why are they adding equivalent exchange

paul1841

Jul 29, 2019
I moved away from tekkit because it was ruined by equivalent exchange. the mod makes the game to easy with condensers and energy collectors , this would totally change this game and prevent it from being a stand alone mod pack which attracts so many people

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
It's going to be EE3, which actually removes energy collectors and the whole transmute thing is being changed. You can check on the main Minecraft Forums for the actual mod, should be much more balanced.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
That's alright, I remember feeling the same way when I saw they intended to add EE, so looked up the changes. I am hoping it's more balanced but will disable it in a heartbeat if it isn't (as I did on my T****t server).

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's very easy to disable a mode in FTB, so it can't really be ruined by a mod you don't like (unless you're playing on a server where the server owner wants a mod that you don't, but that's a different kind of problem).

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I moved away from tekkit because it was ruined by equivalent exchange. the mod makes the game to easy with condensers and energy collectors , this would totally change this game and prevent it from being a stand alone mod pack which attracts so many people
Because even Pahimar admitted EE2 was OP and it is getting a complete re-write.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Because even Pahimar admitted EE2 was OP...
You say that like it's a bad thing :p I always thought it was meant to be OP :D

Yes, I did make a mega-power-flower-array with a speed measured in 'Redmatter Furnaces Per Second', but it's not like I ever actually did anything with all that EMC... it's not as if a chest full of redmatter furnaces is actually practical[1].

Okay, fine, so maybe I did feed massive amounts of diamond blocks into my queaesato... quesadilla... TC2 q-block thingy, but you can't prove anything!
*runs off laughing madly about mercurial-eyeing entire villages into nova cataclysms*

[1] Would you believe half a chest?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the path of "set up collectors -> idle -> have everything" was rather flawed. With the collectors removed, it could probably have been adjusted to be more akin to a recycling system in the style of IC2 (not that I have much practical IC2 knowledge myself: only got as far as charging a couple of batteries. But I digress).

Y'know what would be cool? If EE3 could come up with some form of transformation based on TC3 essences... yeah this is probably a terrible idea.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
He'd also have to completely remove the Antimatter Relays as well, and restrict the types of transmutations. What really broke EE3 wasn't necessarily the collector arrays, those at least required resources to get going (albeit at a geometric rate as your first array provides the materials to make the next, and so forth). It was the mooshroom farms and darkrooms which produced boatloads of free EMC. And you could get that going as soon as you got your philosopher's stone (transmute any passive mob into a mooshroom) and your Antimatter Relay (to turn bowls of mushroom soup into EMC).

Energy Condensers were another big culprit, basically an automated trans tablet that made whatever you wanted made when you give it stuff. I remember lava cells were the same EMC value as coal, which made keeping geothermal generators topped off pathetically easy (not that it isn't already easy, mind you). But IIRC, the Condensers were a big part in getting the collector arrays going to produce EMC in a solid form to store.

Remove the Collectors, AMR's, and Condensers and you'll have a much more balanced mod.

The only recipes currently in EE3 that might be exploitable is the Iron -> Enderpearl recipe and -maybe- the obsidian ones. But even there, it runs down endurance on your proto-philosopher's-stone, which is non-trivial to obtain.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly what he did.

I mean, what makes a plugin like that, make a good thing. I see it as one other .zip file for people to install.

So? What's the point in the Railcraft modules? The RP2 modules? A full RP2 install had something like 5-6 different zips. Besides, it's just putting a zip in a folder. I don't consider that exactly 'installing' anything.

This add-on would have players need to pay elemental costs for their Equivalent Exchanges. Instead of having EE3 add it's own, why not just have it use TC3's? Having it as an extra module means that players that don't want this cost or don't have TC3 can still use EE3.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
So? What's the point in the Railcraft modules? The RP2 modules? A full RP2 install had something like 5-6 different zips. Besides, it's just putting a zip in a folder. I don't consider that exactly 'installing' anything.

This add-on would have players need to pay elemental costs for their Equivalent Exchanges. Instead of having EE3 add it's own, why not just have it use TC3's? Having it as an extra module means that players that don't want this cost or don't have TC3 can still use EE3.

First of all, railcraft comes in one pack, parts of it can be disabled in config i believe. Secondly don't talk like you expect Azanor and Pahimar to just do this because you said so. If Pahimar wanted it to be like that, he could make an option in the config.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
He'd also have to completely remove the Antimatter Relays as well, and restrict the types of transmutations. What really broke EE3 wasn't necessarily the collector arrays, those at least required resources to get going (albeit at a geometric rate as your first array provides the materials to make the next, and so forth). It was the mooshroom farms and darkrooms which produced boatloads of free EMC. And you could get that going as soon as you got your philosopher's stone (transmute any passive mob into a mooshroom) and your Antimatter Relay (to turn bowls of mushroom soup into EMC).
You mean EE2, yes? I never thought of mooshroom farms, but I don't think I ever found any in my EE2 worlds. But on my "sky chest" world (where you start with a TT containing a minimal set of knowledge and just enough EMC to get started) I definitely used mushroom farming (then I made a massive RP2 cobblegen+blockbreaker array, which fed into a condenser, until I could afford to build a standard 'power flower'). And I also remember earlier, flowers used to be equal to half of an iron ingot, which itself was overpowered, to say nothing of bonemeal...

Energy Condensers were another big culprit, basically an automated trans tablet that made whatever you wanted made when you give it stuff. I remember lava cells were the same EMC value as coal, which made keeping geothermal generators topped off pathetically easy (not that it isn't already easy, mind you). But IIRC, the Condensers were a big part in getting the collector arrays going to produce EMC in a solid form to store.

Remove the Collectors, AMR's, and Condensers and you'll have a much more balanced mod.
Agreed, though I only used EE2 with RP2 and TC2.

The only recipes currently in EE3 that might be exploitable is the Iron -> Enderpearl recipe and -maybe- the obsidian ones. But even there, it runs down endurance on your proto-philosopher's-stone, which is non-trivial to obtain.
Thanks to Thermal Expansion, obsidian is already incredibly easy to get :D I suppose I could do with some enderpearls though... but I'm low on iron after making a 7x7x8 iron tank which I intend to fill with lava (but haven't started yet, as I need to figure out how I want to pump it, not having pumped lava before).