[WIP] Fool's Equipment, Is this Wanted?

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I've been making a Mod and I've been using it for awhile now myself, however it has terrible textures and would need a texture artist for it. However I would like to explain the mod and see if anyone would be even vaguely interested in the content I've created. Currently requires Baubles and Thaumcraft however I would most likely make a version without the TC dependency if people wanted it.

Note: When I say "1 Item" I mean anything able to be stored in the Inventory, It opens a Creative-esk Menu.

Items:
Fool's Pendant:
Type: Item
Function: When worn you can give yourself 1 Item however, to take off the Pendant you must have 1 or more of the Item created in your inventory (When the Pendant is taken off the Item it created is removed). If you die while wearing this Pendant it will not be dropped but instead you will spawn with it still equipped. Each ingame week this is worn you get 1 Random Debuff Permenantly (If this is already being done by this or by another Fool's item it will raise the level by 1).
Notes: Debuffs added by this should be retained even on death.

Fool's Ring:
Function: When worn you can give yourself 1 Item however, to take off the Ring you must have 1 or more of the Item created in your inventory (When the Ring is taken off the Item it created is removed). If you die while wearing this Ring it will not be dropped but instead you will spawn with it still equipped. Each ingame week this is worn you get 1 Random Debuff Permenantly (If this is already being done by this or by another Fool's item it will raise the level by 1).

Fool's Girdle:
Function: When worn you can give yourself 1 Item however, to take off the Girdle you must have 1 or more of the Item created in your inventory (When the Girdle is taken off the Item it created is removed). If you die while wearing this Girdle it will not be dropped but instead you will spawn with it still equipped. Each ingame week this is worn you get 1 Random Debuff Permenantly (If this is already being done by this or by another Fool's item it will raise the level by 1).

Something I'd like to note, This means if you use a Fool's Item to get a Fully Charged Energy Cell, You must give it back a Fully Charged Energy Cell not an Empty one it will know the difference. Meaning if your Early game and end up having a Fool's Item somehow do not ask for Fully Charged Quantum Armor you wont beable to charge it up fast enough and will have to deal with the downsides as they come. The Fool's Items end up not being an item you would use for long peroids of time only short bursts. Need a little Redstone ask it for a Block and pay it back when you make that machine that spits out redstone that you needed redstone to make, thats more what this is used for; It's ment for the "I need a job but I don't have experience but I can't get experience without a job" situations that occur occasionally. I would also like to note that since it says "any debuff" it means it, you can get Permanent Slowness or Wither or Nausea.

Last edited:

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
This seems interesting. Do you have any pictures of these baubles in action.
I'd like to polish it more before I actually show anything. I might just hold off on Pictures and make a video later after I get/make better textures for both the items and gui. This was originally just for myself and a few friends so it didn't need to look clean.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I should actually re-code alot of what I did because it's pretty sloppy; I'll release it with better textures though first so I can see if anyone actually wants it.

Last edited:

Blorph

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest that if you want some textures, that you post right here, in a post I made to help with this very thing.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like wither might be a bit unbalanced. Your choice of course.
I like having "GAME OVER"'s in my Minecraft, if your willing to risk everything for something too expensive too early then its your choice to chance it; but if you always stay within a few steps of yourself you can always pay it back before you see any negative effects. I named it Fool's Equipment for a reason, you can use it correctly and the equipment is the fool or you make yourself the fool by biting off more than you can chew. Just don't be too greedy and you'll be fine; It's only after 1 Minecraft week that you get a debuff and as a side note, I intended this for Server play not Singleplayer however I will at some point after releasing it add a config option to add and remove effects (Permanent Thaumeria lol (Note that it currently only supports Vanilla debuffs and I do not intend to add any Thaumcraft debuffs as potential permanent debuffs by default, that would be up to you to add when I would add it to the config options)).

