Why are all the servers incredibly annoying with their restrictions?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
There is a difference if mod has bugs like use wooden pipe and it will crash 100% of a time and and between I bun furnace because some idiot put 500 of them in a chunk for fun.

It is very possible to ban people rather than mods especially on white listed servers with good community where admin does as much policing as every other member. If I play on a server and notice that one chunk lags like crazy for some reason I will let admin know or go myself and check it out. And that is a difference between good community and just another server.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
There is a difference if mod has bugs like use wooden pipe and it will crash 100% of a time and and between I bun furnace because some idiot put 500 of them in a chunk for fun.

It is very possible to ban people rather than mods especially on white listed servers with good community where admin does as much policing as every other member. If I play on a server and notice that one chunk lags like crazy for some reason I will let admin know or go myself and check it out. And that is a difference between good community and just another server.

I know it's possible, I'm questioning the feasibility and work behind doing so. Even if the whole server is white listed and self policing, the admin/ moderators are still the one who has to act to remedy a problem caused by either malice or ignorance. Also the dedication of a server admin wains with their interest in the game, I've been on a few great servers that go south quick when all the policing became too much, as soon as new game comes out or even an old game they now like more the server just dies.
Some people don't want the hassle of babysitting players so they opt for the easy way out, even in white listed servers. That's why almost every server nerfs the corners by imposing restrictions to make it idiot proof, it reduced the amount of unpaid work they have to do.

Also some of us don't have a huge selection of servers to play on, the selection get way narrower when you opt for white list and no restrictions.

Actually, the best way to play SMP with no restrictions is to play in a private exclusive trusted friend only environment and no that's not a white list as there is no actual list.