Why are these chunks ALWAYS loaded?!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
No. Servers load original spawn, a certain number of chunks around players, and chunks loaded by chunkloaders. There might be a small area in each dimension loaded too, but don't quote me on that.
Yeah spawn chunks are semi loaded, then each player loads a radius of 11 chunks(441 chunks). Chunkloaders loads the number of chunks you set them to ofc.

Dimensions will not be kept loaded(and should not be kept loaded by chunkloaders unless you need to) when players leave them and there are no chunkloaders present. In this case the dimension gets saved and unloaded from the server/pc, freeing up resources.

If you are curious about it, you can(if Chickenchunks are installed) open chatwindow and type in /chunkloaders and hit enter. A popup window will open showing all loaded chunks in the different dimensions.

Reactions: Shazam08

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make spawn not loaded? Cuz i think that would make my SP server less laggy :S And tho... Why? I dont spawn there anymore... I spawn next to my bed in home :D

IIRC, you can move it with /setworldspawn, though I haven't tried that. My current world the spawn load coincides nicely with a village. I'm not sure why it's not at 0,x,0, but I'll take it.