Wiki Open for Contributions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
We think we have the bugs worked out this time around. The wiki should be open for the community to write articles.

You will have to create an account and verify your email.

All articles will have to be approved b a staff member prior to being readable on the wiki. Exceptional article writers may be invited to join the official staff.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
A quick question about translations, should the name of things be translated as well, or should one just translate everything else but leave named stuff alone?
For example, should a "Builder," or "Flux" remain called "Builder" and "Flux" no matter what language, or should everything be translated to the corresponding language?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
A quick question about translations, should the name of things be translated as well, or should one just translate everything else but leave named stuff alone?
For example, should a "Builder," or "Flux" remain called "Builder" and "Flux" no matter what language, or should everything be translated to the corresponding language?

We usually leave those in english since that how it shows up in game, you could certainly place the translations next to it in italics.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
We usually leave those in english since that how it shows up in game, you could certainly place the translations next to it in italics.

Ah I figured that'd be the case for those same reasons.
I'll see if I can help with some translations then, will probably be working on Thaumcraft Articles first.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
This has me interested. But sadly my knowledge of some mods is limited. I only just finished some incredibly extensive testing with factorization and the concept of its charge mechanics. not to mention....me and wiki's do not mix if at all.. never could make a nice looking wiki page to save my life.

WhiteFireDaemon

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering if you want the article applications to be complete with formatting so that it could potentially just be pasted to the website or if you are looking for just the text write-up for now since we can't go and preview the page to see how it would look as a finished product before submitting it.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering if you want the article applications to be complete with formatting so that it could potentially just be pasted to the website or if you are looking for just the text write-up for now since we can't go and preview the page to see how it would look as a finished product before submitting it.
I just did text write-up, it was fine.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
If you made an account and verified your email you should be able to make a page. It worked fine during tests yesterday.
It still tells me to that I don't have permissions to create a page. Also, I switched to the Feed the beast theme (which is pretty good, by the way), and now none of the links on the top right work, except for logout (I can't even change my theme back).
EDIT: So I managed to get out of the FTB theme by searching through my history for the preferences page, but this is still a problem.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Also here to corroborate that I am unable to create new pages (just to show Omega's issue isn't a fluke).

Senior

Jul 29, 2019
are you still looking for translators ? I would like to be Polish translator, im sure there are players from Poland.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
It still tells me to that I don't have permissions to create a page. Also, I switched to the Feed the beast theme (which is pretty good, by the way), and now none of the links on the top right work, except for logout (I can't even change my theme back).
EDIT: So I managed to get out of the FTB theme by searching through my history for the preferences page, but this is still a problem.
Yeah..... Don't use the FTB skin until it's complete. I will be helping FunshineX on it, seems that he has hit a bottleneck. You can preview the skin by adding &useskin=ftb to the end of the URL.

Also here to corroborate that I am unable to create new pages (just to show Omega's issue isn't a fluke).
Really strange. I don't have the createpage permission (only captainnana has it), but I still can create pages. Check out the user rights page or a table for a better view.

EDIT: I found another error, the createpage permission requires the edit permission, which only the group staff owns it. Maybe autopromotion is set up wrongly, or it is intentional to wait until anti-spam measures are established.

are you still looking for translators ? I would like to be Polish translator, im sure there are players from Poland.
You will be able to translate without joining the team after the wiki is opened up. ;)

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Are you still looking for translations? If you decide that Czech would be beneficial I am here and willing to help....
Instruction on how to translate will be on the wiki shortly. You can start contributing to the wiki as soon as captainnana finishes configuring the wiki.

abouttabs

Jul 29, 2019
Instruction on how to translate will be on the wiki shortly. You (can start contributing to the wiki as soon as captainnana finishes configuring the wiki.

Thank you I also deleted my post after finding Jadedcat's post about translating...
And I was wrong... Sorry I was clicking faster than thinking... I was sent here.
So sorry for confusing you.
I would still like to apply for translating to Czech.
I will be able to send Jadedcat translation tonight, right now I am on computer with english keyboard (no didactic marks..))
So just wait right? Okay I am little slower today :)

Eran

Jul 29, 2019
ill be able to help with translation to Hebrew. Just putting it out there.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed there's brazilian portuguese and portuguese. I'm guessing portuguese is supose to be portuguese from portugal. Also, this is probably a feature, but, pt-br also has the pt-pt posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.