1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WHY ARE ZOMBIE PIGMEN ATTACKING ME?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Projekt, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Projekt

Projekt New Member

FTB: Infinity

This is so frustrating. I'm trying to explore the Nether, but the Zombie Pigmen start attacking me for some unkown reason. I am aware of Nether ores and so I haven't been mining any ores. My latest death was me eating my pork beside one and a random slowness effect took hold of me and they all became aggressive.

Even then, whenever I am exploring they just become aggressive towards me at any given random interval.

Anyone know a mod which is causing this?

2. sgbros1

sgbros1 New Member

Is there Infernal Mobs?

3. Projekt

Projekt New Member

No, there is no infernal mobs in Infinity mod pack.

4. sgbros1

sgbros1 New Member

Did you or one of your friends punch one of them?

5. Projekt

Projekt New Member

It's just me playing, no. I've just started the world so I really don't want to get into much trouble in the nether. However, this is hard for me since they just aggro for no reason.

I really don't interact with them at all. As said, I can walk past them, and the next second, they go aggro and begin attacking me. It's really more specifically ones carrying an envy shard; those are the most common. But normal ones still do the same also.

6. Projekt

Projekt New Member

Honestly, I'm not going to go back into the Nether until I get flight sorted. This is so annoying, haha.

7. jordsta95

jordsta95 New Member

Do you have nether ores, and did you mine one?

8. sgbros1

sgbros1 New Member

Cmon Jordan, I thought you were less derpier than that.

9. Middleclaw

Middleclaw Well-Known Member

The cause of the Zombie Pigmen rage (Ziggy) is what you said in your opening post, "Eating Pork within direct view of a Ziggy". It's an effect added by Draconic evolution and even mentions it in the tablet. Only way to stop it is by the usual Ziggy genocidal methods .

ICountFrom0 and RamblinWreckGT like this.
  10. jordsta95

jordsta95 New Member

I may have skim read the OP...

Predatorkillol likes this.
  11. RamblinWreckGT

RamblinWreckGT New Member

Well, wouldn't you be a little annoyed if someone walked by you eating your friends?

12. malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke Over-Achiever

Relevant to interests.

Describe.

Lethosos likes this.
  13. GreenZombie

GreenZombie New Member

While the consumption of other primates is rather weired to me I would not consider attacking someone eating baboon on a stick.
    Pigmen != pig. This hostility makes no sense.

SolManX likes this.
  14. lenscas

lenscas Over-Achiever

isn't it the case that a pig that gets hit by lightning changes into a zombie pigman?

PierceSG and RamblinWreckGT like this.
  15. Projekt

Projekt New Member

Thanks dude, this is totally it. You've saved my day, haha. I was getting super annoyed. I literally spent the majority of my day dying and trying to retrieve my stuff.

16. rhn

rhn Too Much Free Time

Yes this is correct:
    http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Zombie_Pigman

Zombie Pigman = Pig

17. mathchamp

mathchamp New Member

The solution is to switch to beef ;)

(inb4 a mod adds cowmen that aggro you when you eat beef)

18. Someone Else 37

Someone Else 37 Forum Addict

I believe Ars Magica adds cowmen (ok, so they're called hellcows) to their own dimension; however, they're as aggressive as zombies and creepers and thus would be too busy trying to smash your face to care much about what you're eating.

19. GreenZombie

GreenZombie New Member

There is a transformation*, but Zombie Pigmen have their own child form. I am still not buying that a zombie pigman should feel affinity for their porcine ancestor form.

* Difficult to verify - while I have been able to extract flesh from zombies, despite mass murder, I have been unable to examine a single flesh sample from a zombie pigman. Which is dissapointing as, as a thumaturge, their flesh looks tasty and nutritious. Experiments in flesh extraction continue apace.

Geo Terra and RamblinWreckGT like this.