[WIP] [1.6.4] [1.7.2 IN PROGRESS] MortTech

Mortvana

Jul 29, 2019
I see you with a strange glint in my eyes - thumbs up! :D

Here is my bag of ideas!

Get modular, provide great configuration, and documentation, changelog, downloadability of older versions, we plan to use 1.6.4 for 6-7 months.
Be aware when other mods already do something, you don't have to do everything, but you can go on refine things, like gregtech.
Do not recode what is already there.
World - [including Extra Crops] Ores, Crops, Latex Trees,and Crops
MagicalCorps addon.
Please provide configuration switches - as I don't like more ores - to be the new materials able to mined from ores, or no new ores and the new materials craftable.
In Stargate naquadah can be set to be craftable, or be a new ore.
Extra Crops is just Flax, Oats, and Hemp, a.k.a. non-magical utility crap.
All COMMON ores and EXTRA ore are configurable, but I wont let you damage the tech-tree with it, and no, the ore will not be craftable.

Machines [including Alloys, Modular Power, Ceramic and Steam Pipes, and PowerSuits] - A.K.A MortTech
There is one machine I miss from IC2: the terraformer.
You may include real biome changes, including Biomes of Plenty, nether and end dimensions too - Biomes of Plenty addon.
I'll add a Terraformer then~

Advanced Tinkering [Tinker's Construct addon] - Tinkering of stuffs
Tinkering armor? ;)
No, just some new tools, maybe armor will come down the line eventually.

Alternate UU [including UU+] - Want UU without IC2?
Yepp, or MineChem addon.
It wont be a MineChem addon, although support is very likely.

Ars Alchemica [including Runic Stones] - Alchemy, 'nuff said
Ars Magica addon. This, and Thaumcraft are planning to join - do you know they are both made from the Ars Magica roleplaying game?
Ars Alchemic will be its own little mod, not an Ars Magica addon, and I know about TC and AM's origins.

Improved Dyes - Maybe, not sure...
Already in Magicalcorps dye plant.
Not plants...

Forbidden Thaumaturgy [Thaumcraft Addon] - RETURN OF THE ELDRITCH
Maybe, either SpitefulFox or FlaxBeard were my two first choices anyway.

Dimensions - Many new Dimensions
Oh noes! :D There are plenty of dimensions already. Also there is Mystcraft.
One thing we need, commands for world handling: teleport, copy, move, delete, edit,
and buildable, non-chunkloading gates between them.
And if you will read below, only cyberspace dimension inside computers.
So beside the world-handling module, a Computercraft addon. ;)
It'll be good I promise.

Better Villages - Name says it all
Already lots of mods provide this, Biomes of Plenty is one of them.
More of an overhaul really.

Player Expansion - Some RPG Stuff...
As Thaumcraft and Ars Magica taken roots in Ars Magica RPG, your mod can have it's roots, and mood from either of these RPGs:
Cyberpunk, which only tech - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020
Shadowrun, this contains magic too - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun
My preferable routes would be alongside tech built into the bodies of players, decreasing max health (as for example Tinkers Construct has a way increasing it), like in the two RPG-s above decreasing "humanity".
I'll look into it when the time comes~

MortEssentials - Server Stuffs...
See dimension handling, also take a look at Opis! :)
I will add dimension stuff, but it was more for RPG Servers, and I use OPIS myself.

I think you know this page: http://bot.notenoughmods.com/1.6.4.html

If anything I wrote catches your fancy, I can provide more ideas alongside your wishes.

Thank you,
Mike

Mortvana

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, to keep you peoples in the loop-a-ma-bob, I've decided to write up a list of the things I need to do:

Fix Machine Names
Fix Woodmill Recipes
Fix Machine Textures
Texture ALL Dusts
Get the Creative Tabs Working >.>
Finish Tooltips
Debugging Spork
OreDict the Crap!

Edit #2: Fix the Machine's Block Texture Stuff...

Edit: 42nd!

Last edited:

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Hi there,your mod looks very interesting. You've taken several unique and unrelated concepts and added them together. That could either be a VERY good thing, or a total flop. From the looks of things, it will most likely be the former (first one). I would be happy to do a spotlight when the mod comes out. One thing though, you might want to combine the modules into 3 or 4 "packs" of modules, as well as put them ALL into a 5th "pack"

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
Your mod has caught my eye because of your description of it being "Gregtech without the Greg" or something like that. I like Gregtech and the stuff it has, but I too dislike the mod making progressing in IC2 more tedious than it should be.

I've got some ideas for your mod:

I would like to see an implementation of a multiblock that will allow players to grind up ores, wash the dust to refine them further, and heat the purified dusts into bars just like the process of getting extra metals and byproducts just like in IC2 Experimental, but all at once. Maybe the block could be more efficient depending on what materials you make it out of.

I also would like to see two more tiers of power storage made out of raw materials that are stronger than enderium. I think the energy cells should have even higher storage than the enderium cells and send out more energy to more machines at a time.

Since you are also suggesting Thaumcraft integration, I would like to see some misc. type items that could make infusion-crafting easier. Have you ever tried to craft an item through infusion crafting and always have to check how much essentia you have available beforehand? I'd like to see a couple of items implemented that could simplify the process. I think there should be a way to monitor how much essentia you have and supply the jars with more essentia if need be in an automated way much like Direwolf20's essentia monitoring system without having to do tedious computercraft coding.

