WHY ARE ZOMBIE PIGMEN ATTACKING ME?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
FTB: Infinity

This is so frustrating. I'm trying to explore the Nether, but the Zombie Pigmen start attacking me for some unkown reason. I am aware of Nether ores and so I haven't been mining any ores. My latest death was me eating my pork beside one and a random slowness effect took hold of me and they all became aggressive.

Even then, whenever I am exploring they just become aggressive towards me at any given random interval.

Anyone know a mod which is causing this?

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
Did you or one of your friends punch one of them?
It's just me playing, no. I've just started the world so I really don't want to get into much trouble in the nether. However, this is hard for me since they just aggro for no reason.

I really don't interact with them at all. As said, I can walk past them, and the next second, they go aggro and begin attacking me. It's really more specifically ones carrying an envy shard; those are the most common. But normal ones still do the same also.

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I'm not going to go back into the Nether until I get flight sorted. This is so annoying, haha.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
The cause of the Zombie Pigmen rage (Ziggy) is what you said in your opening post, "Eating Pork within direct view of a Ziggy". It's an effect added by Draconic evolution and even mentions it in the tablet. Only way to stop it is by the usual Ziggy genocidal methods .

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
While the consumption of other primates is rather weired to me I would not consider attacking someone eating baboon on a stick.
Pigmen != pig. This hostility makes no sense.

Reactions: SolManX

Projekt

Jul 29, 2019
The cause of the Zombie Pigmen rage (Ziggy) is what you said in your opening post, "Eating Pork within direct view of a Ziggy". It's an effect added by Draconic evolution and even mentions it in the tablet. Only way to stop it is by the usual Ziggy genocidal methods .
Thanks dude, this is totally it. You've saved my day, haha. I was getting super annoyed. I literally spent the majority of my day dying and trying to retrieve my stuff.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Pigmen != pig. This hostility makes no sense.
isn't it the case that a pig that gets hit by lightning changes into a zombie pigman?
Yes this is correct:
A zombie pigman will spawn when lightning strikes within 4 blocks of a pig. If the player is riding the pig when lightning hits it, a zombie pigman will appear on top of the player. If the pig is a baby, the zombie pigman will still be full sized.
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Zombie_Pigman

Zombie Pigman = Pig

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The solution is to switch to beef ;)

(inb4 a mod adds cowmen that aggro you when you eat beef)
I believe Ars Magica adds cowmen (ok, so they're called hellcows) to their own dimension; however, they're as aggressive as zombies and creepers and thus would be too busy trying to smash your face to care much about what you're eating.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Yes this is correct:

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Zombie_Pigman

Zombie Pigman = Pig

There is a transformation*, but Zombie Pigmen have their own child form. I am still not buying that a zombie pigman should feel affinity for their porcine ancestor form.

* Difficult to verify - while I have been able to extract flesh from zombies, despite mass murder, I have been unable to examine a single flesh sample from a zombie pigman. Which is dissapointing as, as a thumaturge, their flesh looks tasty and nutritious. Experiments in flesh extraction continue apace.