why are my fps so low why i ask

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

funman177FTW

Jul 29, 2019
help plzim begging of you guys i need this i love this game and all but the fps are so bad i get 1-7 fps and its just a horrible sight to see so plz help here are attached files that might help

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    969.7 KB · Views: 74

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
More details needed:

OS version/size (32 or 64 bit)
Java version/size (32 or 64 bit)
CPU type/speed
RAM amount installed

As stated above, which pack are you playing, and on what version of Minecraft?

Thanks

We exist to assist

Reactions: Wagon153

funman177FTW

Jul 29, 2019
More details needed:

OS version/size (32 or 64 bit)
Java version/size (32 or 64 bit)
CPU type/speed
RAM amount installed

As stated above, which pack are you playing, and on what version of Minecraft?

Thanks

We exist to assist

, if the pack is 1.7.10, FastCraft?[/quote]

its ftb monster and java 64 bit and latest version and os size is 64 bit os i think latest version and ram amount in total is 6gb

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Give me 5 min and ill turn on my computer and tell you how to find them

Sent from some stupid phone using tappatalk kappa[DOUBLEPOST=1413563246][/DOUBLEPOST]Press ( Windows Button + R ) Then a window should pop up in the bottom left corner. in that window type dxdiag then in that window you should see this

50c342fd5c.png

Either take a screenshot of that or copy and paste your Processor and Operating System. A screenshot would be better.

Last edited:

funman177FTW

Jul 29, 2019
i am trying to[DOUBLEPOST=1413566832][/DOUBLEPOST]i will just copy and paste on here[DOUBLEPOST=1413566942][/DOUBLEPOST]
I dont see it. Did you attach the file?
[DOUBLEPOST=1413566995][/DOUBLEPOST]there it is plz help i thank you for your help

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    25.2 KB · Views: 68

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
You have 6GB of RAM and you have a bad processor. Basically with that processor you will not be able to play modded minecraft at higher than about 10 FPS.[DOUBLEPOST=1413567965][/DOUBLEPOST]Also if you would like help on how to replace CPU's i can guide you thru that.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
i am trying to[DOUBLEPOST=1413566832][/DOUBLEPOST]i will just copy and paste on here[DOUBLEPOST=1413566942][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1413566995][/DOUBLEPOST]there it is plz help i thank you for your help

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron N5050
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

I believe this is why. You're on a laptop; they usually install these cheap Intel chipsets since laptops aren't intended for gaming. These chipsets cannot handle any kind of 3D gaming and are only intended for very basic use (business software, youtube, etc.) Unfortunately, you're kindof out of luck on this one, your only hope is to lower all the detail levels ingame as low as possible and take what FPS increases you can get from that. :(

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron N5050
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

I believe this is why. You're on a laptop; they usually install these cheap Intel chipsets since laptops aren't intended for gaming. These chipsets cannot handle any kind of 3D gaming and are only intended for very basic use (business software, youtube, etc.) Unfortunately, you're kindof out of luck on this one, your only hope is to lower all the detail levels ingame as low as possible and take what FPS increases you can get from that. :(
Minecraft uses cpu not gpu

Sent from some stupid phone using tappatalk kappa

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft uses cpu not gpu

Sent from some stupid phone using tappatalk kappa
Rendering uses GPU though. Pretty darn sure if you take a top-tier CPU and a low-tier GPU you'll get great TPS but terrible FPS.

Aww man theres got to be a way i way what if i install a usb or something
While USB video cards do exist, they're generally at about the same tier as your builtin graphics card (unless there's been some kind of crazy advances with USB3 that I've missed), and aren't cheap.

Reactions: Chaka

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Rendering uses GPU though. Pretty darn sure if you take a top-tier CPU and a low-tier GPU you'll get great TPS but terrible FPS.
This all depends on the GPU we're talking about.

If we're talking about an onboard "gpu" like the OP has in his machine, which is actually just the cpu performing extra work on an already cpu intensive game, then Yes. but If you're referring to a dedicated GPU, this is not true at all. My cpu is far from top tier, as it's 7 years old, and I've had to get by with a GT210 when my last gpu died, and it did fine.

the OP on the other hand has no dedicated gpu, and is running on a bad processor. 6gb ram is an odd number, he can't be running dual channel, so there's yet another performance hit.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Try grabbing a cheap graphics card if it's a desktop. That should help a bit. You can get a Radeon 5450 for 30-40 bucks. Again, if you are on a desktop, try overclocking your processor(if your motherboard can handle it.) Although, that CPU looks like an old model, so you may be out of luck on that front.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Try grabbing a cheap graphics card if it's a desktop. That should help a bit. You can get a Radeon 5450 for 30-40 bucks. Again, if you are on a desktop, try overclocking your processor(if your motherboard can handle it.) Although, that CPU looks like an old model, so you may be out of luck on that front.

Overclocking a Dell is ill-advised... Dells are built for business/school applications, not gaming. That's why they bought Alienware and continue to charge up the wazoo for machines I could build for 1/3 the cost.

Looking at your DxDiag file, your graphics chipset uses shared memory, which means it is stealing 1.6 GB of your total system memory. This leaves around 4.5 GB for Windows and applications. Figuring Window 7 at needing about 1.5 GB for efficient operation, if you've allocated more than about 2-2.5 GB to Java/FtB client you're probably seeing a lot of disk swapfile activity which is slower than limiting the client allocation. Try allocating 2.5 GB and see if things change.

Also, if this is a laptop then all of your major chips (CPU/Graphics/Chipset) are designed primarily for battery life instead of speed. This could further slow things down but can't be changed, usually.

On the software side, You say you're using the latest version of Java... I hope this isn't 1.8.0_20, since a lot of problems have been reported in these forums with that version. I use 1.8.0_11 with no issues, but I test a lot of software in my job and am comfortable doing so. Mojang and FtB recommend using Java 1.7