Will there be a forestry Mob?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkst3r

Jul 29, 2019
The newest beta has a beekeeper villager its close to a new mob right? :p
It is pretty cool though i would like to see bees flying around that would be cool

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
yes finally able to post here again on this .

ok Forestry mod is more of a flora mob not a Fauna mod. while bees are a fauna But a mod Designed to workin tandum with this mod would be nice bout odds are somone would have to want to take up the work

adib

Jul 29, 2019
buzyb77 said:
yes finally able to post here again on this .

ok Forestry mod is more of a flora mob not a Fauna mod. while bees are a fauna But a mod Designed to workin tandum with this mod would be nice bout odds are somone would have to want to take up the work
yeah dont think a mob would really fit into forestry.

Joeaniator1

Jul 29, 2019
Sparkst3r said:
The newest beta has a beekeeper villager its close to a new mob right? :p
It is pretty cool though i would like to see bees flying around that would be coo wait a beekeeper village what would go on there

justvintage

Jul 29, 2019
would that beekeeper villager actually do things rather than just sit there
such as would it sell you different bee related items

smbarbour

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the beekeeper villager will offer appropriate trades.

As for a mob that could be added by Forestry... Beavers! They can cut down trees. :p

Spawnicus

Jul 29, 2019
If there was a mob for forestry it would/should slow down production while it is around. IE a bug that makes your bees 'sick'. A beaver that steals wood from your tree farms. Pine beetles.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Spawnicus said:
If there was a mob for forestry it would/should slow down production while it is around. IE a bug that makes your bees 'sick'. A beaver that steals wood from your tree farms. Pine beetles.
would add some atmosphere but there should be defensive systems to keep them out.

BouncyBalls

Jul 29, 2019
create a machine that lets out a high pitch whine so beavers wont come close :) or just go and slaughter them with your sword

adib

Jul 29, 2019
BouncyBalls said:
create a machine that lets out a high pitch whine so beavers wont come close :) or just go and slaughter them with your sword
i hope the high pitch isnt hearable for the play?

BouncyBalls

Jul 29, 2019
Well in real life its usually higher than humans can hear so I doubt it would be heard in game. But there has to be some way of knowing when its on.

Reactions: pc_assassin

adib

Jul 29, 2019
BouncyBalls said:
Well in real life its usually higher than humans can hear so I doubt it would be heard in game. But there has to be some way of knowing when its on.
something like beacon block from 1.4 pre release?

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
BouncyBalls said:

I want bacon block! 3x3 porc chops!

more 'seriously' on topic;
I was wondering; You know Beavers, they build (beaver)dams to make the water level rise; now if they were to act that way in-game; would it not at some point make the water level rise unexpectedly griefly? let's say the beavers are programmed to make water level raise up to Y=66 with a "dam" block that they build overtime(now we need river biomes!) let's say the dam block is a block that acts like a water block range-wise, but spawns water blocks in that range. (so 'they' spread 7 further) that would be a """ realistic """ way (note triple quote-unquote) to make it seem as if the water level rose, (maybe lessen the range of the dam block) But at Y=66, there are chances for the Y=65 is the top of a "small hill"-like plain so then the water propagates another 8-14 blocks...I see massive mob-griefings in the future (if beavers are to be implemented with this whole dam idea(HOHOHO))

huh..yeah...Go beavers!...?

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
adib said:
BouncyBalls said:

I want bacon block! 3x3 porc chops!

more 'seriously' on topic;
I was wondering; You know Beavers, they build (beaver)dams to make the water level rise; now if they were to act that way in-game; would it not at some point make the water level rise unexpectedly griefly? let's say the beavers are programmed to make water level raise up to Y=66 with a "dam" block that they build overtime(now we need river biomes!) let's say the dam block is a block that acts like a water block range-wise, but spawns water blocks in that range. (so 'they' spread 7 further) that would be a """ realistic """ way (note triple quote-unquote) to make it seem as if the water level rose, (maybe lessen the range of the dam block) But at Y=66, there are chances for the Y=65 is the top of a "small hill"-like plain so then the water propagates another 8-14 blocks...I see massive mob-griefings in the future (if beavers are to be implemented with this whole dam idea(HOHOHO))

huh..yeah...Go beavers!...?
well there are naturally generated rivers, which i recall were upton an time actual river biomes. but i'd say if not the whole rivers water level get higher it is quite odd and as you know rivers mostly stop in an ocean, so the ocean should be higher, or you need another dam on the other side a lil away.

Status
Not open for further replies.