Witchwood Forests

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or are the AM2 Witchwood forests incredibly laggy? Or is there just something I'm not doing that can make it less laggy (EG: config editting or some such)?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Witchwood Forests crush my fps. I can't go near them without a noticeable frame drop, let alone in the forest.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
It's the particle effect of falling leaves.
Hmm, I wonder if that can be disabled...

Though odd that it doesn't obey the general particle effect level you have. As I still have the fps drop even on minimal particle effects

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I wonder if that can be disabled...

Though odd that it doesn't obey the general particle effect level you have. As I still have the fps drop even on minimal particle effects

The config is about half way down the page in notepad.
Config said:
# Disable this if you experience low FPS in witchwood forests
B:WitchwoodLeafParticles=true

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps it's an optifine option.

And yes, cause you're underwater, you most likely will want to take advantage of this.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
The config is about half way down the page in notepad.
Er... I have it opened in Notepad++ and I do not see a line that starts with "# Disable"...
Okay scratch that its there... but not all Config files are created equally... I've been tinkering with editting the FTB Lite pack and I was looking in there, that config option does not exist. BUT in the DW20 1.0.20 pack config file I have.... it exists. Guess I can just C&P over the config file from DW20 to FTB LTE.... Sweet :)