Why Were Thaumcraft Warded Blocks Removed?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
There is also a lot of potential good for warded blocks and glass. Nuclear bunkers and wither farms are two good uses for them. I would like to see them redone so that someone with OP or permission can easily remove them without needing to go into creative mode to do it.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
but arent the arcane pressure plate and arcane door still in TC4? or they are there but non-functional in code

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
but arent the arcane pressure plate and arcane door still in TC4? or they are there but non-functional in code
They're not because they're kinda useless without the warded stone/glass to go alongside it. What's the point of a door that locks absolutely everybody out, when they can dig two blocks to the left and get through

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
They are in the creative menu, I guess to save the ids slots for the future.

They don't need to save ID slots anymore when 1.7 mods come out sometime next year, with the new name ID system having been introduced in 1.7 and the old numeric ID system being phased out sometime in the future.

I believe that the new system is part of what JadedCat is working on along with the standardized configs for the new launcher. She was working on clearing duplicate block types during Slowpoke's twitch cast earlier in the week and a lot of those issues have to do with Ore Dictionary names.

At least I'm hoping FtB is trying to be that proactive.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
They don't need to save ID slots anymore when 1.7 mods come out sometime next year, with the new name ID system having been introduced in 1.7 and the old numeric ID system being phased out sometime in the future.

I believe that the new system is part of what JadedCat is working on along with the standardized configs for the new launcher. She was working on clearing duplicate block types during Slowpoke's twitch cast earlier in the week and a lot of those issues have to do with Ore Dictionary names.

At least I'm hoping FtB is trying to be that proactive.

It's not really up to FTB to take care of block Id's in that manner as I understand it..

Definitely get rid of clashes and having 1001 copper spawning in your world is up their alley though

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
It's not really up to FTB to take care of block Id's in that manner as I understand it..

Definitely get rid of clashes and having 1001 copper spawning in your world is up their alley though

The part of the conversation I heard had to do with things like multiple identical items just because the names are different, like Copper ores in Unleashed, having two tech mods that produce the same thing with different names and each not being usable by the other mod's machines (Ore Dust and Ground Ore for example) and that a proper naming convention should allow all blocks of a given class to work with all mods' recipies. For example from personal experience there are some things you can't make, like stairs, with Natura Redwood planks that you can with other types of wood. The naming standardization should take care of such issues.

If a standard for Ore Dictionary naming is the result of Jaded's current work, any modders who conform to FtB's naming style now won't have a thing to worry about when numeric IDs are gone for good and any FtB packs should have a much greater internal consistency.