Where do you get all your urainium?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
I have a realatively high yield mining operation and most things I would need are automated to some extent.

However, I have recently started looking at Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panels (not used them before because I like more manual/creative forms of power generation) but I want to have a good spread of all mods and all powers in my world.

As with everything in Minecraft, doing it to an excess is always my preference, I thought I would be able to make a solar farm of them powering a Rube Goldberg machine.

After building a few, I have quickly run out of Urainium even though I have not used any previously (Fusion is my next stop on the power train).

How do you guys get enough Urainium to support big projects like this? Does Urainium spawn more frequentlyin particular biomes? Do I just need a more agressive mining landscape destroyer? Or is there another way of automating Urainium?

FYI - I am using the Ultimate 1.4.7 pack with GregTech disabled.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
I had to use a land-eating frame quarry with mining wells.

If you're gonna make a fusion reactor, here's a couple tips before you get started:
1) Start making fusion coils and advanced machine casings now
2) Start making fuel now - lots of deuterium and tritium
3) Try to get your fuel production to keep up with the reactor's fuel consumption - it's expensive and difficult, but if you can keep the reactor running constantly you will have a great, stable power source.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Radioactive bees are super hard to get.

Quarrying is your best bet.

If you're using ngt (no greg tech, I presume?), solars are pretty cheap and once you get to ultimate hybrids, 512 EU/t per solar will just about do it for all your needs.

Oracular

Jul 29, 2019
Bees are the best way. I produce stacks of bees; I have an auto crafting system hooked up between my tree farm and a spider farm, yielding insane amounts of untreated frames. Pump those into the radioactive bee alveary, and you're producing a uranium comb every 26 seconds I believe it is.

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
what kind of sorcery is this?

Not sorcery.. but almost as powerful. Known by some as stupidity.

What I meant in my moment of stupidity was a Nuclear Reactor.[DOUBLEPOST=1374594836][/DOUBLEPOST]
Radioactive bees are super hard to get.

Quarrying is your best bet.

If you're using ngt (no greg tech, I presume?), solars are pretty cheap and once you get to ultimate hybrids, 512 EU/t per solar will just about do it for all your needs.

I don't actually need the power, I have 9 Ultimate Hybrids already, I just want to build things on a large scale. I have a chunk eater in a mystcraft mining world but it is only a chunk wide. I think in the immediate future, I will expand it to 4 chunks wide and get started on radioactive bees (already have quite a few and have the alveries ready for up to 8 of them).

Infallible