Will my computer run FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
64 bit OS install. If you have a windows 7 disc, there is usually an option to install it. Win 7 comes with 32 and 64 bit versions of the OS.

edit: and honestly, now that i'm thinking about it, I didn't have any luck installing win7 64 bit with 2gb ram on that system. You'll need the full 4gb to see a difference I'm afraid, or just wait until you can do a proper upgrade.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
fast, max fps, opengl on, custom colors/mobs/sky/etc everything non essential off, normal render. i loaded up and flew around in creative at full speed, chunk loading was nice, average fps's were as stated. how much that would change with an advanced base? not sure... I'd load up bevo's SSP on bevo's tech pack but it barely runs on my current machine heh. animations were left on, so i imagine unless you build a glass base inside a lava pool it would be decent. if you play SMP you'll probably see better performance, since you wouldn't be running a "server" locally.

#realtalk, though. if you have any dreams of mass automation, many chunks being loaded with quarries running, etc. drop them. the pc will barely handle you running around, building machines, running them, and mining yourself.

good luck.

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
So it would probably run direwolf decent! Or better than resonate rise! Also how do you get the pack tppi?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
a) No rotarycraft, but you'd never be able to run it anyway.
b) Some of the changes are eeh.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I can run my server at 1024 MB of RAM
Without major FPS fluctuations, I can run the pack at 2048.
EDIT: Fixes. :)