Where to find Iridium ore?

Sobe Fanta

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently running FTB ultimate mod pack and I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could find it. I know you used to be able to find it in the nether but not anymore. I looked it up but none of the wikis said where it could be found.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
By default, you find it once every five chunks in the Overworld.

Sent from my phone using black magic

Sobe Fanta

Jul 29, 2019
Is that the only way? It seems like it would take forever to find just 1 ore... any methods on the fastest way to mine?

YoungForce

Jul 29, 2019
If you have gregtech, go to the end and mine sheldonite ore and shove it in the industrial grinder. Otherwise, I guess make a frame mining machine in a mystcraft world.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
You can also centrifuge 3 platinum dust (I think) to get one iridium nugget! Then again, platinum's a pain to get... UNLESS you get lots of sheldonite!
Did I mention that End mining is really fun and y'all should try it sometime?

Sobe Fanta

Jul 29, 2019
How hard is it to mine sheldonite ore considering you only have a 10% chance of getting iridium when using the rock crusher.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
How hard is it to mine sheldonite ore considering you only have a 10% chance of getting iridium when using the rock crusher.
It's not that bad! It's actually a rather enjoyable task once you have a jetpack. Just pick a direction in the End and keep going 'til you hit an asteroid. The sheldonite should be very distinctive (it's hard to see the texture difference from regular end stone but it's all off on its lonesome, away from the asteroids), and you get about 4 sheldonite per vein, on average.

Also, don't bother using a rock crusher to process GT ores. Use an Industrial Grinder from GregTech. You can get 2 platinum dust, 2(!) iridium nuggets, and Some Other Random Junk if you process it using that. And you can get 3(!) platinum dust per sheldonite if you use mercury cells in the water slot. So basically, invest in a frakking Industrial Grinder, you won't regret it.

Sobe Fanta

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah jet pack isn't a problem, I have the whole power armor set. Well thanks for the help, I hope this makes it easier for me to get some iridium :p

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah jet pack isn't a problem, I have the whole power armor set. Well thanks for the help, I hope this makes it easier for me to get some iridium :p
And frakloads of platinum! Platinum is very useful for the higher-tier circuitry with GregTech.

Sobe Fanta

Jul 29, 2019
All I wanted to do was make advance solar panels but one thing leads to another and I end up making tons and tons of machines just to get the materials. I need UU-Matter and I made the mass fabricator only to find out it didn't exist in FTB anymore so then now I have to make a matter fabricator which needs iridium.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Either set up a massive mining operation to find iridium,
Oooooooor,
Re-enable the crafting recipe of the mass fabricator because greg is full of it

Sobe Fanta

Jul 29, 2019
I've already found my solution suggest by ApSciMorgs. Flying around in the end getting sheldonite ore is the easiest way to get iridium.

Reactions: ApSciLiara