Wishful thinking with mod interactions

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been playing a magic pack lately and having a pretty good time, especially once we unlocked some of the Forbidden Magic research. I love how FM gives us cool options to integrate the different magic mods with Thaumcraft. But all it did was whet my appetite. I wish there was more! :)

I'd love to see a way to integrate the bound blade with a sword of the zephyr or an ichorium sword (something like a bloody ichorium blade that is as grindy to make, but uses blood magic reagents instead of the thaumcraft stuff, and more importantly worked like a bound blade to give shards), or a terrasteel pickaxe of the core that could be upgraded with mana. How about a way to convert blood from someone's life pool into the primals that you get when you scan that person with a master orb or something.

Or a way to incorporate thaumcraft focuses into complex spells (that idea sounded cooler in my head. Trying to figure out a concrete example and not getting anywhere).

How about it. Any direct mod interactions you guys like to see that make you wish for more like it?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea where I saw it, but someone posted a screenshot of several magic mods all combined into 1 large multiblock structure.
it was a Blood Magic altar with blocks from Botania, Thaumcraft and I believe Witchery aswell

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure you understand the intent of my question @InfinityRaider. Whatever one can do with modtweaker (which I doubt is actually an answer to my question) wasn't even remotely in my mind.

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to see all the idiots in the world disappear so that Reika would finally have a reason to consider MineTweaker support. Sadly, we live on Earth, not Mexico.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I love the Livingwood/dreamwood manasteel/eternium capped wands. Much simpler to make mana gen to refill vis then to attempt makeing a energised node with all aspects, fills faster too.
The alchemical wands are OK too but really risky and doesn't work well with Open Blocks gravestone. Once my Alchemical stave killed me as it does when you have no LP in your soul network and it didn't leave behind a grave stone essentially annihilating all my stuff.
It might be fixed now but it's a case of once bitten.

Frankly I think mods should be a bit more insular, not totally sectioned off but allowed to be their own things. With some interaction where it makes sense.

I did just have one idea, letting BC gates attach to other types of pipes. Gates are awesome to use but to properly utilize them you need to use BC clown pipes. There's gonna be a pipe for every vanilla resource soon.
Have they got a dirt pipe yet? I guess I could always just use a texture pack.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I love the Livingwood/dreamwood manasteel/eternium capped wands. Much simpler to make mana gen to refill vis then to attempt makeing a energised node with all aspects, fills faster too.
The alchemical wands are OK too but really risky and doesn't work well with Open Blocks gravestone. Once my Alchemical stave killed me as it does when you have no LP in your soul network and it didn't leave behind a grave stone essentially annihilating all my stuff.
It might be fixed now but it's a case of once bitten.
I'm having my own issues with grave markers right now, so who knows. I will agree that the alchemical wands aren't really a good, viable idea until you've got a solid well of suffering running. Since that's one of my first goals, it's easy to see why I've never felt that particular pain.

Frankly I think mods should be a bit more insular, not totally sectioned off but allowed to be their own things. With some interaction where it makes sense.
I think that would be a shame. Finding awesome ways to make mods interact is half the fun for me. :) Running into something like Forbidden Magic has done a lot to encourage me to expand my toolbox because there are specific rewards for doing it.

I did just have one idea, letting BC gates attach to other types of pipes. Gates are awesome to use but to properly utilize them you need to use BC clown pipes. There's gonna be a pipe for every vanilla resource soon.
Have they got a dirt pipe yet? I guess I could always just use a texture pack.
When I first ran into itemducts, I thought 'These would be perfect if you could slap a gate on them to control the machines.' I spent a great deal of effort running cobblestone structure pipes around with gate controls and wires and then trying to make the whole thing not look like a yarn factory exploded in my base. I don't do that anymore, but I would like to see this too.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
All I really want is thaumcraft aspects for everything. Seeing the "nothing can be learned from this" always makes me a little sad.
This is something I could get behind, and there actually are a few addons that do this. One addon that comes to mind is "Thaumcraft Mob Aspects" but it only goes so far.

Reactions: 1SDAN

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure you understand the intent of my question @InfinityRaider. Whatever one can do with modtweaker (which I doubt is actually an answer to my question) wasn't even remotely in my mind.

Ever since I learned how it works, I cant play without thinking of new tweaks I could add. Instead of wishing and hoping for better mod interaction, I just made it happen. My best set of scripts integrated Tinkers, AE2 and Thermal Expansion in such a way that they were dependent on one another. Thats the kind of mod interaction I want, not some crossover gadgets. The weakness of heavily modded is too many random ideas flapping about in the wind, needs some tiered progression to bring them together...

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ever since I learned how it works, I cant play without thinking of new tweaks I could add. Instead of wishing and hoping for better mod interaction, I just made it happen. My best set of scripts integrated Tinkers, AE2 and Thermal Expansion in such a way that they were dependent on one another. Thats the kind of mod interaction I want, not some crossover gadgets. The weakness of heavily modded is too many random ideas flapping about in the wind, needs some tiered progression to bring them together...
^ This.

I approve wholeheartedly :) In the whole "What makes a modpack" thread somewhere else on here, @Yusunoha had some very wise words on this very matter.

Reactions: epidemia78

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I think Mekanism and Galacticraft needs to be integrated. Phase out the need for most of the unwieldy GC machines in crafting rocket components in favor of a complicated Mek-based set of recipes. And make some of the most OP Mek stuff require resources from space. Its something Im working on...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I think you make a good point there @epidemia78 - though I would say that, large and cumbersome as it is, I love the look of the NASA Workbench :D but yes absolutely - Desh from Mars, something else from the asteroids (if they work?) - with a bit of thought, you could really do something spectacular (and probably already are by the sounds of it!)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Im leaving in the NASA workbench, but the circuit fabricator and compressors are the worst machines ever. And I want to wring more use out of the high end Mek ore processing machines because they look so damn fancy. Theres an wealth of potential with Mekanism and its Modtweaker support.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Im leaving in the NASA workbench, but the circuit fabricator and compressors are the worst machines ever. And I want to wring more use out of the high end Mek ore processing machines because they look so damn fancy. Theres an wealth of potential with Mekanism and its Modtweaker support.
You won't get any argument from me there! :D

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Im leaving in the NASA workbench, but the circuit fabricator and compressors are the worst machines ever.
I'd be satisfied if the rolling machine could be used as a replacement compressor. Because, yeah. they need work. And everything needs to use a nicer system for allowing input/output side changes.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I'd be satisfied if the rolling machine could be used as a replacement compressor. Because, yeah. they need work. And everything needs to use a nicer system for allowing input/output side changes.

Yeah, Im going with the rolling machine instead I think. And probably BC chipsets run through some other process to replace the circuit fab.