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Can make less random what de-buffs you get by have different groups. The longer you have it on it the worse it gets.
Maybe something like this:
Starts after 1-7 ingame weeks Group 1: Hunger, Mining Fatigue, Weakness
Starts after 3-12 ingame weeks Group 2: Slowness, Poison,
Starts after 5-X ingame weeks Group 3: Wither, Nausea, Blindness

If your silly to have all 3 items on you get 3 differnt de-buffs each week.

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
I also think if you have a system that checks how hard the recipes are and then gives you a worst effect. For example you fools in a stick and get maybe hunger 1 but when you fools in a HV solar it gives wither 3. Just a thought.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I also think if you have a system that checks how hard the recipes are and then gives you a worst effect. For example you fools in a stick and get maybe hunger 1 but when you fools in a HV solar it gives wither 3. Just a thought.
Would substantially increase load up times though.

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like a really cool idea. I like the basic idea of the chance of getting screwed over with perma wither 3 or something.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry that I haven't been on recently, I've been busy IRL but I'm still working on this. I'll be able to work on this full time though in a few days. Just thought that everyone deserved to know what was happening with this.

Trust me that it's already brutal enough. If you want it to be worse add new potion effects from other mods (when I add the feature to customize that).

Can make less random what de-buffs you get by have different groups. The longer you have it on it the worse it gets.
Maybe something like this:
Starts after 1-7 ingame weeks Group 1: Hunger, Mining Fatigue, Weakness
Starts after 3-12 ingame weeks Group 2: Slowness, Poison,
Starts after 5-X ingame weeks Group 3: Wither, Nausea, Blindness

If your silly to have all 3 items on you get 3 diffrent de-buffs each week.
I like the player not being able to know whats coming next and only know that it's bad. My main intention is for the player to after putting it on want to take it off as soon as possible. Note: Due to having two ring slots you can actually have 4 on ;P

Last edited:

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
After thinking for awhile since I had time away from my projects and such recently I might just merge this into my Mega Mod thing I intend to release at some point... Think Extra Utilities except much more random and more of an Idea Dump (This means even the most foreign of concepts would make it into it so even something that should be a mod on its own wouldn't be). But like Extra Utils I'll let you turn off anything you dislike.

Edit: An example of one of the Foreign Ideas is X-Ray Spectacles, Players and Huminoid mobs look like Skeletons and you can see Chests and AE Terminals through walls.

Last edited:

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
After thinking for awhile since I had time away from my projects and such recently I might just merge this into my Mega Mod thing I intend to release at some point... Think Extra Utilities except much more random and more of an Idea Dump (This means even the most foreign of concepts would make it into it so even something that should be a mod on its own wouldn't be). But like Extra Utils I'll let you turn off anything you dislike.

Edit: An example of one of the Foreign Ideas is X-Ray Spectacles, Players and Huminoid mobs look like Skeletons and you can see Chests and AE Terminals through walls.
I like the sound of that, especially if you can just turn off things you don't like.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of the permanent debuff angle why not go a mob attack rout? like TC4 eldritch guardians. As depending on the debuffs and depending on the accompanying mods they can be trivialized/ cleansed.

Make it so you have a clemency period to return/ pay back the item but every week you don't pay you end up with a random chance per tic to have a otherworldly "Debt Collector" mob try to take the payment (in the form of multiple deaths). Every week makes the collectors spawn in greater numbers and more periodically.

These effects could stack per bauble too.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of the permanent debuff angle why not go a mob attack rout? like TC4 eldritch guardians. As depending on the debuffs and depending on the accompanying mods they can be trivialized/ cleansed.

Make it so you have a clemency period to return/ pay back the item but every week you don't pay you end up with a random chance per tic to have a otherworldly "Debt Collector" mob try to take the payment (in the form of multiple deaths). Every week makes the collectors spawn in greater numbers and more periodically.

These effects could stack per bauble too.
I thought about that but then I thought about the existances of things like Blood Armor from Blood magic and having Permenant Debuffs makes it so there's not really a way of getting away from the debuffs (I'll try to make them not able to be cured like if you were wearing Quantum Armor).