Wither Heads - FTB Monster.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
Heya people, ive killed maybe 150 whiter skellies and havent gotten 1 head. Im using a TC sword with fortune 3 on it. Or do i have to use the one that beheads?

Has anyone gotten heads? is there a config that makes it harder for them to drop?

Ty for the answers.

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
The TiCo cleaver is a better choice (as you alluded to). Stack obsidian + ender pearls for additional beheading chances (cleaver starts at 10% iirc, and each beheading modifier adds 5% to the chance for dropped skull). You'll be swimming in noggins in no time.

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
The TiCo cleaver is a better choice (as you alluded to). Stack obsidian + ender pearls for additional beheading chances (cleaver starts at 10% iirc, and each beheading modifier adds 5% to the chance for dropped skull). You'll be swimming in noggins in no time.

awesome tys m8, ill try that. :D

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
You could make it all paper (Or is there some combination with paper/thaumium that adds more?) or a Thuamium blade if your so inclined so that you have all modifiers set to beheading. Should rip right through just about everything :)

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure it's 5% and 10% because I had a cleaver with Beheading V and I got a head every time I sliced em dead

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure it's 5% and 10% because I had a cleaver with Beheading V and I got a head every time I sliced em dead

Unless something changed in this last iteration of FTB, here is the snippet of code that I got my numbers from;

• if (event.entityLiving.getClass() == EntitySkeleton.class), n = 10

• if (event.entityLiving.getClass() == EntityZombie.class), n = 10

• if (event.entityLiving.getClass() == EntityCreeper.class), n = 5

• if (event.entityLiving instanceof EntityPlayer), n = 50
So I was actually a bit wrong; it DOES start at 10%, but then increases by 10% for each additional level of beheading, provided that the target is skeleton or zombie. Since wither skeletons are classified as "skeleton" for the purposes of determining head drop, the rule applies.

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
Then again I was playing RR with its 'slightly' more powerful configs for things like ores and things of the sort.

xjjon

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed wither skull drop rates are really low as well. I have a beheading V cleaver and I auto-spawned 200k of essence worth of skellies and only found 9 skulls. I remember them dropping pretty often on DW20, Unleashed, and even Ultimate with even just a regular beheading enchant.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
there is also always the option to make a mobfarm to gather wither skulls. you could for example build a mob farm inside a stronghold using cursed earth from Extra Utilities, that'll allow wither skeletons to spawn

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
there is also always the option to make a mobfarm to gather wither skulls. you could for example build a mob farm inside a stronghold using cursed earth from Extra Utilities, that'll allow wither skeletons to spawn

Dragging a dozen spawners to the nether works for this too (and can be placed anywhere convenient).

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
does monster include gany's nether? if so theres the wither bush that will sprout wither heads *very slowly*. good luck finding one ;)

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
Dragging a dozen spawners to the nether works for this too (and can be placed anywhere convenient).

Cleaver with Beheading, and one skele spawner in the nether is enough to generate 4 beacon's worth of skulls in under 15 minutes easily.

**set up a block clicker, like autonomous activator, with a delivery system (fans, water, conveyor belt), with a collection method (vacuum hopper into ender chest), and you have skulls for days on days.