[WIP][HQM]S.O.S (I'm crash landed on a post apocalyptic world)

MrN1c3

Jul 29, 2019
bild2jdq5ranpgw.png

Hello I'm working on this pack for a while and a beta version is now on the FTB and Curse launcher.
The story is quite simple: you are a space delivery man and you had a crash on your last tour and were forced to land on a hostile world and now have to survive until you can call for help.

Here is the twist that makes the pack different: In order to get resources you use the Mod Thermal Recycling where you take junk and break it down. Later in the game you will get access to other things like Agricraft Resource crops and finally the Mining Laser from MFR or the excavator from IE.

And to make life hard there are two mods: Epic Siege Mod and DifficultLife. The first gives Mobs a new AI and tweaks some game features like preventing you from sleeping, Zombie Pigmen are always aggressive and Creepers explode faster. And DifficultLife will buff mobs based on game time, so if you wait too long your Zombies will have 300 HP and hit like a truck (That took over 200 MC days so no need to rush to hard).

Some features in short:
-No Ore spawn (but a little bit of mining at the start. You will see IG what that is all about)
-Normal Minecraft world (The world don't need to be a wasteland only because Humans a dead)
-Custom structures
-Harder Mob AI
-Mobs get stronger over time

Help needed:
-Artwork: If someone can help me with that I would be super happy.
-Balance and Bug reports: I need some feedback if things are to hard or not hard enough or don't work please post it.

Pack code: SOS

Version
: 1.0.1

Mod's:
  • VersionChecker - out CustenMainMenu - in (I forget to switch that in last build)

HQM:
  • Some optical improvements on Quest layout
Config:
  • added config file Veinminer (The mod is not in by default but if someone likes to add it I added some compatibility)

Version: 1.0

Mod Update
:
  • Ender Core
  • EnderIO
  • Immersive Engineering
  • Travellers Gear
  • WAWLA

Version 0.7.1:
  • fixed a bug with missing buildings

Version 0.7:
New Mod:
  • TrashSlot
Mod Updates:
  • Immersive Engineering
  • Ender core
  • ExtraUtility
  • BiblioCraft

Other stuff:
  • HQM: Quest text overwork on some quest and new quest to help new player have a better experience
  • Fixed Main Menu typo
  • Draconic Evolution got a little bit more expansive

Version 0.6:
  • HQM Quest Updates
  • ExtraUtility timer block enabled
  • 2 new Quadrum Items for the main quest item.
  • DifficultLife change Wither and normal mobs don't drop hearts now but chest have a higher chance for extra hearts
  • Charcoal block burn time in blast furnace change
  • minor recipe change on FTL Block

Version 0.5
:

Mod Update:

• Thermal Recycling
  • AgriCraft
  • Witching Gadgets
  • Pam's Harvestcraft
  • BD Lib
  • Ender Core
  • NEI Addon
  • NEI Integration
  • Open Modular Turrets
  • Epic Siege Mod

Other stuff:

• New Quadrum Items (One for the FTL-Trasmitter recipe and a Charcoal block
  • ExtraUtiliti change Generator available now
  • HQM Some Quest book changes
  • Difficult life change More hears in chests now less heart drops from mobs
  • ESM change Overworld Forts spawn are off now
  • 2 new buildings
Version 0.4:

Mod Update:
  • EnderIO
  • Ewy's Workshop
  • Storage Drawer
Other stuff:
  • recipe for Pills
  • HQM update for quest text, quest rewards
  • AgriCraft make breading easier

Version 0.3:

Mod Update:
  • Hardcore Ender Expansion 1.8.4
  • Ender Tech 3.2.405
  • EnderIO 2.3.0.415_beta
  • Ender Core 0.1.0.25_beta
New Mods:
  • Ewy's Workshop
  • Technomancy
Mods out of pack:
  • Steve's Workshop
  • Botania
  • Forbidden Magic
Other stuff:
  • HQM Quest Update
  • Some new Quadrum Items
  • New Building
  • Lots of Thermal Recycling integration added

Version 0.2:
Mod Update:
  • ThermalRecycling to 1.7.10-1.0.2.4
  • Botania to r1.7-223
Other stuff:
  • Lots of HQM stuff (new quest, quest text,....)
  • 3 new structures
  • Deleted disabled items from NEI
  • Lots of Thermal Recycling minetweaker stuff
  • Confic change to Difficult life
  • Luncher Icon update (deleted the ugly white edges)
  • New Quadrum item to make early game a little easier

Recipes not shown clear in NEI(all need a Resonant Fluid Transposer) :

Glowing Mangalloy = Mangalloy + 80000 mb Glowstone
Mastermind- Active = Mastermind + 75000 mb Xp
Fullcell = Empty-Fullcell + 70000 mb cyanit

Last edited:

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
So in terms of story its almost exactly like Pikmin, if anyone knows what i am talking about. But obviously there are no pikmin here. Anything unique is worth a try :)

MrN1c3

Jul 29, 2019
Hm I did not know the game I just google it and yeh sound like that ^^. But I was more thinking on Futurama or at least the Space delivery part was stolen from there.

