Wither farming?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Did FTB nerf the Transfer Nodes, because I made a simple test of two chests separated with a dirt block and linked with a transfer node and nothings happening with the upgrades installed.

oNfBPj.png

RRjhty.png

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
For some strange reason, it's working now. I don't know what's happening, maybe a tick delay?

Artea

Jul 29, 2019
The purpose of the WIU is to have items that are dropped into the world picked up. Try throwing some random items on the grass block and see if it picks them up.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Like the poster above me said, it only picks up items on the ground. It can't pull them out of a chest. You will also need more WIU's to make it reach to the edges of a spawning area. You may need more speed upgrades, depending on how fast you spawn the withers so the items one wither drops aren't destroyed by the next ones explosion. You don't need stack up grades because there will never be a stack of anything. I think I am using 3 WIU's and 6 or 8 speed upgrades to get the items fast enough.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I figured out that the chest was the problem. I dropped some items onto a block and they were removed into storage.

So I automated that process, but the xp I'll either have to leave or use the Tinker's Mechworks Drawbridge to make a door so I can enter and collect them.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Thanks for your help, guys. I figured it out and was able to build my Mob Grinder that can handle everything except Ghasts. Just have to figure out what I need to do the automate placing Soul Sand and Wither Skeleton Skulls. Can work with Powered Spawners and the Draconic Evolution Spawners as well.

0CfiJN.png

0A7fyR.png

G114Sb.png

wdJCkw.png

5vYlOM.png

But which mod allows you to remotely plane the sand and skulls? Is it MFR or MFFS?

Artea

Jul 29, 2019
I used block placers for the sand, and autonomous activators for the skulls (I don't think the wither will spawn unless the last skull placed was "player" placed, which the AA simulates. I have not tried formation planes from AE, so I'm not sure if they work.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I used block placers for the sand, and autonomous activators for the skulls (I don't think the wither will spawn unless the last skull placed was "player" placed, which the AA simulates. I have not tried formation planes from AE, so I'm not sure if they work.
Formation planes work just fine. That is what I am using to place the sand and skulls.

I

ItsTheRealGreenie

The draconic evolution mob grinder will kill him instantly and is not destroyed by explosions. It also simulates a "player kill" so you'll get all the drops. The grinder can be coal powered or powered directly with a tesseract.

- Example Spawner. Has made me 800+ stars with no troubles. -
p54hC2P.png
i tried this and immediately, the withers blew up the node and the placers and aut activators. also, how are power and items being supplied to the placers and aut acts at the same time?

WilliamW1979

Jul 29, 2019
i tried this and immediately, the withers blew up the node and the placers and aut activators. also, how are power and items being supplied to the placers and aut acts at the same time?

EnderIO conduits allow you to place power and item conduits in the same block area. I have a setup where it creates the wither, the wither drops one block onto a Translocation plate which teleports him instantly inside a wither-proof building. Then, a draconic mob grinder will kill him through the blocks and the transfer nodes pick up the items (I used 3 to make sure I get everything). My only issue with my setup is that I can not get soul sand and wither skulls fast enough to keep up with it because it goes so fast.

Also the block placers and autonomous activators all have a redstone conduit running behind them with the power and item conduits. There is a redstone clock I put on them and the autonomous activators are set up to only place with redstone signals. So they create withers really fast. The middle autonomous activate needs the placement to be above the line else it may place it on the block below it. The others don't matter. The transfer node go into a private ender chest hooked up to my ME System.

Attachments

• Wither Farm.png
    Wither Farm.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 64