Anyway, thanks a lot!! :D

Mortvana

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,your mod looks very interesting. You've taken several unique and unrelated concepts and added them together. That could either be a VERY good thing, or a total flop. From the looks of things, it will most likely be the former (first one). I would be happy to do a spotlight when the mod comes out. One thing though, you might want to combine the modules into 3 or 4 "packs" of modules, as well as put them ALL into a 5th "pack"

I was thinking of that, but it'll just be like RailCraft and Mariculture in that each module is configurable

Your mod has caught my eye because of your description of it being "Gregtech without the Greg" or something like that. I like Gregtech and the stuff it has, but I too dislike the mod making progressing in IC2 more tedious than it should be.

I've got some ideas for your mod:

I would like to see an implementation of a multiblock that will allow players to grind up ores, wash the dust to refine them further, and heat the purified dusts into bars just like the process of getting extra metals and byproducts just like in IC2 Experimental, but all at once. Maybe the block could be more efficient depending on what materials you make it out of.

I also would like to see two more tiers of power storage made out of raw materials that are stronger than enderium. I think the energy cells should have even higher storage than the enderium cells and send out more energy to more machines at a time.

Since you are also suggesting Thaumcraft integration, I would like to see some misc. type items that could make infusion-crafting easier. Have you ever tried to craft an item through infusion crafting and always have to check how much essentia you have available beforehand? I'd like to see a couple of items implemented that could simplify the process. I think there should be a way to monitor how much essentia you have and supply the jars with more essentia if need be in an automated way much like Direwolf20's essentia monitoring system without having to do tedious computercraft coding.

Anyway, thanks a lot!! :D

I was going to make tiered mutliblocks for the processing anyway, but due the how powerful the are, they are multiple machines. I am not making a Thermal Expansion addon, so the energy cell idea will be tweaked, but yes I will add Tier 7 {Tier 4 Electric} Multiblock Energy Storage thingy. I like the idea of auto essentia, maybe it would go better in Technomancy though.
EDIT: Early Morning [2pm] Spelling r bad

Last edited:

SMB64

Jul 29, 2019
so wait... you're basically making a single mod that is an add-on to all the major mods?
i-dont-always-poo-holy-shit.jpg

if you can pull this off... you win.... you just WIN THE INTERNET!

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Mortvana

Jul 29, 2019
so wait... you're basically making a single mod that is an add-on to all the major mods?
i-dont-always-poo-holy-shit.jpg

if you can pull this off... you win.... you just WIN THE INTERNET!

No, but close~
Also, unfortunately, Java 8 is being an asshat, so MortTech development is halted until I can fix it :mad:
EDIT: So my email thought your post was spam XD

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
No, but close~
Also, unfortunately, Java 8 is being an asshat, so MortTech development is halted until I can fix it :mad:
EDIT: So my email thought your post was spam XD

Did you upgrade mid development? I'm not sure if mods are using java 8 yet.

Mortvana

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I fixed the ForgeGradle error and have been coding a bit, a PRE-RELEASE for 1.7.2 will be out either tonight or tomorrow, so YAAY!!!! for that!
EDIT: PRE-RELEASE IS OUT

Last edited:
Reactions: MoosyDoosy

acker

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, nice you have nice ideas...

But the "Donate Button" thing kinda let me down with a poorly written material.

First deliver something man

Mortvana

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, nice you have nice ideas...

But the "Donate Button" thing kinda let me down with a poorly written material.

First deliver something man
I am, it is simply there so I remember to put it there when I actually decide to put a donate button.

TheSirusKing

Jul 29, 2019
"You're probably saying "What!?" Okay let me explain, MortTech is like GregTech with out the pointless nerfing and ridiculous tedium"
Wow, how rude.

Reactions: Padfoote

Mortvana

Jul 29, 2019
"You're probably saying "What!?" Okay let me explain, MortTech is like GregTech with out the pointless nerfing and ridiculous tedium"
Wow, how rude.
It is only my opinion, also Greg is MUCH ruder. Now can I get back to coding my mod?

mr10movie

Jul 29, 2019
It is only my opinion, also Greg is MUCH ruder. Now can I get back to coding my mod?
I think what my easily tempered friend here was trying to say was that your comments could be seen as insulting to some people. It could probably be better phrased as "MortTech will be like GregTech with out what is in my opinion the pointless nerfing and tedium". He didn't mean to, and doesn't want to start any form of argument, and neither do I.

And yes, Greg has been rude in the past, but he's apologised. Doesn't wipe his slate clean, but he's pretty much been a good boy since then.

Mortvana

Jul 29, 2019
I think what my easily tempered friend here was trying to say was that your comments could be seen as insulting to some people. It could probably be better phrased as "MortTech will be like GregTech with out what is in my opinion the pointless nerfing and tedium". He didn't mean to, and doesn't want to start any form of argument, and neither do I.

And yes, Greg has been rude in the past, but he's apologised. Doesn't wipe his slate clean, but he's pretty much been a good boy since then.
Lets not start anything, mm. I just have a thing against highly opinionated text :p

I'll not bring up why I hate Greg so much... I will also change the OP