4oz_scoop

Jul 29, 2019
im intrigued and also curious why it needs to be post apocolyptic? could just be some random alien world. either way. was also wondering, since the mobs gain strength steadily, if the rewards from the hqm are gonna scale in accordance? or do you intend for the player to just be underpowered and they are responsible kind of thing? just how hardcore did you intend it to be?

MrN1c3

Jul 29, 2019
Hello 4oz_scoop,
the Post Apocalyptic part has two reason first I was making a little fun or better I was getting on the hype train because there a so many apocalyptic packs recently,
and second (the main reason) I wanted to remove villages and force the player to "build" his own villager.
And your second question, Draconic Evolution is in the pack and there are some mighty weapons in that mod.
The first 30-40 days are really hard in this pack and then the pack starts to get a little easier the mobs get tougher but so are your items .
I just finished a play through on day 230 where the normal mobs had 150-180 HP and my weapon did 40 dmg so it is not to hard.

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
Is the scrap is where I should gather my resource? If so what is a good way to get scraps? It's seems that it's very rare drop..

You might want to explain more in the hqm

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

MrN1c3

Jul 29, 2019
A good way to get resources in early game are loot bags and ruins in the world many of them have chests and/or iron blocks like fences, steel scaffolding or iron doors the fences must turned by a chisel to the vanilla version but after that you can put all of that in the recycler and hope you get something good. But you should move as fast as you can to Agricraft resource crops and a pulverizer for your metal drops.
But thank you for the feedback I will a add 1-2 quest to explain that better. :)

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
Lol...I made my blast furnace without even knowing there's resource crops...you might want to put that in quest if it's not, if it's in hqm already...move it to the beginning to make it obvious

MrN1c3

Jul 29, 2019
It is on the AgriCraft tab the 3. quest. I will change the quest text in the first chapter a little bite to make it clearer. :)

PS: To come back to your first point how to get scrap: You can get scrap from logs, meat and rotten flash. (The chance to get some is low with the basic core but you can upgrade your core later to get a better chance)

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Lol...I made my blast furnace without even knowing there's resource crops...you might want to put that in quest if it's not, if it's in hqm already...move it to the beginning to make it obvious

you'll need blast furnace for steel tho.

was funny. the one thing that I was always looking to get more of was coal in this pack.

Other end of the stick, if I had 2k iron ingots, I also had 2k diamonds, so all my main resources stayed around same # cause of resource crops.

I rushed to make a killer joe, made a decent sword for it with looting and watched the loot bags roll in. auto opening them into my ae system and auto recycling things got me going till resource crops kicked in. made a reinforced watering can and resource crops took off.

You also wanna upgrade that one recycling upgrade to get more out of the stf u put into it and fully disassemble stuff.

did alot of raiding, digging into canyons to find rubbish piles to get ores to expand resource crops.

It was an interesting take on resource gathering. but.....

On the flip side tho, once I got past that and had the resources literally just swarming in, I felt no incentive to continue. Probably will load it up and finish the hqm quests but considering ur under the gun so to speak to finish up, didn't want to waste time too much contemplating my inevitable demise lol

I've had thermal recycling in alot of packs and never really used it other than the recipes to pulverize things. That's changed now. Thanks for making this pack.

Reactions: MrN1c3

MrN1c3

Jul 29, 2019
Yeh coal can be hard to come by but after you have 1-2 Draconic Evolution spawner or EnderIO spawner you will get more loot bags which mean more coal at the end of my testing play throw I was at 14k.

On the flip side tho, once I got past that and had the resources literally just swarming in, I felt no incentive to continue. Probably will load it up and finish the hqm quests but considering ur under the gun so to speak to finish up, didn't want to waste time too much contemplating my inevitable demise lol
I don't know how far in the pack you where but did you finsh the End dimension part? Because that's a nice thing to do when you are tired from automating your base. ;)
And after you got your endgame Draconic Evolution weapons and armour you have all time in the world because the normal mobs are easy to kill even with the game difficultly maxed out.

PS: After writing the last sentence I decide that I make DraconicEvo items more expensive in the next build.

Last edited:

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Well ... this pack his ... devilish.

You must seriously considering the difficulty of the pack as starting is nearly impossible.

In all my attempt I die at least 3 times the first night, creepers destroyed my ship (witch is made from paper, carpenters blocks are nice for building but break too easily).

The last time a creeper destroy a large portion of my ship and the recycling machine in the same time ... game over.

MrN1c3

Jul 29, 2019
Yeh that's way you get a transfer node + world interaction update in one of the first quest so you can build a wall a few blocks away around your ship. So one the first day you should look for lava + water and a lot of wood.

MrN1c3

Jul 29, 2019
Oh thank you. I just tried it and know the bug, I deleted one folder to much before sending the pack to the FTB team.

Last edited: