the charcoal I can, but I'm still getting more wood than I can burn. Man, I hate deleting resources.

Thats a lot of wood.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
That's why I created this topic in the first place. I know how to use NEI and I've put a lot of thought on that. All my other resources are being used for something, but the wood is being voided for a week now.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
why not run it through recyclers? preferably via a fabricator to turn into planks to max it out. I did that with my excess lumber until it got under control. also if you have mfr you could get more storage with a deep storage unit maybe

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
why not run it through recyclers? preferably via a fabricator to turn into planks to max it out. I did that with my excess lumber until it got under control. also if you have mfr you could get more storage with a deep storage unit maybe
this deep storage unit can hold 2 billion in 1 block and can be broken and it keeps its inventory

Reactions: southernfriedbb