Why i hate Xycraft

Kaminho

Jul 29, 2019
There are some few thing that Soreyn need to fix, atm Xycraft for me is so annoying, im gonna tell in few points why

1. Sulfur goo - its ok that its spawning from torches (its oryginal in some way) but they are too common, if u place 10-30 torches your inventory will be overloaded all the time (i know u can use aluminim ore, but in some part of the game sulfur ones are cheapest), so more rare sulfur goo and will be fine

2. Crystals (probsbly most important thing) - i build standard Xray device (tnt and piston) and what i saw? crystals, LOOOOOTS of them, too much, tooooo much, its a bit annoying when i mining manually but its more annoying if u set up quarry, coz i think those crystals grow and they have different ID's and thats why some of them dont stack with each other and this so sooo bad, for the instance - u can set crystal on diamond pipe to go into void pipe bcoz crystals has 9999999 different ID's some of them will be deleted, but most of them will still messed up ur storage, so its obvious that crystals need 5-8 barrels in ur quary set up. Man u need change that crystal thing

3. Tanks - i did not use them yet but i saw in DW20 server play what they do. And they do too much, look at rilcraft tanks, they are awsome balanced, u need lot of iron to make them and be able to storage ur liquids, with xycraft tanks u can start new game, build 1 valve and thats it, and ofc they can be huge, op imo
(if its not implemented officially forget about that point)

So i wont be using this mod anymore coz of this. Btw dont get me wrong, this mod is good, it adds cool block into game and that is ok, but it need to change its machanics and will be fine.

What u guys think about that?

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm waiting to see all of the features before I pass final judgement.

Pro tip, for the crystals, if you have one in your inventory, and shift click a crystal with a different id out of an inventory, it will stack with the crystal you already have.

Reactions: RedBoss

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
What u guys think about that?

1. Aluminum (not to be confused with aluminium) is extremely common, especially if you are quarrying. I've got over one hundred stacks of the stuff in an extradimensional barrel. I don't think it is unreasonable to suggest crafting aluminum torches to solve the sulfur goo issue. Otherwise, build a recycler, make scrap boxes, and have a gift giving party.
  2. As stated, shift-clicking the one-off crystals will resolve the item ID conflict. You can also void pipe these, or recycle-scrapbox-gift party them as well. Or place them down and make an awesome crystal garden.
  3. I did not even know that Xycraft added tanks. I don't see them listed anywhere. Can you give me some more data on them? I'll check MineCraft when I get home for items called "tank" and "valve".

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Xycraft does add tanks they are not available for the unwashed masses currently, they are under testing on Forgecraft so the slavering masses have seen them in various youtubers vids.

Kaminho

Jul 29, 2019
check direwolf20 server play, they are using this tank to store lava and liquid DNA, it can be some beta versions. I didint suggest change torches to solve sulfur goo issue, other ppls suggest me to do it, but still sulfur torches doing mess so much.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
you can also use aluminum cans for lava transport early on to save on tin. XyCraft being mainly ore generation is definitely a problem and direwolf has set aside a whole SSP video in his series to deal with the glut of items. Its a time will tell situation to me. The mod developers have confidence or at least tolerance for Soaryn's mod, so I'll go with that for now.

PS, you DO realize that you can sort stuff into chests from a quarry right? sending the XyCraft stuff to an iron or gold chest would solve your problems.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
you can also use aluminum cans for lava transport early on to save on tin. XyCraft being mainly ore generation is definitely a problem and direwolf has set aside a whole SSP video in his series to deal with the glut of items. Its a time will tell situation to me. The mod developers have confidence or at least tolerance for Soaryn's mod, so I'll go with that for now.

PS, you DO realize that you can sort stuff into chests from a quarry right? sending the XyCraft stuff to an iron or gold chest would solve your problems.
The quartz crystals do this funky metadata shift dance when mined you can have at least 5 identical but different quartz crystals which is what the op is talking about the crystals being annoying i believe and sorting them doesn't work since they are effectively according to everything in game completely separate items (though having one in inv and shift clicking stacks from an overflow chest works to set all metadata to the same)

Reactions: AlanEsh

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
The mod is still under development. We can't really judge it yet. The metadata problem with crystals is probably a bug, and you'll probably need loads of them crystals to make the content that's coming in that mod. And if you don't like it you can just take it off the modpack, I'm still waiting for the new features to actually see what the mod is all about. About the tanks, railcraft tanks hold more liquid than XYCraft's.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
that was the whole point of trying to suggest sorting into a chest instead of a barrel

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Quartz Crystals: The only things keeping my sort-directly-to-void diamond pipe in business in my quarry processing chain (I could keep 6 different barrels for the 6 different directional metadatas. I could also ice skate in a tutu without underpants, though, doesn't mean I will).

I still think it's too early on to necessarily use the term "hate", though. Perhaps you're using the term a bit too freely? There are other mods that work much harder to earn your "hatronage", at least. ;)

Reactions: Flipz

Kaminho

Jul 29, 2019
i didint said "i hate", im giving just few tips to creators what they have to change in first place, i said i like this mod but atm its kinda bugged for me

ElZendo

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest rereading what you titled the thread (which is what everybody browsing sees and decides to view your thread based on).

First off - lol

On topic I can see Soaryn adding more generation once he has more ideas for machines and stuff, unless of course he uses vanilla items and his own items conjunctively. If i have been hoarding chest upon chests of his items only for him to add more generation to make some new machine he has not yet thought of, or his fabricator (seen in multiple forgecraft videos), too quickly package his ores (among other things, it does look really cool don;t get me wrong), I won't be best pleased.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
My current oil storage tank is a hole in the ground I dug to bedrock. If I was actually using lava this map I would be doing the same. I would also be doing it for biomass if it was placeable.
I think the xycraft tanks are a nice substitute for people like me who won't use railcraft.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
First off - lol

On topic I can see Soaryn adding more generation once he has more ideas for machines and stuff, unless of course he uses vanilla items and his own items conjunctively. If i have been hoarding chest upon chests of his items only for him to add more generation to make some new machine he has not yet thought of, or his fabricator (seen in multiple forgecraft videos), too quickly package his ores (among other things, it does look really cool don;t get me wrong), I won't be best pleased.
I concur, my biggest apprehension though is that XyCraft is going to be a huge let down. The fabricator will be useful for multi stage crafting like q-suits, but the tanks are not that revolutionary and we haven't seen much else. Water blocks? meh. there's a LOT of ore out there I hope he can make use of it other than aesthetics

GearSB

Jul 29, 2019
In the last episode of DW20 Season 3 SMP, Soaryn showed off some of his work in progress machines, like his laser power system. It looked pretty amazing.

So there looks to be a lot coming down the pipe for Xycraft in the future.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
there will be footballs with lasers, a catalyst laser, and more laser stuff.

MJ and EU is enough, I don't even know why do we even have bluetricity or why to do a new form of energy.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
there will be footballs with lasers, a catalyst laser, and more laser stuff.

MJ and EU is enough, I don't even know why do we even have bluetricity or why to do a new form of energy.

Because RedPower is a standalone mod and not an addon to IC2 or BC.