Why would AE stop crafting for no reason??

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Anything you try from an USP to a Crafting Table it's won't craft anything whether if you leave it for a couple of seconds to minutes. It's got 12 CPUs and 6 pattern providers things in the assembly chamber. All the machines, materials, and ME encoded recipes are within the single system so why did it just acting garbage right now?? It's doing all other automation fine keeping 3 Matter Fabs going and 2 Fusion Reactors with a ton and half centifuges and electroylers to keep them going day and night. So why is the crafting part of the Ae is acting garbage when it's setup properly and also have more than enough eu/t to keep it powered?

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problems. I need to keep looking at the crafting monitor! It's really annoying!

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea that's is not telling any stage of production at all.. We need real solutions or we'll have to spam Level emitted Fabricators..

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea.. But why do we have to do that and can't get it working again.. Doing those would take a crap ton of power in 1.5 once they nerf it even though AE is already hard as is..

budge

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that if one task is held up for some reason (invalid recipe, items disappeared unexpectedly [e.g. pipe spill], machine took too long [power shortage]), then occasionally ALL jobs will be stuck until the root issue is solved.

Try going through your patterns to check for invalid recipes first, then look for machines that may be out of power, or spilling items, or stuffed with forgotten items (is your invar-making smelter full of sand and saplings for example?). Also check for damaged ME connections (is an intermediate external processor no longer connected?). And after each and every thing you try, shift-click current jobs to cancel them, and request them again. Finally, if that doesn't work, break and replace the controller. If THAT doesn't work, well, nuke your base from orbit.

I had this issue with the 1.0.2 update and recipes changing, which caused ALL jobs to freeze. Removing now-invalid recipes got things moving again.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Issue I think I'm having is crafting something with an unstackable item, like an energy flow circuit that takes a unstackable lapotron crystal and an elite circuit board. The assembling machine only accepts one lapotron crystal but the ME network has tried to send more so the system jams up.

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Well in 1.4.7 AE can't craft anything with battery bars (IC2 batteries and such). I don't know if this is the case with 1.5, but this may be the problem.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Berserkenstein

Jul 29, 2019
Issue I think I'm having is crafting something with an unstackable item, like an energy flow circuit that takes a unstackable lapotron crystal and an elite circuit board. The assembling machine only accepts one lapotron crystal but the ME network has tried to send more so the system jams up.
Have you tried using the once per craft setting on the export bus for lapotrons to the assembling machine?

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried using the once per craft setting on the export bus for lapotrons to the assembling machine?

My current setup has interfaces with crafting patterns in for the energy flow circuit, I've not got round to working out a better way of doing it yet but I'll look into that, thanks!

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that if one task is held up for some reason (invalid recipe, items disappeared unexpectedly [e.g. pipe spill], machine took too long [power shortage]), then occasionally ALL jobs will be stuck until the root issue is solved.

Try going through your patterns to check for invalid recipes first, then look for machines that may be out of power, or spilling items, or stuffed with forgotten items (is your invar-making smelter full of sand and saplings for example?). Also check for damaged ME connections (is an intermediate external processor no longer connected?). And after each and every thing you try, shift-click current jobs to cancel them, and request them again. Finally, if that doesn't work, break and replace the controller. If THAT doesn't work, well, nuke your base from orbit.

I had this issue with the 1.0.2 update and recipes changing, which caused ALL jobs to freeze. Removing now-invalid recipes got things moving again.
Those stupid panels gotta be it! How do I make the Ae to take the Easy recipes as valid recipes? the recipes work but AE thinks they are false recipes. The encoded things have a red ring around them "warning" you it's not valid but they are.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Those stupid panels gotta be it! How do I make the Ae to take the Easy recipes as valid recipes? the recipes work but AE thinks they are false recipes. The encoded things have a red ring around them "warning" you it's not valid but they are.
The red ring is for duplicate recipes I believe. basically you can only have 1 recipe for each item you are trying to craft, even if it uses different items.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh okay so what's the way to make AE to "play nice" with those recipes in the chamber?

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
No that's can't be done.. You can't just make a Ulmiate Solar panel, you need at least an Solar Panel, Avd panel, then finally the Ulimate one.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
No that's can't be done.. You can't just make a Ulmiate Solar panel, you need at least an Solar Panel, Avd panel, then finally the Ulimate one.

The ultimate will craft as long as all the recipes for the intermediate parts (including the lesser solars) are in the system, I made a vid of this a few weeks ago because I liked how it looks in the crafting monitor. Link is below if you want to take a look.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Here are the photos of the almost all of the ME including the controller power usage and info. However The forums won't let's me do the the whole thing so I can add more if you guys need to see more of it.
2013-05-01_15.37.32.png
2013-05-01_15.37.42.png
2013-05-01_15.39.44.png
2013-05-01_15.40.15.png
2013-05-01_15.40.46.png
2013-05-01_15.40.55.png
2013-05-01_15.41.08.png
2013-05-01_15.41.25.png
2013-05-01_15.41.45.png
2013-05-01_15.42.16.png

snooder

Jul 29, 2019

Ah by 'easy' recipes I thought you meant you had multiple recipes for the same item, just with harder/easier to acquire parts in each.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Had to split the system for some reason.. It's couldn't work with that large of a network.. Idk why nothing said there a limit on network size other than your power supply..

r00teniy

Jul 29, 2019
AE crafting system would break if you make export bus w always craft option and put there something like cells. if machine would need 3 cells or less it would kill autocraft system, coz it would try to craft 4 and put in.