Which Resource Pack do you like best?

Genius83

Jul 29, 2019
Which Resource Pack do you like best, I like best the SphaxPureBDcraft Resource Pack. :)

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
I use default, although I like faithful and unity and plan on trying those

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I like Pixel Perfection although it doesnt have any mod support. Which is ok since mod patches for resource packs are usually half finished and comprised of crappy recolors. I used to use John Smith but its so much easier sticking with a vanilla-only 16x pack. I usually add a few textures to the mods myself such as ores so they dont look so out of place.

sealedinterface

Jul 29, 2019
I use Unity mostly, but with a few other textures from various other resource packs (at least three come to mind). My GUI textures I make myself, but only the vanilla ones since there's too many FTB GUI's out there.

Genius83

Jul 29, 2019
I use Unity mostly, but with a few other textures from various other resource packs (at least three come to mind). My GUI textures I make myself, but only the vanilla ones since there's too many FTB GUI's out there.
Ok, Unity also looks very nice. :)

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
A long time ago I used to religiously adhere to Sphax, as at the time I believed it was the only resource pack that had so much mod support. Then I found F32 which was nice for a while but John Smith's is something that really made everything perfect and come together under one unifying theme. I really love the aesthetic.

Sometimes I will get tired of it and I'll use another resource pack, like a new 16x vanilla only resource pack coupled with something like Unity since it tends to fit with most things. But in the end I always go back to John Smith.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
My preference is "Snowsong." Yeah, no graphics, but most people overlook sound and music as a part of the experience.

Reactions: RedBoss

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm particularly fond of Wolfhound myself, even if there's little to no mod support. Which is something I really want to get back into...

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I created an extremely customized texture pack based mostly around John Smith but with a lot of resources from Blockheads' tekkit and a few other 32x packs back in the 1.2.5 days. It covered almost all of the mod textures but when they decided to change the texture format, all that work was ruined.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I did take the time to modify a Wolfhound set so that it's my go-to default for making mod textures. I know I did most of Natura that way (except for the cotton plant--no good choice for it so I left it on a different 64x texture.)

It's even compatible with 1.8. I just have to finish the trapdoors and work out the model rotation for them and the finished doors I have.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
There is a lot of really nice looking stuff out there now. But for me it is not the look of Minecraft...
I still prefer the look of Soartex Fanver. It is how I think Vanilla would have looked if it was in x64. Sure it on rare occasion reuses some textures here and there, but those usually get updated along the way with original textures. And you cannot argue about its extensive mod coverage...

Genius83

Jul 29, 2019
A long time ago I used to religiously adhere to Sphax, as at the time I believed it was the only resource pack that had so much mod support. Then I found F32 which was nice for a while but John Smith's is something that really made everything perfect and come together under one unifying theme. I really love the aesthetic.

Sometimes I will get tired of it and I'll use another resource pack, like a new 16x vanilla only resource pack coupled with something like Unity since it tends to fit with most things. But in the end I always go back to John Smith.
Yes, I think that John Smith Resource Pack also really nice, it's just in the Middle Ages kept in style, but I think it also makes it so beautiful.

Genius83

Jul 29, 2019
I'm particularly fond of Wolfhound myself, even if there's little to no mod support. Which is something I really want to get back into...

Wolfhound also looks really nice.

Genius83

Jul 29, 2019
I created an extremely customized texture pack based mostly around John Smith but with a lot of resources from Blockheads' tekkit and a few other 32x packs back in the 1.2.5 days. It covered almost all of the mod textures but when they decided to change the texture format, all that work was ruined.
Oh, that's too bad.

Genius83

Jul 29, 2019
I did take the time to modify a Wolfhound set so that it's my go-to default for making mod textures. I know I did most of Natura that way (except for the cotton plant--no good choice for it so I left it on a different 64x texture.)

It's even compatible with 1.8. I just have to finish the trapdoors and work out the model rotation for them and the finished doors I have.

Ok, I am looking forward to the final version of your resource pack as you want it call you?

Genius83

Jul 29, 2019
There is a lot of really nice looking stuff out there now. But for me it is not the look of Minecraft...
I still prefer the look of Soartex Fanver. It is how I think Vanilla would have looked if it was in x64. Sure it on rare occasion reuses some textures here and there, but those usually get updated along the way with original textures. And you cannot argue about its extensive mod coverage...
Yes, I find that the Soartex Fanver Resource Pack very nice because it has also this great Mod Support.