wondering how 1.4 will impact current and future mod

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
So I am thinking out loud here

There are mods that have marble will the makers pull out their marble and go with minecrafts marble or will their be 2 types?

There is currently emerald in a mod will/is the maker just changing name to another green gem or are their now 2 emerald blocks.

Has anyone of how to make a good nether portal trap so things that come through can keep our house safe or world?

Anyone thought of dyeing pots and frames? Will there be colored reenforced glass?

More to come

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean 1.3? Or are you talking about the snapshots of 1.4. It seems like to me that if you're talking about 1.4 and future updates and the modding API, I'm hoping what is included in the API is something like the Ore Dictionary in forge, so you can use recipes interchangeably if you have the same material, but from a different mod. And about the emerald block thing you had mentioned, depending on the way they do things it could be in multiple ways. If they use the Ore Dictionary (which I'm wondering if it includes emeralds?), chances are there will only be one block of emerald; the vanilla block. This does concern me in Red Power though, because of this you could dupe RP2 Emerald Gems into Vanilla emeralds by just crafting the block. Now if they don't go with the ore dictionary, there will be a million different types of the same ore that cannot be used interchangeably, which I myself find a big problem. I'm just hoping they code the mods so problems like these don't arise.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah when I posted about the marble comming in 1.4 I remembered emeralds in 1.3.1 and since many of the mods are wip I thought I'd ask.

Also I just thought of the pain of dye on texture pack makers. IN 1.4

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
buzyb77 said:
Yeah when I posted about the marble comming in 1.4 I remembered emeralds in 1.3.1 and since many of the mods are wip I thought I'd ask.

Also I just thought of the pain of dye on texture pack makers. IN 1.4
I really wonder how they plan on doing dyes. If they're going to make individual things for leather armor, or if they're going to make a template that follows colors of dyed wool kind of like how Sengir made forestry do with Combs and Bees themselves.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
i think most mods wills just continue to do what they think they should and not care much about the new items.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
i think most mods wills just continue to do what they think they should and not care much about the new items.

Well some might get impacted and some will not.

Saw a crop cross breeder coder will need to add in carrots and potatoes now.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
buzyb77 said:
adib said:

Well some might get impacted and some will not.

Saw a crop cross breeder coder will need to add in carrots and potatoes now.
i meant more in drastic changes.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
We can worry about 1.4 when 1.4 comes around. Right now it is far to early in the development process to even begin to worry over that.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke said:
We can worry about 1.4 when 1.4 comes around. Right now it is far to early in the development process to even begin to worry over that.

if you look at the time curve between 1.0.0 to 1.1 to 1.2.5 to 1.3, we can expect 1.4 in a year and a half! =D /sarcasm

Do you think there will be a point where it will be counter productive for modders/mod-users to update?

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke said:
I love how I had a long response...but then slowpoke just comes here and makes that post look very illogical until another update comes around xD. You're right, we can worry about it in a few months when it comes around.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Another item, that already was implemented in Redpower:(
Makes me remember what happened to the ender chests.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
frederikam said:
i like the enderchests mod more than the normal enderchests.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
frederikam said:

And I will continue to use the mod over the vanilla ender chest

adib

Jul 29, 2019
RampantPanda65 said:
adib said:
frederikam said:

same here, atleast you arent bound to one chest.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
RampantPanda65 said:
adib said:

same here, atleast you arent bound to one chest.

I would also just prefer the Quiddity version. Ecu and Chickenbones did a great job with it.

But what is marble???

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
I personally think the mods that use a for of something that mojang implemented in the game will simply remove the modded version and allow the vanilla version to be implemented this will then allow them to work on other parts of there mod and even allow them to add more things in.