why are they adding equivalent exchange

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
You mean EE2, yes? I never thought of mooshroom farms, but I don't think I ever found any in my EE2 worlds. But on my "sky chest" world (where you start with a TT containing a minimal set of knowledge and just enough EMC to get started) I definitely used mushroom farming (then I made a massive RP2 cobblegen+blockbreaker array, which fed into a condenser, until I could afford to build a standard 'power flower'). And I also remember earlier, flowers used to be equal to half of an iron ingot, which itself was overpowered, to say nothing of bonemeal...

Agreed, though I only used EE2 with RP2 and TC2.

Thanks to Thermal Expansion, obsidian is already incredibly easy to get :D I suppose I could do with some enderpearls though... but I'm low on iron after making a 7x7x8 iron tank which I intend to fill with lava (but haven't started yet, as I need to figure out how I want to pump it, not having pumped lava before).

Pipe coming out of the output color of a magma crucible powered by a magmatic engine which if feed lava from the same output pipe from the crucible.
gold ingots, 1 glass and 8 pipe waterproofing thingys. Then you just have to supply netherrack.
Else make a BC pump.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Pipe coming out of the output color of a magma crucible powered by a magmatic engine which if feed lava from the same output pipe from the crucible.
gold ingots, 1 glass and 8 pipe waterproofing thingys. Then you just have to supply netherrack.
Else make a BC pump.
Oh I was planning on doing that anyway, though with TE's pipes. But it would still feel a bit more awesome to drain some lava lakes into my tank, so I'll see about getting a BC pump and perhaps try something with a tank cart.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I was planning on doing that anyway, though with TE's pipes. But it would still feel a bit more awesome to drain some lava lakes into my tank, so I'll see about getting a BC pump and perhaps try something with a tank cart.

My plan, once RP comes out, is to do a 64x64 quarry. When it's done, build glass walls up to sky limit and a glass roof and drain every lava source I come across into it. I'll probably try TE's, depending on how it works.

Why do that? Just to do it.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to Thermal Expansion, obsidian is already incredibly easy to get :D I suppose I could do with some enderpearls though... but I'm low on iron after making a 7x7x8 iron tank which I intend to fill with lava (but haven't started yet, as I need to figure out how I want to pump it, not having pumped lava before).

Also, you are able to make obsidian with ic2 using two water cells and two lava cells, in an unshaped recipe to make one obsidian. Also a blockbreaker from RP2 can mine obsidian.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Also, you are able to make obsidian with ic2 using two water cells and two lava cells, in an unshaped recipe to make one obsidian. Also a blockbreaker from RP2 can mine obsidian.
Maybe you are, but I don't have either of those mods :p But yeah, there's plenty of options.

OrionEnsisJim

Jul 29, 2019
I've always felt that the problem with EE2 was the fact it removed choke points, having to choose between 2 resources. I feel that if there is going to be something similar to the collectors relays and condensers (pahmar has mentioned some form of passive EMC generation) that having some sort of fine like double or triple the EMC cost for the creation of an item and overall increased EMC costs would have balanced the mod significantly more.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the free transformations did make it all too easy, since instead of gathering resources, you were gathering EMC to turn into anything you want. So you just had to collect 1 of everything and then find the fastest way to gain EMC to turn into everything. I must admit that did eventually lose its fun, leaving little to do but fly around destroying the world with the Rings... which was also kinda fun but didn't have must point to it.

The GoED was pretty cool though.

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised that nobody has provided the obvious answer as to why EE3 will be in at least some of the FTB team packs. It is and will likely continue to be a (if not the) core mod for the FTB map.

As to whether it will be included in other packs, that remains to be seen but as far as i'm aware Pahimar is working to better balance EE3 EMC around other mods (I think adaptive EMC is still a thing). More and more mappacks continue to be added to the FTB launcher and it is likely that there will be options if you dislike one specific mod. There may also be a specific variant of EE3 for only the FTB maps if Pahimar balances out EMC generation and get rid of darkrooms, milkers, and other rapid EMC generation schemes.

This may be out of date, but I also remember Pahimar saying that there will be multiple EMC types. There likely wont be nearly as many types of EMC as there are TC3 aspects (a guess on my part), But there should be more than fuel and matter.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
I personally never liked EE2 much. however. I did actually make a functioning automatic oak tree farm. if you got the timing right to the amount of saplings produced and bonemeal useage figured. It would be 100% automatic. The design however also does work without EE2 present. Just requires more work from the user. Me personally. I come from a server where Diamonds are actually a real life money resource. Players exchange premium gift codes for diamonds in the game. Even heck VIP codes for diamonds in the game. When our T****t server came knocking. the value of diamonds was next to 0 as everyone wanted to make infinite EMC generators and shit. 1 of the worse ones we had was a player who made a particle spamming farm from hell.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
It's a lot easier to disable a mod than make one, so why completely change a mod that a lot of people loved when you can just take it out if you think it's OP? That's like asking to take out IC2 because you think Iron Furnaces are OP. If you don't like a mod, disable it. If you don't like a server because it's using a mod, don't play on that server...

Reactions: PeggleFrank