Why is my glass being destroyed?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the 1.5.2 beta 0.5 and I've noticed that 1x1 glass I place above my Stevescart track to prevent the cart from being destroyed by lightning is being destroyed. In 1.4.7 I had the same setup and the glass was never destroyed. Is this a new 1.5.2 mechanic? I'm thinking lightning is maybe hitting the glass?

My track and the glass above it are pretty simple as shown (overhead) below.

===========
= =
= =
===========

Ganoly3

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the 1.5.2 beta 0.5 and I've noticed that 1x1 glass I place above my Stevescart track to prevent the cart from being destroyed by lightning is being destroyed. In 1.4.7 I had the same setup and the glass was never destroyed. Is this a new 1.5.2 mechanic? I'm thinking lightning is maybe hitting the glass?

My track and the glass above it are pretty simple as shown (overhead) below.

===========
= =
= =
===========

It is most likely being destroyed once a tree grows. The tree removes the glass block and replaces it with leaves. This used to happen with my Pneumatic pipes that I was using in conjunction with my Steves Cart tree farm, until I found out what was happening.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
It is most likely being destroyed once a tree grows. The tree removes the glass block and replaces it with leaves. This used to happen with my Pneumatic pipes that I was using in conjunction with my Steves Cart tree farm, until I found out what was happening.

That makes a lot of sense. I had the same problem with the pipes. Last time I probably built my glass higher up. I'll make that change. Thanks!