Which Hosting Service.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Twisted1080

Jul 29, 2019
Which hosting service is better for FTB Infinity, ~6 players? CreeperHost or HostHorde.
Price for Performance.

Twisted1080

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to know so that way I can purchase it. I not want to go in blind. Im a first timer.

Last edited:

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
6 of what kind of player? Casual or hardcore? I need a 4GB server to myself for what I see as endgame. With minimal tweaking I would say 2.5GB would be enough for 6 casual players, just maybe not all on at the same time.

Given just those two choices and picked by value, I would say CreeperHost. I know their performance is okay and the support is supposed to be good. Given a personal choice I would say OVH or its sister companies for best value. For what I would actually play on myself, I would say Linode. Its one of the more expensive VPS options but it has near direct peering with my local ISP so I get very low response times for gaming. Only thing to watch out for if you pick a OVH VPS is the processor. They use AMD Opteron's which are okay but really designed for maximum number of cores vs per core performance.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend Websound, they are much cheaper than CreeperHost and better quality in almost every sense if you ask me.
I have used:
Websound (6 months and counting)
Fragnet (9 months)
CreeperHost (3 months)
CloudHost (I think it was called, it got closed down after a while because they lost everyones stuff and a lot of people were angry - 2 months)
Multiplay (2 months)
MossyCobble (4 months)
And out of all them, I think WebSound are the best.
They have a great support team, and for the prices you will struggle to find another company as good as they are.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I have to echo with node craft. I had creeper host and there tech support was not helpful at all and once was down right rude.

Not to mention the server was very laggy and connection was horrible.

Node craft has been very good with tech support even when I messed stuff up by augmenting the pack. Lol. I've been very happy with them.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I've had no issues with minecraftserver.net good prices, and folks are really quick to answer tickets and help the best they can.
I've been hosting vanilla and dw20 1.6.4 servers with them for over a year now.

Reactions: Psychicash

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
What region are you based in?
Trust me this is important, if you live in the US you are going to want a US based server to keep network latency low.
But if say you where like me; Australian. No matter how good the US provider is or how awesome their hardware is, the geographical distance will at the very best leave you with a 150-200ms latency.
I have never experienced a double digit network latency once I got a 99ms playing WoW but it was probably a calculation error and it rocketed back to 500ms.

So what region are you in? Oceania, US, Asia, EU?

Edit: As far as the two you have, assumeing I was US based I would go for Creeper host. Only becasue that Hosthorde looks a tad dicey, They have an "Unlimited" package, whatever the fuck that means...

Reactions: Fuzzbling and psp

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I do want to clarify, I have heard nothing but good things about Creeper Host, but I've been really happy with minecraftserver.net... If you follow them on twitter, they have promo codes once in a while, I got my FTB server for 1/2 price for life :)

VictiniStar101

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I am currently using Gameservers.net, and have not had any problems with them yet, although I have only had them for a couple days.

djmulder

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps a bit late but I'm using MCProhosting and don't regret it... near to 0 downtime (2x in all the time I've been using it) ...

Their support is good.. had some lag with Infinity and they solved it for me

NOCK

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend Websound, they are much cheaper than CreeperHost and better quality in almost every sense if you ask me.
I have used:
Websound (6 months and counting)
Fragnet (9 months)
CreeperHost (3 months)
CloudHost (I think it was called, it got closed down after a while because they lost everyones stuff and a lot of people were angry - 2 months)
Multiplay (2 months)
MossyCobble (4 months)
And out of all them, I think WebSound are the best.
They have a great support team, and for the prices you will struggle to find another company as good as they are.
Does websound have an autoinstaller for FTB?
Their prices are awesome