Which Resource Pack do you like best?

redsector

Jul 29, 2019
Quintuple is the word you're looking at.

No, that would be five. It's sextuple for six.

On topic, Soartex FTW. No idea how anyone can play with Sphax, except 5 year old kids maybe. Great work from an artistic viewpoint for sure, but actually playing with it makes my eyes hurt :eek:

Genius83

Jul 29, 2019
No, that would be five. It's sextuple for six.

On topic, Soartex FTW. No idea how anyone can play with Sphax, except 5 year old kids maybe. Great work from an artistic viewpoint for sure, but actually playing with it makes my eyes hurt :eek:
Ok, well, that's everyone.

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
I go with Soartex these days. I like that it is still very active with constant updates.
Back in the day my sole go to was Misa's Texture pack. That was in the vanilla, early modded days. @Golrith did an outstanding job of updating some of the mods to go with it for awhile. It's a bummer to see that one fade away.

Reactions: Golrith

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
I just want any answers.
*pssst* You can reply to multiple posts in a single post by pressing the "Quote" button instead of the "Reply" one and collecting the quotes. Then, you go down to where you write replies and click "Insert Quotes" which pastes all the quotes you selected into the reply box so you can follow forum rules by not sextuple posting ;)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I go with Soartex these days. I like that it is still very active with constant updates.
Back in the day my sole go to was Misa's Texture pack. That was in the vanilla, early modded days. @Golrith did an outstanding job of updating some of the mods to go with it for awhile. It's a bummer to see that one fade away.
I still tinker with it if you or anyone wants it :D

Reactions: glepet1962

Owen343

Apr 1, 2013
I use Painterly (have been for years) and while it has no native mod support, others over the years have been kind enough to create at least partial support (like ores and world gen stuff) along with full support (like thermal expansion and IC2).

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
I use Painterly (have been for years) and while it has no native mod support, others over the years have been kind enough to create at least partial support (like ores and world gen stuff) along with full support (like thermal expansion and IC2).

Where would one find mod support for Painterly? I haven't used it in years..

Owen343

Apr 1, 2013
Where would one find mod support for Painterly? I haven't used it in years..

Well, that's the thing, a proper (addition) pack hasn't been available for years (the last one was http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/16x-the-painterly-addon-pack.3338/ ) and it kind of died just after 1.6 :/.

And I got a patch later on from a Russian/other language forum (which for the life of me, I can't find now).

But, now, I just reuse/recycle textures from other similar looking packs or older painterly archives to create what I need to cover.

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Its at times like these when I really wish I was talented enough to be a texture artist.

Then I remember how tedious it is and forget about it again.

Genius83

Jul 29, 2019
I like Faithful just because it won't really be a problem if a mod isn't supported.
Yes Faithful looks beautiful also because if a mod is not supported is really not bad, because it is the Default Resource Pack similar.

Genius83

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I think that Soartex Resource Pack also really nice. Yes, and the Misa Resource Pack is just one of the first resource packs, and is indeed also supported for mods.

Genius83

Jul 29, 2019
*pssst* You can reply to multiple posts in a single post by pressing the "Quote" button instead of the "Reply" one and collecting the quotes. Then, you go down to where you write replies and click "Insert Quotes" which pastes all the quotes you selected into the reply box so you can follow forum rules by not sextuple posting ;)
Ok, thank you, I did not know. :)

Genius83

Jul 29, 2019
Painterly also looks really nice. :)

Ah Ok

Yes, texture artist is to be hard, but when it is finished, the Resource Pack, then you can look at everything you have Textured everything in the long term.

Yes, as I said, the Faithful 32x Resource Pack also looks really nice.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You can also just click reply multiple times in the same message. The +Quote is mostly useful if you want to quote different stuff across multiple pages/threads/whatever.

Ok, thank you, I did not know. :)
You do now, so no need to continue to do it. Post farming is really not something that will make you popular...