Which configs to mess with when starting a new world?

Defiancey

Jul 29, 2019
Topic kinda says it all. I already went through and messed with Biomes o Plenty and turned all the biomes on. Thinking of even turning the biome sizes down from 4 to like 3 or 2, anyone ever mess with that? I also turned taint spread off from thaumcraft. Is there any other config options you guys mess with when creating a new world?

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
Id say you might wonna disable Ettins in the SwapMobs config.
I also removed the Block ID for the EnchantMover from QuarryPlus cause you might as well play in creative.
AllowAbilityFly from AdvancedGenetics is a rather easy/cheap to get Creative style flight for absolutely no "fuel" cost at all so thats been deactivated on my server.
I usually crank up the energy cost for AE networks, they are too cheap imo.
Reduced the TC4 Aura node distance a bit cause running around refilling wands from "not chunk loaded" nodes with multiple people doing it is a pain, also reactivated the old blue magical forests to make it easier to spot.

Those I can think of from the top of my head. Other than that I added and removed some mods. DyeTrees is not only annoying (you cant really tell whats a silverwood and what isnt, from a distance anyway) but also OP if you dont deactive the gen of rainbow biomes (farmable lapis trees in combination with TiC).
Id also recommend to turn Reactorcraft off. It world-gens more than any other mod and yet there is absolutely no documentation for it, noone uses it or even knows what to do with it.
Just add some cool stuff as well like AM2 (why isnt that in by default?), Translocator and Witchery. Careful tho cause when I tried to add Arcane Scrolls, which worked fine in Horizons, it crashed Monster for me.

Defiancey

Jul 29, 2019
I should have specified, im using the direwolf20 1.6.4(1.0.7). I did turn off the clouds that natura adds. It looks like crap when trying to render a map via dynamap. I see most of the ones your talking about arent in the direwolf pack.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I usually do not mess with configs, besides occasionally messing with BoP biome spawns and enabling EVERYTHING I can in other configs.
Other than that I leave in most configs.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
with TiCo I make it so that the slime islands are a bit rarer, and the tier 1 patterns are placed in the pattern chest on creation
I dont think I mess with any other mods that DW20 has

Jirajha

Jul 29, 2019
If Mystcraft is installed, disable the recipe for the book binder to prevent people from creating tons of ages and having multiple ages at once loaded (strong server required thatfor).

~no Signatur available~

Jirajha

Jul 29, 2019
Well.. as long as you setup a server xD for sp it is fine as it is with mystcraft :)
just disable the nasty stuff from BoP like poison pools, posion ivy, quicksand in the /biomesoplenty/terraingen.cfg

~no Signatur available~

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Well.. as long as you setup a server xD for sp it is fine as it is with mystcraft :)
just disable the nasty stuff from BoP like poison pools, posion ivy, quicksand in the /biomesoplenty/terraingen.cfg

~no Signatur available~
Why would you do that?
Thats one of the best parts of BoP!