What's your favorite pre-alfheim generating flower for botania?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Usually after I can make the runes for it I go for the Gourmaryllis, and before then the endoflame. For this playthrough, I'm considering maybe making a mass-endoflame area semi-automated, or maybe trying out something like that entropinnyum/AE automated system, except with Refined Storage instead of AE.

Anyways, what's your go-to?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Gourmaryllis and potato farm is quite good.. I've got one, and have also started using chicken in another Gourmaryllis farm.. oddly enough, it seems slower....

When I had MFR, I would make two tree farms. One would have shear leaves on so I could also use the Munchdew..

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Never actually reached Alfheim stage in a legit gameplay before, and I rarely automate Botania apart from the pure daisies.

But normally I just spam endoflames and blocks of coal coke

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Munchdew because it requires a lot of Botania trickery to automate half-decently. Plays nice with Endoflames.
Endoflames alone when I'm in a rush.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Munchdew because it requires a lot of Botania trickery to automate half-decently. Plays nice with Endoflames.
Endoflames alone when I'm in a rush.

I found a tutorial that shows how to automate it with force relays and a bore/warp lens, but the warp lens needs pixie dust. Are you able to automate it without Alfheim materials?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I found a tutorial that shows how to automate it with force relays and a bore/warp lens, but the warp lens needs pixie dust. Are you able to automate it without Alfheim materials?
Entirely possible to make a tree farm with pre-alfheim materials. I suggest birch myself, as they always grow the same way, with spruce also being pretty good (having no branches, but the 2x2 mega spruces are much harder to handle due to their sheer size even with alfheim mats.)

My basic premise (unfortunatly I don't have access to the tree farm i made anymore, the server it was on reset and i didn't take any screenshots) was firing bore mana bursts periodically across the tree's growing area. I made use of the special pasture seeds (I think i used golden, but any of the sepcial ones, or even course dirt will work) and rammuncarpus to plant. A hovering hourglass triggered the first burst, which landed in a pool feeding the next spreader that fired back across the tree, in a back and forth bore across the grown trees. The bore lens doesn't break either saplings or leaves, so it's safe to send a bore burst across the saplings. You should only need 1 pulse mana spreader (the triggering one) the rest can be normal ones.

I think that's enough details for you to be able to work the rest out on your own :)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
And i only used one normal mana pool, the rest were diluted as they didn't really need the huge buffer.

Reactions: Pyure