Wiki Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
THIS THREAD IS DEPRECATED. PLEASE POST IN THE WIKI FEEDBACK FORUM NOW IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK.

Post your feedback here.

To contact a specific wiki team member use the links below:

Last edited by a moderator:

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
While I love the structure, rigor and standards enforcement on the wiki the end result is a system that is very difficult to create content for... and that leads to a wiki with almost no usable content. I don't think content creators are itching to come and play in your sandbox.

You may want to consider ways to encourage content creation rather than control of content creation if you want the wiki to be the go-to resource for FTB. Right now ftbwiki.org has you beat, no question. Even if their content is not 100% accurate, there is content and it's usually close enough that consumers can figure out the rest.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
While I love the structure, rigor and standards enforcement on the wiki the end result is a system that is very difficult to create content for... and that leads to a wiki with almost no usable content. I don't think content creators are itching to come and play in your sandbox.

You may want to consider ways to encourage content creation rather than control of content creation if you want the wiki to be the go-to resource for FTB. Right now ftbwiki.org has you beat, no question. Even if their content is not 100% accurate, there is content and it's usually close enough that consumers can figure out the rest.
I am thinking of ways to improve on editor retention, which is also a huge problem on Wikipedia, but since they have such a large amount of regular editors they are able to help out the newcomers individually with tools and projects like Snuggle and adopt a user.

Currently, I believe that we provide too much negative feedback (in form of warnings on user talk pages) to editors that decide to help us out, having a way to give positive feedback will be the next thing I will work on (maybe in form of a thank you button or something). Another reason that no one is using/editing this wiki is that FTB doesn't actively use it as a platform to distribute information, like the changelogs which are currently hosted on Confluence.

Ultimately, my goal is to have the community to be in control of the wiki and the staff to be there to verify and organize the content and to keep everything in order. We are currently lacking staff on the team that can help draft and execute new policies, new guidelines and tend to the editors (I would appreciate it if you did something to help out while you were still on the team). And with conflicting views of the wiki, Slow, originally wanted the wiki to be a place for guides regarding mod interaction can be shared, and Jaded, wanting the wiki to be a place for accurate information about items in game, I have still yet to devise a direction that can satisfy both person's views.

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
I should have prefixed my comment with: I think you have done a fantastic job with what you were given. I know in my case there wasn't much point for me to be involved unless there is content and then when work picked up heavily any plans I had were quickly forgotten.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I've been noticing this too, anyone I give a warning tends not to come back. The only reason I didn't bring it up is because I couldn't think of a solution.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
I should have prefixed my comment with: I think you have done a fantastic job with what you were given. I know in my case there wasn't much point for me to be involved unless there is content and then when work picked up heavily any plans I had were quickly forgotten.
I know I did a great job.
Kappa.png
lol

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but negative feedback is also good, for instance; the creator of -this- page, never came back, which I am a-okay with
Kappa.png
lol they have a tool on wikipedia to determine who deserves negative feedback
Kappa.png
Generally we'd want to give negative feedback to those who vandalize or participate in edit warring, but positive feedback to the others, giving hints that they are doing something wrong on the way.

Edit: all teh
Kappa.png
s

Status
Not open for further replies.